PDA

View Full Version : Another effort to stop file sharing...

Sacrifice
12-21-2004, 01:36 AM
http://news.com.com/BitTorrent+file-swapping+networks+face+crisis/2100-1025_3-5498326.html

JIMINATOR
12-21-2004, 02:05 AM
there has been a whole lot of debate on this subject. on the one hand riaa is generally hated and the side effects of their efforts has been to let people know that mp3s can be downloaded from the internet. the mpaa however is generally a well liked organization. sure theaters gouge on refreshments, but nobody considers the mpaa to be scumbags like the riaa. so now hey, you mean that you can download movies over the internet?? wow! how can I do that? and the results will be the opposite of what they intended. filesharing did not become popular until the lawsuits made it happen. i think that this will do more of the same.

Nitro
12-21-2004, 03:53 AM
suns of bitches!
suprnova was the best torrent site out there.
well im pretty sure there will be a torrent site hosted through anonymous proxies or maybe it will be on a Freenet freesite.
Whatever the angle, BT will never die. It will just get stronger. And maybe..just maybe, the RIAA and MPAA will realize they are charging too much for their products.
Corporate Dictators must not win this!

mod
12-21-2004, 07:11 AM
back to irc and the wait..

Nitro
12-22-2004, 05:00 AM
freenet, mute, piolet, ants, ftp

Dangerous Dan
12-22-2004, 08:04 AM
irc works fine and it's coherent

The Crimson Centurion
12-22-2004, 06:11 PM
lololol i found it ...it's still there...camouflagged...(mirror)

It even restarts previously unfinished downloads...

Suprnova gets the last laugh lol

Slice
12-23-2004, 02:23 AM
I've never used irc. I've heard that it takes a while to find the right places and meet the right people and get the right rep before you can get access to the good stuff anyway. I'm an outsider...always the outsider...:bawling: :P :D

Edit: Besides, I'm not really into "chatting".
Actually that's not true. You can find good channels to download in but you are better off not asking newb stuff in the channel, like how do I get that movie that the server just offered. Or the server admin will probably kick you. You need to research how to use irc and what commands to type to get files off the servers.

mod
12-23-2004, 03:16 AM
hmmm
\

u never heard it from me

sharelive

mod*

merry christmas all

He Is Legend
12-23-2004, 06:33 AM
back to irc and the wait..

Um..Irc had the best..

Bittorrent sucked...it took me 4 days to download a game..

on irc it took a matter of hours..

<--Glad

Edit::Anyone who wants the best IRC search engine for games/movies/whatever you want pm me and ill give you the site name

mod
12-23-2004, 09:25 AM
did i mention sharelive ??

bt lives on .

mod

The Crimson Centurion
12-23-2004, 04:14 PM
did i mention sharelive ??

bt lives on .

mod

Sorry, ShareLive has been forced to come offline. We are keeping our Forums online.

Nitro
12-23-2004, 09:42 PM
suprnova lives!
i aint posting links to get my ass busted though hehe

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-23-2004, 11:58 PM
DC ++

Merry xmas and a happy new year