PDA

View Full Version : The LTB USB-M headphones (The 5.1 channel surround sound)

Fragetti
12-27-2004, 01:02 AM
The LTB USB-M headphones

While this headset may not be the cheapest on the market, if you are a serious gamer price may not be a huge consideration. For positional awareness in gaming the LTB USB-M headset just flat out rocks. I play alot of Unreal Tournament 2K4 online and I was able to tell exactly where the other players were coming from. The 5.1 channel surround is just incredible. I also played through Half Life while using these headphones and again the experience was just incredible. The microphone came in handy during UT practice sessions when we used Team Speak however the lack of a mute function and microphone mobility (doesn't swivel) were the only complaints I had with this headset.

The LTB USB-M are lightweight and comfortable and would be perfect for anything from voice recognition to gaming. The LTB USB-M headphones use 6 independent speaker chambers to create 5.1 six channel surround sound effects.

Note: These headphones use a dedicated USB port. Meaning they need to be plugged in to the same USB port that they were installed on every time the system boots. If using a hub use port one and you should be good to go. Other than that they sound and work great. They have a full rich sound with plenty of volume. There is also a lot of presets and controls to fine tune to your liking. EAX equipped. I am very happy so far.

Pros
Positional awareness thanks to 5.1 six channel surround.
Detachable microphone.
USB or standard audio connection.
Volume adjustment.

Cons
No mute feature for microphone.
Microphone doesn't swivel.

Features-Benefits:

• Multiple speaker units for front, center and subwoofer channels, sharp,

clear and distinct sound from five directions.

• USB adapter with Integrated multi-channel chip sound card & headphone

amplifier

• Incorporates New SafeBass Technology, which protects the listener’s

ears by converging Bass response through the left front and right front

channels.

• Built in with detachable microphone for PC gamer or Voice over IP

• Universal audio adapter for two channel audio device, such as: CD/

DVD/MP3 player.

• Very lightweight, Extremely comfortable to wear, even if used for long

periods of time.

• Space saving design features collapsible, rotating ear cups.

Specification:

LTB Headphone:

Net Weight (without cord): 170 g (6 ounce)

True 5.1 surround sound: Yes

Independent speaker chambers: Yes/6

Drive Unit (speaker size):

Center: 15 mm X2

Surround: 15 mm X2

Front: 40 mm X2

Max Power 15 m W

Impedance:

Center: 16Ω

Surround: 8Ω

Front: 32Ω

Frequency Response: 20Hz—20KHz

T.H.D. (total harmonic distortion): < 3%

Microphone: Yes /Detachable

Cord Length: 7 ft

Universal audio adapter: Yes

LTB USB M-Box

Net Weight (without cord): 50g (1.76 ounce)

Box Size: 98 x45 x25 mm

New SafeBass technology: Yes

SoundBlaster EAX Compliant: Yes

Volume Control: Yes

Connection: USB

Power source: USB

Sensitivity: -103db

S/N (signal/Noise): > 80 dB

T.H.D. < 0.3%

Decoder: AC97 Decoder

Application: PC, Notebook

Tablet PC, Mac

{DS}Fragetti :thumbs: :thumbs: ;)

JIMINATOR
12-27-2004, 01:36 AM
do you have a set? or are you getting on? I have the zalman 5.1 headphones and overall am unimpressed. there are three speakers in each phone, but not really enough separation. the ear gets some of it's directional cues from the flaps of the ear muffling sound that comes from behind. so i don't think a 5.1 headphone will really work unless they wrap the ear in this fashion. anyway, if you (or anyone) gets one, i would love to see what you think about them.

FUS1ON
12-27-2004, 02:02 AM
Frag those look like those are some really nice headphones. I bought Spike a pair for Christmas after seeing you mention them in that other thread. The last I heard, he got them working today except for the Microphone. I'm sure it's just some setting he missed.

Fragetti
12-27-2004, 02:44 AM
I do have a pair :) and there awesome

Pure_Evil
12-27-2004, 03:34 PM
My only question would be is how does it cut out outside noise? And I guess we'll find out at Lanwar. :thumbs:

meanwhile, waiting for the prce to drop a tad :P

Fragetti
12-27-2004, 04:30 PM
I dont hear anything but game / music / etc. and yes at 60 bucks I would like these that much more. Well worth it tho
Frag :thumbs:

My only question would be is how does it cut out outside noise? And I guess we'll find out at Lanwar. :thumbs:

meanwhile, waiting for the prce to drop a tad :P

Pure_Evil
12-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I dont hear anything but game / music / etc. and yes at 60 bucks I would like these that much more. Well worth it tho
Frag :thumbs:

And being that you're married, that says a lot :D :thumbs:

Fragetti
12-27-2004, 05:25 PM
:D Yes you are so right, but I did get smacked upside the head the other day lol :rolleyes: Trust me you will love these when you hear them @ lanwar