PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam DoS Vulnerability

Nitro
12-28-2004, 04:34 AM
___

JIMINATOR
12-28-2004, 05:08 AM
and your reason for posting the source code and links to it is what?
hell, if you want to bring a sam server down, just delete your mp maps and join a server a bunch of times. much easier than all that crap you posted... :wacko:

Nitro
12-28-2004, 05:35 AM
and your reason for posting the source code and links to it is what?
hell, if you want to bring a sam server down, just delete your mp maps and join a server a bunch of times. much easier than all that crap you posted... :wacko:
I am posting this to inform the public and for Croteam to get its act together and fix this vulnerability.

SALvation
12-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Please show an ounce of brain matter when posting source code on how to crash a server.

Nitro
12-28-2004, 06:30 AM
___

JIMINATOR
12-28-2004, 06:35 AM
lol, yeah i can imagine someone crashing a server to piss off the other 7 people that still play sam.... :D

Nitro
12-28-2004, 06:38 AM
___

merkwannabe
12-28-2004, 06:48 AM
lol, yeah i can imagine someone crashing a server to piss off the other 7 people that still play sam.... :D:cry:

JIMINATOR
12-28-2004, 07:11 AM
croteam is not going to update sam for any reason whatsoever. all of their resources are directed towards sam2. if the problem still exists with sam2 then it should be addressed. for sam though it is pointless....

ME BIGGD01
12-28-2004, 03:14 PM
this is actually old news and goes for any server or gaming server. attacks happend everyday for those running a server. if sam was as big as the other games, you would see more attacks. it happends and if anyone is running any kind of server, they should make sure they manage it well to prevent these pricks from causing problems.

Dangerous Dan
12-29-2004, 01:24 AM
there was a problem like this about a year ago, someone had a corrupt file upon instalation and it crashed each server they went into.... there was panic for about half a day, then it was resolved...

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-29-2004, 02:02 AM
You post things like this, and then wander why servers get hacked. Why make a post like this in the first place.

It may be informative, but in the wrong hands its dreadful.

JIMINATOR
12-29-2004, 03:05 AM
there was a problem like this about a year ago, someone had a corrupt file upon instalation and it crashed each server they went into.... there was panic for about half a day, then it was resolved...

wow, i remember that, it was before I had come to GM (2 years ago actually) the server froze in hole while I was falling to the sniper, after that people could join the frozen game. I remember someone saying "now I am jiminator". It happened a couple of other games I joined and then hmmm, it was time for a reinstall....