PDA

View Full Version : sound issue

He Is Legend
01-02-2005, 08:03 PM
k well

My comp wouldnt turn on so I called up brian and he told me to unscrew my mobo a tiny bit so it wouldnt hug the case

so that worked and when my comp turns on, i hear constant air flowing through my speaks..

like if you was recording something outside in windy air and watch it on tv...that sound

and im thinking its my fans feeding air through that thing..

anyone got a clue on what to do?...it wouldnt bother me that much, it would be just good to get it off

Mad Fox
01-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Is it kinda static-esk because it could be that your comp is conducting small amounts of electricity and is releasing it through the sound cables....happen to a couple school comps

Comp on carpet or the floor?

Also the cable in or out might not be tightly secured to the port!

Hope i could be of some help1

:jammin: :thumbs:

k well

My comp wouldnt turn on so I called up brian and he told me to unscrew my mobo a tiny bit so it wouldnt hug the case

so that worked and when my comp turns on, i hear constant air flowing through my speaks..

like if you was recording something outside in windy air and watch it on tv...that sound

and im thinking its my fans feeding air through that thing..

anyone got a clue on what to do?...it wouldnt bother me that much, it would be just good to get it off

He Is Legend
01-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Ya its on carpet

and i think its secure...i replugged it in

and ya you helped..the carpet thing ill look into

anyone else?

Grimmy
01-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Do you smoke around your rig?? That's a big killer.

One thing you might try, clean the plug with rubbing alcohol (but not good beer hehe, joke) and might even touch it up witn a good eraser. That will clean the contact on the plug really good. Might want to dip it in rubbing alcohol and leave it wet, and plug it in, and pull it out quite a few times, if the plug would happen to be dirty, that I would think would clean it up enough to make a good connection.

As for along the floor, I would think that cables for speakers these days are good enough to ignore that. If it were me building a cable, I'd atlease make it a grounded cable to the chasis of the rig to cancel out any noice, but some companies take the short cut and don't do that.

Another thing would be to reseat your sound card, providing that it can be taken out. If so, I'd advise doing the same thing with rubbing alcohol and an eraser to the contacts to it. Rub off the crud, and clean up with an eraser, reseat, pull out, reseat and try.

Sound it touchy. I remember when I finally found out that 2 softwares were trying to control my sound. Once I disabled the onboard nVidia crap and went with the Audigy stuff, it was like listening to a whole nothing world, and yes it affected my gaming, when I was fpsing. :thumbs:

Some things you might want to try. I don't know how your rig is put together, but if anything like I talked about, worth a try. Did this just happen out of no where or something that gradually been getting worse?

He Is Legend
01-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Do you smoke around your rig?? That's a big killer.

One thing you might try, clean the plug with rubbing alcohol (but not good beer hehe, joke) and might even touch it up witn a good eraser. That will clean the contact on the plug really good. Might want to dip it in rubbing alcohol and leave it wet, and plug it in, and pull it out quite a few times, if the plug would happen to be dirty, that I would think would clean it up enough to make a good connection.

As for along the floor, I would think that cables for speakers these days are good enough to ignore that. If it were me building a cable, I'd atlease make it a grounded cable to the chasis of the rig to cancel out any noice, but some companies take the short cut and don't do that.

Another thing would be to reseat your sound card, providing that it can be taken out. If so, I'd advise doing the same thing with rubbing alcohol and an eraser to the contacts to it. Rub off the crud, and clean up with an eraser, reseat, pull out, reseat and try.

Sound it touchy. I remember when I finally found out that 2 softwares were trying to control my sound. Once I disabled the onboard nVidia crap and went with the Audigy stuff, it was like listening to a whole nothing world, and yes it affected my gaming, when I was fpsing. :thumbs:

Some things you might want to try. I don't know how your rig is put together, but if anything like I talked about, worth a try. Did this just happen out of no where or something that gradually been getting worse?

I havnt smoked or anything

but ill give it a shot grim...thanks :thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
01-03-2005, 07:03 AM
plug some headphones into your speaker port and see if you hear the same static. if you do then you have a problem but if you don't, your speakers may be crapped out or just junk.

how many fans do you have in your system? only three is needed. if you have more then that you are causing more heat then you think. really you only need a fan on cpu and one to exhaust including one on the power supply. very rarely will you need a fan on the front of the tower to pull in if you have the exhaust pushing out. do yourself a favor and disconnect all your fans except the cpu and see how your temps are. then compare them to the temps with all your fans in.