PDA

View Full Version : nice little benchmark

ME BIGGD01
01-03-2005, 07:12 AM
download and install and then post your screenie.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=156

big file but hell it looks better then 3dmark05

He Is Legend
01-03-2005, 08:41 AM
I have to be the most saddest person here

http://tinypic.com/15vl7p

Oscar(WCFD)
01-03-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm running some beta drivers, so I don't know if they help or hurt my score. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Oscar-wcfd/iviewcapture_date_03_01_2005_time_00_07_05.jpg

He Is Legend
01-03-2005, 08:49 AM
you just owned my score so hard....

Oscar(WCFD)
01-03-2005, 08:57 AM
you just owned my score so hard....

Well hell, look at the difference in system specs. :eek: ;)

Bong *
01-03-2005, 09:37 AM
those lines all over your score look pretty strange

heres my score ..

http://tinypic.com/15vqea

Oscar(WCFD)
01-03-2005, 10:39 AM

I thought so too when I saw Chaotic's post, but thats the way it comes up on my screen. :confused: Think I'll uninstall it and try again.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Well, I saw my fps drag a little when the car was crossing the bridge, otherwise the test ran much smoother than the latest 3dmark benchmark.

He Is Legend
01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
my car was horrible on the first test, car, and thats it

OUTLAWS Tip
01-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Here is mine. Hopefully in couple months I"ll be upgrading to an AMD 64.
:rolleyes:

ME BIGGD01
01-03-2005, 06:16 PM

heres my score ..

http://tinypic.com/15vqea

Nice score dude:thumbs: What are your complete specs? I see you are oc'ing and wondering what board you have and what do you have it running at 11x?

where are the p4 scores????????????????????????????

ME BIGGD01
01-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Here is mine. Hopefully in couple months I"ll be upgrading to an AMD 64.
:rolleyes:
the date should be valentines day;) price cuts along the a64 line:thumbs:

Grimmy
01-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Here is a pic of my desktop results.

The other, the text, is my laptop. Wasn't going to post a pic of it, becuase it was all screwed up looking, becuase it's default resolution is like 1900x1200 and messes with a lot of formatting on apps. So I saved the text and will post em:

N-Bench Ver 3.1 Results File
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Info]
2005/01/03 12:53:40
[System]
Processor Type Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
Processor Speed 3.380 GHz
Free Memory 591292 KB
Total Memory 1047764 KB
Display Adapter ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700
Free VRAM 121812 KB
Operating System Windows XP 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX Version DirectX 9
[Extensions]
MMX Yes
SSE Yes
SSE2 Yes
3DNow! No
Enhanced 3DNow! No
3DNow! Professional No
[Options]
<Benchmark Options>
Continuous Loop No
BGM Enable No
Protect Mode No
Challenge Mode No
3D Benchmark Tests Yes
CPU Benchmark Tests Yes
<Benchmark Tests>
Integer 1 (Landscape) Yes
Integer 2 (Mandelbrot) Yes
Float 1 (Flock) Yes
Float 2 (Rigid Body) Yes
Ninja 1 Yes
Ninja 2 Yes
Grand Touring Yes
Star Fighter Yes
[CPU Benchmark Score]
<Integer 1 (Landscape)>
N-Bench Score 2711 Marks
FPS Average n/a
Total Polygon Count n/a
Total Texture Size n/a
<Integer 2 (Mandelbrot)>
N-Bench Score 1631 Marks
FPS Average n/a
Total Polygon Count n/a
Total Texture Size n/a
<Float 1 (Flock)>
N-Bench Score 2184 Marks
FPS Average n/a
Total Polygon Count n/a
Total Texture Size n/a
<Float 2 (Rigid Body)>
N-Bench Score 1936 Marks
FPS Average n/a
Total Polygon Count n/a
Total Texture Size n/a
<CPU Overall>
N-Bench Score 2115 Marks
FPS Average n/a
[3D Benchmark Score]
<Ninja 1>
N-Bench Score 2529 Marks
FPS Average 34.80 FPS
Total Polygon Count 30088 Counts
Total Texture Size 18.4 MB
<Ninja 2>
N-Bench Score 2437 Marks
FPS Average 42.82 FPS
Total Polygon Count 46254 Counts
Total Texture Size 21.9 MB
<Grand Touring>
N-Bench Score 1589 Marks
FPS Average 23.76 FPS
Total Polygon Count 86274 Counts
Total Texture Size 16.8 MB
<Star Fighter>
N-Bench Score 2457 Marks
FPS Average 120.62 FPS
Total Polygon Count 99502 Counts
Total Texture Size 29.6 MB
<3D Overall>
N-Bench Score 2253 Marks
FPS Average 55.50 FPS
[Overall Score]
N-Bench Score 2184 Marks
FPS Average 55.50 FPS

OUTLAWS Tip
01-03-2005, 07:10 PM
:cool:
I love my pc and know I will love my new one even more. Thanks for the info. That is right about the time I should have some pc upgrade cash.
:D

the date should be valentines day;) price cuts along the a64 line:thumbs:

Akiakaiu
01-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I thought I'd check out my workstation and see how I compare to the gaming rigs. ^^

ME BIGGD01
01-03-2005, 10:49 PM
I thought I'd check out my workstation and see how I compare to the gaming rigs. ^^
tell me if i am wrong but do you do alot of cad work with that machine and if so what programs?

Bingo
01-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Here's mine.

Interesting how close mine is to HPC's rig, who has a step-up chip, and Grimmy who has a stepdown.

B

Akiakaiu
01-04-2005, 03:16 AM
tell me if i am wrong but do you do alot of cad work with that machine and if so what programs?

I do some work at home on this machine, most I do in the office. Right now I'm using AutoCad 2004 and Solid Works 2004. But my work pc sucks so when I have big drawings it's easier/faster to work on my home pc.

Fragetti
01-04-2005, 03:26 AM
Well I did a little playing around and here's what I got.

first test DL and ran with old ATI drivers and got a
N-Bench Score 2555 Marks
FPS Average 67.44 FPS

I installed updated drivers and got
N-Bench Score 2724 Marks
FPS Average 74.28 FPS

So then I desided to play with the FSB bumping it 5 at a time till a got to 220
with little or no temp increase maintaining 33/c
I and can probably keep going :D not sure if these facts are true but seeing is blieveing. Bigg's Your thought's

N-Bench Score 3138 Marks
FPS Average 86.04 FPS

Amd64 3200+ Asus K8V Deluxe 1 gig ddr400

Bong *
01-04-2005, 05:37 AM
Nice score dude:thumbs: What are your complete specs? I see you are oc'ing and wondering what board you have and what do you have it running at 11x?

where are the p4 scores????????????????????????????

i Just ran the benchmark with new Ati drivers and added 30 points to the 3d score

CPU is set at 11 x 216 .. is nice and stable and with good temp's

System Specs
Athlon 64 3500+ @ 3800+ skt 939
Abit AV8 3rd Eye Mobo
1 gig TwinX Corsair XMS Pro LL
WD Raptor 37 gig sata
Maxtor +10 160 gig sata
Lite On 16x dual layer DVDR
ATI 9800 Pro 256 Mb

Laptop Specs
P4M 3.06 Ghz
512Mb DDR Ram
60 Gig HD
Geforce FX 5600 128mb

here's a P4 score from my laptop

http://tinypic.com/1614sx

Slice
01-04-2005, 05:47 AM
I would not compare anything Intel using this test. I read up on it and it gives false readings if you are not using an AMD processor!

BobtheCkroach
01-04-2005, 06:22 AM
Here's my system specs prior to test and my results.

ME BIGGD01
01-04-2005, 06:33 AM
I would not compare anything Intel using this test. I read up on it and it gives false readings if you are not using an AMD processor!
thanks, i didnt know that but don't put it past any company.

ME BIGGD01
01-04-2005, 06:34 AM
Here's my system specs prior to test and my results.
bob, you have a great system but bad video card that hinders the power a tad. all in all i have one of those 3200s also and it is a great chip with 1MB l2.:thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
01-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Really? You think the vid card is holding me back? What do you recommend (not that I can get it, what w/ college being $600 a month, but I can dream...)?

Incidently, my CPU only has 512k of L2, at least according to NewEgg...here's hopin' they're wrong, though! :thumbs:

Thanx for the input BIGG - I'd definitely agree - the 3 months that I've had the new CPU and board have been fantastic. I've really been pleased.

He Is Legend
01-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Really? You think the vid card is holding me back? What do you recommend (not that I can get it, what w/ college being $600 a month, but I can dream...)?

Incidently, my CPU only has 512k of L2, at least according to NewEgg...here's hopin' they're wrong, though! :thumbs:

Thanx for the input BIGG - I'd definitely agree - the 3 months that I've had the new CPU and board have been fantastic. I've really been pleased.

How much are you willing to spend for a Vid card..

The 6800GT's are becoming quite the popular ones..

I think the 6800GT is the way to go for your system..pretty cheap too

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-133-116&depa=0

BobtheCkroach
01-04-2005, 08:58 AM
How much are you willing to spend for a Vid card..

The 6800GT's are becoming quite the popular ones..

I think the 6800GT is the way to go for your system..pretty cheap too

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-133-116&depa=0

Oh, you're the funny one, Chaotic...i'd love to have that card, but I'd have to drop out of college to afford it...maybe if I get the internship I'm applying for, by the summer I could afford it...maybe...

He Is Legend
01-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Oh, you're the funny one, Chaotic...i'd love to have that card, but I'd have to drop out of college to afford it...maybe if I get the internship I'm applying for, by the summer I could afford it...maybe...

hehe :p just a example of what you should get

Ya that would be hella tite if you got that though, im a ATI fan, but not many people like ATI as much as me

your card will do until whatever :p

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
01-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, I ran the test, and this is what I got (Pentium M = Celeron):

http://img110.exs.cx/img110/960/celeron5cr.jpg

Edit: I think Slice is right, this program doesn't seem to display results for Intel chips correctly. There is no way I should've beaten Chaotic's score; he has a faster processer and a much faster graphics card.

By the way, I'm thinking about upgrading this summer. I'm going to hold off because I want the price of SLI motherboards to go down some (right now only Asus has an SLI motherboard out to my knowledge, and they are charging an outrageous price ~$275). I'm going to buy a single SLI 6800 GT initially, and then about two years down the road, I'm going to buy a second 6800 GT and run them in SLI. I think that a single 6800 GT this year is more than enough to run games at 1280 x 1024 resolution (you can use a SLI motherboard with only one card), and hopefully that plan will give me longer life out of my upgrade money.

ME BIGGD01
01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
well, i think that it is possible you could score higher because of your speed step settings on your p-m cpu. it will increase speed if needed. intel has a great cpu in the mobile line and they will actually be using this technology in the p5 line. that p3 core was the best.:thumbs:

i will try to run this test on a p4 or xeon system when i get a chance.

He Is Legend
01-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Well, I ran the test, and this is what I got (Pentium M = Celeron):

http://img110.exs.cx/img110/960/celeron5cr.jpg

Edit: I think Slice is right, this program doesn't seem to display results for Intel chips correctly. There is no way I should've beaten Chaotic's score; he has a faster processer and a much faster graphics card.

By the way, I'm thinking about upgrading this summer. I'm going to hold off because I want the price of SLI motherboards to go down some (right now only Asus has an SLI motherboard out to my knowledge, and they are charging an outrageous price ~$275). I'm going to buy a single SLI 6800 GT initially, and then about two years down the road, I'm going to buy a second 6800 GT and run them in SLI. I think that a single 6800 GT this year is more than enough to run games at 1280 x 1024 resolution (you can use a SLI motherboard with only one card), and hopefully that plan will give me longer life out of my upgrade money.

Very good choice, think of going with "AMD64 ;)"

and i hate 1280x1024 on games that take skill to play :/

To big....1024x768 is nice for sam,doom,half life

but if you want to impress 1600x1200 is the way to go...or 1280x1024 hehehe

Slice
01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
well, i think that it is possible you could score higher because of your speed step settings on your p-m cpu. it will increase speed if needed. intel has a great cpu in the mobile line and they will actually be using this technology in the p5 line. that p3 core was the best.:thumbs:

i will try to run this test on a p4 or xeon system when i get a chance.
I am really looking forward to the dual core chips that Intel will be changing to this year. While the hyperthreading technology fools the operating system in to thinking there is 2 processors it really doesn't do much as far as the multitasking goes. It truely is bottlenecked in that sense.

ME BIGGD01
01-04-2005, 09:13 PM
I am really looking forward to the dual core chips that Intel will be changing to this year. While the hyperthreading technology fools the operating system in to thinking there is 2 processors it really doesn't do much as far as the multitasking goes. It truely is bottlenecked in that sense.
actually, you wont see this from intel until 2006 if all goes well. you can also only expect it to be on the xeon range of chips. the only 64 bit chips intel has is on their xeon chips also and they still need to re do that because they didnt put all the extensions in. amd will have their dual chips out by 2nd half (maybe 3rd to be realistic)of 2005. they have the work already done because they designed the a64 chips with support for dual cores. here intel is in trouble because they are in the need for a whole new cpu. the already cancelled some of their plans because of the high heat and bad performance of the chips. their current prescott is actually too hot and requires too much power and thats why they are actually redesigning the p3 core or the pentium m chip which by far is a great design. their pm design actually has alot of features like the amd 64 as far as performance but the complete architecture of the amd64 series is abit better with the integrated controller. things are actually getting better with the amd64 cores as they have started tweaking and shrinking the die size. rumors have it that another stepping is coming out that will increase peformance even more on the athlon 64 line along with even lower voltage. it seems intel has gone backwards here but if amd sits on it's goldmine, it will be no time before intel has a new chip that will maybe be better again.

Goober
01-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Here's mine.....I'm tickled to see that I am hanging with some of the lower end 64's

ME BIGGD01
01-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Here's mine.....I'm tickled to see that I am hanging with some of the lower end 64's
it's about time goober. we were waiting for your results:P

Slice
01-05-2005, 12:03 AM
actually, you wont see this from intel until 2006 if all goes well. you can also only expect it to be on the xeon range of chips. the only 64 bit chips intel has is on their xeon chips also and they still need to re do that because they didnt put all the extensions in. amd will have their dual chips out by 2nd half (maybe 3rd to be realistic)of 2005. they have the work already done because they designed the a64 chips with support for dual cores. here intel is in trouble because they are in the need for a whole new cpu. the already cancelled some of their plans because of the high heat and bad performance of the chips. their current prescott is actually too hot and requires too much power and thats why they are actually redesigning the p3 core or the pentium m chip which by far is a great design. their pm design actually has alot of features like the amd 64 as far as performance but the complete architecture of the amd64 series is abit better with the integrated controller. things are actually getting better with the amd64 cores as they have started tweaking and shrinking the die size. rumors have it that another stepping is coming out that will increase peformance even more on the athlon 64 line along with even lower voltage. it seems intel has gone backwards here but if amd sits on it's goldmine, it will be no time before intel has a new chip that will maybe be better again.
From what I understand they are actually planning on releasing them later this year as they had already begun perfecting the technology but wasn't originaly going to release them until like 2008 or something. I think that they will actually be forced to get them on the market asap.