PDA

View Full Version : nice board great price

mod
01-04-2005, 04:31 AM
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 w/ DualDDR400, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, PCI-E x16

Product Info:
Equipped with the latest architecture, the K8NF-9 delivers blistering performance and represents the best solution for AMD platform. Accompanied with the innovative designs of AMD64 technology, the advanced NVIDIA nForce4 Media and Communication Processors (MCPS) contributes to functionality and stability of this platform. The brand new PCI-Express interface provides scalable bandwidth for high performance graphics cards and new generation I/O peripheral devices as well. Serial ATA interface enhances storage performance. The high speed Gigabit Ethernet interface delivers the efficient broadband connection to the internet. Features such as 8-channel audio and IEEE 1394 FireWire also ensure the enjoyment of multi-media application. Finally, NVIDIA Firewall and Norton Internet Security software is included for security protection. With such an array of leading technology and Gigabyte's unique features, users are sure to get the most value from the GA-K8NF-9.

Features:
- AMD AthlonTM64 FX / AthlonTM64 Processor
- PCI Express Interface
- Superior Dual channel DDR400 Architecture
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection
- NVIDIA Firewall Support
- Serial ATA with RAID 0,1,0+1 function
- Industry's first IEEE1394b motherboard
- 8-Channel Audio

Specifications:
CPU:
- Socket 939 for AMD AlthlonTM 64 / 64FX processor (K8)
- 1600MHz system bus

Chipset: nVIDIAŽ nForce4-4X Chipset
Memory:
- 4 DDR DIMM memory slots (supports up to 4GB memory) (Note 1)
- Supports dual channel DDR 400/333/266/200 DIMM

IDE Connections:
- 2 IDE connection (UDMA 33/ATA 66/ATA 100/ATA 133), allows connection of 4 IDE devices
FDD Connections:
- 1 FDD connection, allows connection of 2 FDD devices
Onboard SATA RAID:
- Onboard nForce4-4X chipset (S_ATA0_SB, S_ATA1_SB, S_ATA2_SB, S_ATA3_SB)
- supports data striping (RAID 0) or mirroring (RAID 1) function or striping + mirroring (RAID 0+1)
- supports data transfer rate of up to 150 MB/s
- supports hot plugging function
- supports a maximum of 4 SATA connections

Onboard LAN:
- VITESSE 8201 phy (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 RJ 45 port

Onboard Audio:
- ALC850 CODEC
- Supports Jack Sensing function
- Supports 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 channel audio
- Supports Line In ; Line Out (Front Speaker Out) ; MIC ; Surround Speaker Out (Rear Speaker Out) ; Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out ; Side Speaker
Out connection
- SPDIF In/Out connection
- CD In connection

Peripherals:
- 1 parallel port supporting Normal/EPP/ECP mode
- 1 serial port (COMA)
- 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (rear x 4, front x 6 via cable)
- 3 IEEE1394b ports (requires cable)
- 1 front audio connector
- 1 IR/CIR connector
- 1 PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 PS/2 mouse port

Slots:
- 1 PCI Express x 16 slot
- 2 PCI Express x 1 slots
- 3 PCI slots

Form Factor: ATX form factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm

were selling this board for 159 canadian pretty sweet if your into getting into a pci express vid card and dont want to shell out the cash for a sli board
the techs seem to like it so far .
we have sold 6 ..

mod*

ME BIGGD01
01-04-2005, 05:13 AM
how much? i am currently running the new asus sli board and it's pretty smooth. it was expensive considering i had it the first week it was out and they are still pretty hard to get. as far as performance, it is the same with the a8v without the sata2 and a few other goodies.

He Is Legend
01-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Wow dude

Nice for you peeps that dont have pci express

<--

mod
01-04-2005, 06:36 AM
how much? i am currently running the new asus sli board and it's pretty smooth. it was expensive considering i had it the first week it was out and they are still pretty hard to get. as far as performance, it is the same with the a8v without the sata2 and a few other goodies.

im still waiting to see the benchmarks we build so many systems its hard to get a 1 on 1 comparison bigg
seeems like a good board for a 100 bucks lower than the asus ..

mod*

ME BIGGD01
01-04-2005, 06:44 AM
actually it's pretty high priced i think. it does not support the sli which is 2x pcixpress 16x for 2 pcixpress cards. i still think the a8v is a great board for people who have a good video card agp. gigabyte makes me nervous on their forst revisions worst then asus because they usually have a major bug such as their first athlon 64 board 754. i have this board and although the system was fast, i had many problems with stability in 3d games because the cheap capacitors they used.