PDA

View Full Version : Old Mate Lagggg

picard
01-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Damm, i know this topic has been talked about hundreds of times, but its getting really bad now. Is it just me or is every server laggy. Some of the servers that i used to be able to play in with little or no lagg are so bad now that its almost in slow motion. At first i thought it was because i host the Villains website and forum, but I have turned the server off for a short while and made sure my pc was the only one connected to the net and I still get the worse lagg ever. Is there something wrong with the main servers we all hook into to run our samservers? Man it is frustrating, i cannot get a good game, thing is, it seems as if no one else is struggling. What the hell is going on Sam was never this laggy. I have joined servers with a damm good ping of 120 - 170 and still stop motion lagg, i know this sound funny but it doesn't even feel or act like lagg. The best way to describe it is like; the old movies where the action is clicky, but in a more drastic fashion. Its almost like it pulses, for 1 second its ok, then, one second ive stoped, then one second im ok...its mad.

Anyone else suffering?

Die Hard
01-04-2005, 09:26 AM
It's fine Kev, your just crap...:rofl:

Die Hard
01-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Weird??!!

Die Hard
01-04-2005, 11:23 AM
It's a lot worse for me too this last month or so but it is still playable.

Hugs, you were in great from yesterday. Kicking my ass all over the place!!

Die Hard
01-04-2005, 12:20 PM
LOL, I laugh my nuts off when the lag makes you kill yourself.

Yes, yesterday in that one game you were awesome with the rocket. Everytime I came near you, you took me out. You were mean!!

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
01-04-2005, 12:30 PM
the lag is one of the causes that make me stop playing sam se... :(

BOA
01-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Damm, i know this topic has been talked about hundreds of times, but its getting really bad now. Is it just me or is every server laggy. Some of the servers that i used to be able to play in with little or no lagg are so bad now that its almost in slow motion. At first i thought it was because i host the Villains website and forum, but I have turned the server off for a short while and made sure my pc was the only one connected to the net and I still get the worse lagg ever. Is there something wrong with the main servers we all hook into to run our samservers? Man it is frustrating, i cannot get a good game, thing is, it seems as if no one else is struggling. What the hell is going on Sam was never this laggy. I have joined servers with a damm good ping of 120 - 170 and still stop motion lagg, i know this sound funny but it doesn't even feel or act like lagg. The best way to describe it is like; the old movies where the action is clicky, but in a more drastic fashion. Its almost like it pulses, for 1 second its ok, then, one second ive stoped, then one second im ok...its mad.

Anyone else suffering?

Hi Picard. :)
I have noticed some things about lag. If a player dont respawn, (laying dead), it will give ( can only judge for my self) the rest of the players very bad lag, no matter how good your ping might be.(kick him).
Players with slow connections, like dial up, is also, as i see it, causing lag.
Conclusion: You have no garanti, even with a good connection and a good ping, that the game will run smothly. I dont experience it as a new problem, it has been a problem ever since i start to play SS.

:) Hope to meet you in a lag game. :)

DiTomasso
01-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi Picard. :)
I dont experience it as a new problem, it has been a problem ever since i start to play SS.

:) Hope to meet you in a lag game. :)There is the answer, stop playing BOA. So we have lag free servers :D

Experiencing the same problems especially visiting UK servers ( even in Villains Uk servers), have the netgraph screen up again and there are some really bad spikes or fluctuations in the green.

On outlaws no real problems besides the higher ping. My own server still feels playing as if i am drunk.

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
01-05-2005, 12:03 AM
You are right, the lag is getting impossible lately, I shoot players and they don't fall, if they do, they still live and shoot me back and I am dead, even on my server. I think (as I said before) SS2 will be out in 2006 or maybe never. Croteam is just not competent enough to finish the game. They didn't even finish SS Se and they moved on to SS2. I think if this lag will increase we won't see each other in the game, only on Gamemecca.:(

Catalyst
01-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Yea man, something going wierd with all the SS:SE servers as of late :eek: :down: :(

BOA
01-06-2005, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=DiTomasso]There is the answer, stop playing BOA. So we have lag free servers :D

:funny:

Sorry guys my fault. :rolleyes: