PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft anti-spyware tool

Twin])I2agon
01-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Microsoft on Thursday introduced a beta version of its Windows AntiSpyware application, making the software available for download via the company's Web site.

The product is designed to help protect users of Windows products from spyware--software that's secretly installed on people's computers for a variety of purposes, such as bombarding them with pop-ups and tracking their Internet usage. The company claims the anti-spyware tools will help people keep their computers running faster and with fewer Web-related glitches.

So its still beta but seems to work good ... i think this will replace ad-aware and spybot s&d. Heres a dowload link...

Direct Download ( 6.3 Mb ) ( copy and paste the url .. otherwise it wont work )

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/software/online-sicherheit/microsoft_antispyware/?url=988

Caged Anger
01-06-2005, 07:09 PM
naw, those 2 will always be the best. I doubt microsoft will ever come up with something as good as the originals...

Twin])I2agon
01-06-2005, 07:25 PM
hmm how can you tell ? an anti spyware tool isnt that complex so it can easily be at least as good as these imho

OUTLAWS Tip
01-06-2005, 07:26 PM
thx for the link. I think I'll give it a spin.
:thumbs:

Microsoft download page in English (http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx)

:D :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Microsoft Buisness Strategery

1) put out software with existing problems, but call them "features"
2) sell tool to fix problem
3) put out....

<<Hybrid>>
01-06-2005, 07:46 PM
business

OUTLAWS Tip
01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Made sure Ad-Aware and Spybot were updated and ran both. Cleaned up a bit of stuff.
Ran the Microsoft program and it found two trojans and found a total of 8 items to remove.

Can't hurt adding this one to the list of programs to clean up my pc.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
01-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Made sure Ad-Aware and Spybot were updated and ran both. Cleaned up a bit of stuff.
Ran the Microsoft program and it found two trojans and found a total of 8 items to remove.

Can't hurt adding this one to the list of programs to clean up my pc.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

I had similar result after running the other two porgrams if found 3 more items that need to be deleted...however i still reserve judgement so im testing on my work pc first

Caged Anger
01-09-2005, 12:25 AM
)I2agon']hmm how can you tell ? an anti spyware tool isnt that complex so it can easily be at least as good as these imho

I say it for many reasons:

A) Microsoft is already overtaxed trying to put out Longhorn
B) Microsoft is still trying to clean up the mess it made with SP2
C) Spybot S&D and AdAware already have been making and tracking problems for a long time and know how to do it effectively
D) Microsoft has to catch up while being overtaxed, overextended, and run by Bill gates, lol

Mad Fox
01-09-2005, 01:36 AM
I say it for many reasons:

A) Microsoft is already overtaxed trying to put out Longhorn
B) Microsoft is still trying to clean up the mess it made with SP2
C) Spybot S&D and AdAware already have been making and tracking problems for a long time and know how to do it effectively
D) Microsoft has to catch up while being overtaxed, overextended, and run by Bill gates, lol

Hey youy cut bill some slack he has to count his billions every night

mod
01-09-2005, 03:17 AM
thx for the link. I think I'll give it a spin.
:thumbs:

Microsoft download page in English (http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx)

:D :thumbs:

hehe rofl

DiTomasso
01-09-2005, 01:28 PM
First run spybot search >>> clean

second run Spysweeper >>>> 2 hits

third run microsoft beta >>>>> 2 more

Liked the extra tools.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-09-2005, 02:10 PM
It's worth downloading, thank you for posting it.