PDA

View Full Version : EdoGs Pics for '04 Superbowl

EdoG
01-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Feel free to post your opinion / predictions.

Redo!!!

NFC: ATL Falcons
AFC: Indianapolis Colts or New York Jets

He Is Legend
01-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Colts all the way

BobtheCkroach
01-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Well...1/2 of EdoG's just went up in smoke...

Mine would be...

NFC Champs: Eagles
AFC Champs: Steelers

National Champs: Eagles

ClayBellinger
01-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Here are my predictions for this weekend.

JETS v. STEELERS: I love the AFC teams. It's one of those "One of these Teams is Not Like the Other" situations. I think the Jets have a chance if everyone plays perfectly and Curtis Martin can get going. Unfortunately, the Steelers are less likely to make the mistakes that the Chargers did and Roethlisberger is scarier than Brees. Steelers 31, Jets 14.

COLTS v. PATRIOTS: Is this finally the year that Peyton gets past those pesky Pats? I'm saying...no. The Colts have shown that they can bludgeon mediocre teams, but their defense is still spotty. Indianapolis will play on the Pats' turf against a far stronger team. Patriots 28, Colts 20.

VIKINGS v. EAGLES: Are the Eagles are least scary Number One seed in recent memory? The T.O.-less Birds are still strong, but the Vikings are the weirdest team. They can get schooled by teams like the Giants and Redskins and then whip the Packers without breaking a sweat. And if I were Randy Moss, I would not moon the crowd in Philly. I'm calling an upset. Vikings 26, Eagles 21.

RAMS v. FALCONS: The Michael Vick Experience against the remnants of the Greatest Show on Turf! The Falcons are a pleasantly simple team: You stop Vick or you don't. The Rams on the other hand are filled with oddities--who exactly is their best player backing up Bulger? Torey "Big Game" Holt? Marshall "Paleontologist" Faulk? Will Mike Martz use up all his timeouts before the kickoff? This could go either way, but I'll say... Falcons 24, Rams 17.

ME BIGGD01
01-12-2005, 01:58 PM
atlanta-jets:thumbs:

Death Engineer
01-12-2005, 04:37 PM
I thought I was gonna see Janet in here. For the record, picks != pics. :P

FUS1ON
01-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Divisional Playoffs
NYJ vs Pit winner Pit
Ind vs NwE winner Ind
StL vs Atl winner Atl
Min vs Phi winner Min

Conference Championships
Pit vs Ind winner Pit
Min vs Atl winner Min

Super Bowl
Pit vs Min winner Pit

Thundarr
01-14-2005, 02:55 AM
Divisional Playoffs
NYJ vs Pit winner Pit
Ind vs NwE winner Ind
StL vs Atl winner Atl
Min vs Phi winner Min

Conference Championships
Pit vs Ind winner Pit
Min vs Atl winner Min

Super Bowl
Pit vs Min winner Pit

I like those picks!! But I want to have Min win it in the end... $10,000 fine for Moss' antics last Sunday, BTW... What a fool! Love the team and I think he's good, but the attitude has to go! :(

Mr Clean
01-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Here is how it will play out:

Minnesota will beat Philadelphia, but Randy Moss will take his end zone celebration a step further and actually bare his rear before rubbing it on the goal post. Because of the cold he will become stuck to the post (like sticking your tongue on a cold pole) and not be able to remove himself until the spring thaw. He will not freeze to death because his bushy mane will continue to grow until it covers him like Cousin It, keeping him warm. He will miss the rest of the playoffs.

Pittsburgh will beat the Jets, but Bill Cower will get so excited midday through the first half that his head explodes. Jerome Bettis will take over as interim coach until the Steelers can lure Chuck Noll out of retirement. Chad Pennington will retire from football and realize his lifelong dream by starting his own chain of International House of Pancakes restaurants. Ben Roethlisberger will marry Jennifer Lopez at the beginning of the second quarter, and the couple will announce their seperation and impending divorce at a post-game news conference.

St Louis beats the Falcons. Marc Bulger throws for over 500 yards, and the Rams set a postseason record by turning the ball over 126 times. Mike Vick plays an incredible game but the Falcons lose the game because they realize that, well, they are the Atlanta Falcons. Warrick Dunn announces that he will start taking steriods, and the NY Yankees sign him to a multi-year deal.

In a game that goes to overtime, the Patriots beat the Colts on a last second field goal by Tom Brady, filling in for Adam Vinitieri, who became entrapped in that net that kickers warm up with. Bill Belichick becomes even more enamoured with himself and decides to marry himself. Iowa immediately places an amendment to their state constitution on the ballot to ban same-person unions. Peyton Manning throws 7 TD passes and sets a NFL record by pretending to call an audible on every play of the game. Marvin Harrison retires to join the Bob and Tom show.

Bank on it people.

FUS1ON
01-14-2005, 03:57 PM
:funny: Man you have some imagination! :D

FUS1ON
01-16-2005, 01:44 AM
I like those picks!! But I want to have Min win it in the end...

Me too really but tell anyone, i'm doing my "reverse jinxology" again. It worked last week on them Cheeseheads. :D

Thundarr
01-16-2005, 03:55 AM
Me too really but tell anyone, i'm doing my "reverse jinxology" again. It worked last week on them Cheeseheads. :D

OK, I'm on it!!! :cool: