PDA

View Full Version : New GTA Game for PSP

SALvation
01-10-2005, 02:24 PM
This might help sell a PSP or two...

Rockstar Games Announces PSP(TM) Handheld Entertainment System Lineup

A new Grand Theft Auto title and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition available this spring

New York, NY - January 10, 2005 - Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing
label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and a brand new iteration of Grand Theft Auto for the
highly anticipated PSP(TM) handheld system. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and the
new Grand Theft Auto title, which will be set in Liberty City, are being developed
by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with Rockstar San Diego and Rockstar North,
respectively. Both titles are expected to be available near the launch of the PSP
handheld system in North America and Europe.

"Bringing two of our most successful game franchises to this thrilling new platform
not only gives us an opportunity to create a new dimension for these already
extraordinary series but also allows us to begin to explore the full potential of
the PSP handheld system," said Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Sony's
extremely impressive technology has allowed Rockstar Leeds to do more on a handheld
machine than we could have ever imagined. We are very excited for gamers to
experience these two genre-defining franchises in a fashion that could have never
before been possible on a portable system."

"We are working very closely with Rockstar North and Rockstar San Diego to ensure
that both Grand Theft Auto and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition remain faithful to the
initial vision of these respective franchises," said Gordon Hall, President of
Rockstar Leeds. "We understand that gamers' expectations will be very high for new
PSP handheld system titles and we are confident that we can deliver exhilarating
experiences that will set the standard for what a PSP game can be with Midnight Club
3: DUB Edition and our new Grand Theft Auto title."

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition has previously been announced for the PlayStation(R)2
computer entertainment system and Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft.

About Sony Computer Entertainment America
Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America
markets the PlayStation(R) game console and develops, publishes, markets and
distributes software for the PlayStation game console and the PlayStation(R)2
computer entertainment system for the North American market. Based in Foster City,
Calif., Sony Computer Entertainment America serves as headquarters for all North
American operations and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment
Inc.

About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated
global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment
software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation(R) game console,
PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, PSP(TM) handheld entertainment
system, Xbox(R), Nintendo GameCube(TM) and Game Boy(R) Advance. The Company
publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and
Global Star Software; and distributes products in North America through its Jack of
All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories
in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary.
The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto,
London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands) and
Auckland. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol
TTWO.

Warhead
01-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Makes me wonder if it's just going to be a PSP version of GTA3. I'm not even halfway through San Andreas yet, so I'll be in no rush to run out and buy this, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for reviews, in case I ever have however many dollars the PSP costs just lying around. :)

SALvation
01-10-2005, 06:22 PM
The press release says it will be a NEW GTA game.

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Makes me wonder if it's just going to be a PSP version of GTA3. I'm not even halfway through San Andreas yet, so I'll be in no rush to run out and buy this, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for reviews, in case I ever have however many dollars the PSP costs just lying around. :)

San Andreas Completed..........