PDA

View Full Version : The page cannot be displayed

FUS1ON
01-16-2005, 10:35 PM
The forum sure is loading pages slow today or either I get the "The page cannot be displayed" page. :(

Mr Clean
01-16-2005, 10:47 PM
The forum sure is loading pages slow today or either I get the "The page cannot be displayed" page. :(

Hmmm I had a prob earlier, rebooted and ran Ad-Aware and I am fine now...wonder if there is a new spyware out causing PCs to slow down....

FUS1ON
01-16-2005, 11:18 PM
I had run a trace route to GM and didn't see anything strange, anywyas it's 45 minutes or so later, it seems to be ok now.
/shrug

Die Hard
01-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Theres been probs on here for a while now....

SALvation
01-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Last time I asked our host and they couldn't find anything. Next time a page doesn't load, send me any traceroutes, pings, or screenshots so I can show them.

FUS1ON
01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Will do

Slice
01-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Just happened to me after I just posted a long ass response to a thread too. Then I hit the page back and of course it was gone. Now I am not even going to bother retyping it. Your host should have a log file that will show all failed requests and the reason why. I know that on my business websites I can check to see all failed requests on my log files.

JIMINATOR
01-18-2005, 03:31 AM
if that happens, you can risk hitting "page back", and the form will have your data if you do it within some unknown "safe" period of time, but the better option is to hit refresh, and it will automatically resubmit your data. I think though even "page back" to a blank form, you can immediately "page forward" without losing data.

Slice
01-18-2005, 03:53 AM
if that happens, you can risk hitting "page back", and the form will have your data if you do it within some unknown "safe" period of time, but the better option is to hit refresh, and it will automatically resubmit your data. I think though even "page back" to a blank form, you can immediately "page forward" without losing data.
True sometimes but not usually with forums. You can do it more so with online form fields that you fill out. Actually now that I think about it I hit the refresh button and then an error came up from the forums itself saying you have followed an untraceable link or somthing tike that.

SALvation
01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I just sent more complaints to our host.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Thank you Sal. :)