PDA

View Full Version : Attention, GM Members-

ME BIGGD01
01-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Hello to all and with that I will get to the point of the thread. I am looking to get some tournaments going once again like I use to do in the past. I would like to make some changes that will make it even more fun. I would like these to start mid February the latest and have it run for about 2-3 weeks and then weekly.

Now to get this done, I need to know what games people want to play.

For starters we know Serious Sam is one of them along with UT. Will there be physical prizes? The answer is no but I would like to maybe get this forum back to being a gaming forum and with that have someone create a tag or icon that shows that this person (who won the event) is the champion of GM until he/she loses their title. Consider it like the GM belt/title until they lose it in the next tournament. I would like to have this also for team/clan matches and all those in the clan will have the little icon which is the title holder for the particular game in their sig with team matches. Why do this? Well I think that it should be fun and give you something to entertain with. All in all it should be fun but will require participation of all gm members and clans. The beauty of it also is you can win a title without being in a clan and that title will be yours until you lose it in future matches which I would like to run consistently weekly. Since there are more games out there today that only a few people play and some that have not picked up the game yet such as COD or anything else, I think it would be good to run these also to get others back into the gaming atmosphere rather just popping up bored.

I have PM’d Slice and he will be helping out on the server end among other things. We will have to discuss this further to see how it will take place and see who will be interested in participating. I do feel this stuff is positive for the forum and it gives you the old feeling back when everyone part of GM was competing for themselves or their clan.

Anyway, there is no doubt this takes time to put together but the more people that are willing to help is great (just pm me) and the more people that are willing to play will make the games exciting.

I ask those that are interested to please post in this thread with suggestions of games and rules and what ever they would like to see. I will read every one of them to make this event the best that we have had in the past. I hope people from other forums come in to participate also because the more the merrier. I do ask that they have an account here at GM to consider competing because it would only be fair to GM with full respect.

It would be great to see the game taunting that use to go on and encourage this to provoke the competition. Nothing wrong with the cocky smack talk among the contenders. It is all meant for fun as long as we remember that and that it's just a game.

Ok, please start posting and tell us what you would like.

Thanks ME BIGGD01

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Mr. Clean will provide physical prizes.

Games: SSSE (I would prefer SSFE, but I'd be alone on the map)
Doom 3
Unreal Tournament 2004
Painkiller

ME BIGGD01
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
we can do all maps where you could be title owner of that map until someone beats you in it.

Fragetti
01-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Sounds good to me Bigg's
I will offer the DS server for UT and a Quake server if thats a game we dicide to play

UT2K4 TDM/DM/ONS/CTF
Quake III Arena DM/instagib

SALvation
01-19-2005, 04:49 PM
I could provide a tag like the "Administrator" and "Mecca Pass" tags you see at the bottom of some avatars like mine. That way everyone would know who was the current champ(s).

Die Hard
01-19-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm in for Sam and we can provide servers for Sam and UT if needed :thumbs:

He Is Legend
01-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Unreal Tournament 2004
Call of Duty
Serious Sam:The Second Encounter
Half-Life 2 Dm
Quake 3
Counter Strike
Counter Strike-Condition Zero
Counter Strike-Source

EXEcution
01-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Pretty much everything Chao said, except cs, suz no one plays that on gm.

SALvation
01-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I would definitely like to see HL2DM. :)

He Is Legend
01-19-2005, 07:10 PM
I would definitely like to see HL2DM. :)

yesh!

Slice
01-19-2005, 09:43 PM
We can do the HL2DM and the CoD on our box. But it will definately have to be mid Feb sometime because I am super busy at work right now and by then I should have my new high speed cable installed with 4mbs down and 1mbs up :) So I can own all of jooo. :P

Bingo
01-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Clearly we need a Parappa the Rappa server. nod nod

Bingo

Asian Invasian
01-20-2005, 03:09 AM
Im in although i only play serious sam :P Id better get practicing too though, must be dd..... must beat dd....... must beat dd.....................

Mr Clean
01-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Mr. Clean will provide physical prizes.

Games: SSSE (I would prefer SSFE, but I'd be alone on the map)
Doom 3
Unreal Tournament 2004
Painkiller
ROFL When I read that first line, I thought I was gonna have to dress up like Little Bo Peep or something....:P

PJ'l_Master
01-20-2005, 04:34 AM
Definatley need a COD:UO Server on there

(great idea Biggs)