PDA

View Full Version : What console are you more interested in

ME BIGGD01
01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
I am curious to know what console you are considering purchasing or which one to you looks like the better piece of hardware.

XBOX2
Playstation3
Stick to pc

SALvation
01-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I'll be where the best RPGs are at, and for the last 2 generations, its been Sony. It seems like most Xbox games in this generation were shooters or sports and neither really interest me on consoles.

Die Hard
01-21-2005, 03:25 PM
I took the both option. It's been a while since I bought a console so I'll give at least one of them a try. PC still rules though, for the moment.

MR. SLiK
01-21-2005, 07:40 PM
PC and Nintendo Revolution.

Warhead
01-21-2005, 08:01 PM
PlayStations have been serving my console needs for years now, and I am loathed to support anything produced my Microsoft - so PS3 for me. :)

Gun Element
01-22-2005, 06:15 AM
I did an essay on which console will be better in different ways. The PS3 looks way more intimidating than the Xenon by far. I mean blue ray? The Cell? psh thats just so cool the way it sounds :P.

Anyway the stats, looks and appeal on the PS3 makes it my vote *thumbs*

burnthewitch
01-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Hopefully I'll be going to E3, so I'll tell you if I go and when I get back :)

Catalyst
01-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Reasons why XBOX2 will be the best:

1) Made by the biggest electronic corporation in the world!!

2) Biggest company means most money, which leads to the best game franchises made on XBOX, not PS3.

3)XBOX has sold more systems than PS2 as of 3 months ago.

4)XBOX has Internet Capabilities that are better than SONY's

5)XBOX has the best graphic capabilites and has very little of that cartoon game crap.(Though some cartoon games RULE.)

6)XBOX has BUILT IN MEMORY, no other system has that as of now.

-Catalyst :thumbs:

Dangerous Dan
01-22-2005, 09:56 PM
PC and Nintendo Revolution.
:D

Caged Anger
01-22-2005, 09:58 PM
bill gates would have to find some major way of upgrading the Xbox to compete with his own computer hardware. Consoles were great back in the day, but computers are already greatly supperior to them both with graphics acceleration, processing power, and sound quality...at least in my eyes they are.

burnthewitch
01-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Some Other XBOX Facts/Presumptions: (as someone who actually quite likes the XBOX, but also likes the truth)

1) There is serious doubt whether the XBOX 2 or XBOX Next or whatever the name ends up being will actually include a Hard Drive at all. The most likely result is that Israeli company M-Systems will provide unique memory systems for the console.

2) The XBOX has not outsold the PS2 - not even remotely close. The XBOX sales rose to more than Sony's during November because of the runaway Halo 2 success. Still, even in November worldwide GBA sales still exceeded the sales of the XBOX worldwide.

3) The XBOX 2 will allegedly come out almost a year before Sony's PS3, making it unlikely that the 2nd generation XBOX will be more powerful than the 3rd generation PS. (Blu-Ray? Cell?)

4)November 2004 was the first month since XBOX release that Microsoft actually didn't make a loss on the console.

JIMINATOR
01-22-2005, 10:54 PM
eh, i'll tell you what is going to happen. they are probably going to make different types of xboxes. the high end will probably have a drive and function as a tivo unit with windows media center. now that would be pretty killer.

Catalyst
01-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Some Other XBOX Facts/Presumptions: (as someone who actually quite likes the XBOX, but also likes the truth)

1) There is serious doubt whether the XBOX 2 or XBOX Next or whatever the name ends up being will actually include a Hard Drive at all. The most likely result is that Israeli company M-Systems will provide unique memory systems for the console.

2) The XBOX has not outsold the PS2 - not even remotely close. The XBOX sales rose to more than Sony's during November because of the runaway Halo 2 success. Still, even in November worldwide GBA sales still exceeded the sales of the XBOX worldwide.

3) The XBOX 2 will allegedly come out almost a year before Sony's PS3, making it unlikely that the 2nd generation XBOX will be more powerful than the 3rd generation PS. (Blu-Ray? Cell?)

4)November 2004 was the first month since XBOX release that Microsoft actually didn't make a loss on the console.

One fact is not correct here is proof

XBOX HAS OFFICIALLY OUTSOLD THE PS2 IN AMERICA

Meanwhile, Microsoft claims its Xbox market share in UK, France and Germany combined has risen from 23 per cent to 26 per cent. "This marks the first time ever that Sony has been knocked off the leaderboard by another console in this generation," Microsoft boasted in its press release, but question marks remain how long it will hold the upper hand.

http://www.xboxsolution.com/article1485.html

burnthewitch
01-23-2005, 12:30 AM
It doesn't even say the XBOX has outsold the PS2 in that link. It says it is "outselling" the PS2, which is true. But it's a totally different thing.

Catalyst
01-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Question:

What does this mean then

This marks the first time ever that Sony has been knocked off the leaderboard by another console in this generation

solid snake295
01-23-2005, 01:21 AM
im pretty sure theyre talking about monthly sales there.

Catalyst
01-23-2005, 03:43 AM
im pretty sure theyre talking about monthly sales there.

I dunno, who cares, different ppl like different things, xbox for me baby :P :D

SoulReaver
01-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Lol yeah thats what it means, monthly sales. PS3 is gonna pwn, did you see that Madden screenshot in that PSM mag? It looks incredible.

Ms Dara
02-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I would have to say PC/XboX for me. But I dont play my XboX much. Only the DOA Volley ball, Liesur Suit Larry and Sims URBS. I like my MMORPGz on PC. Keyboards are so much more better than controllers in my opinion.

ME BIGGD01
02-09-2005, 01:56 PM
wow, i forgot about this thread. i heard the xbox might be called the xbox360 and they might also do without the blueray technology to make the games cheaper. i really doubt they will be cheaper though. as far as technology goes, the xbox still hasnt released full specs but as for the ps3, those specs look pretty powerful. i think what ever company adds media control to the box will be the best seller. i would consider buying the product if i could stream media to the unit and play it. one thing that wroories me with microsoft products is they like to be the law of the unit which may prevent anyone to play copyrighted music or media of any type due to the drm crap. for this reason alone, i would look at the sony box but would have to wait to see if they do the same.

Twin])I2agon
02-09-2005, 04:15 PM
bill gates would have to find some major way of upgrading the Xbox to compete with his own computer hardware. Consoles were great back in the day, but computers are already greatly supperior to them both with graphics acceleration, processing power, and sound quality...at least in my eyes they are.

Of course PC´s are way better but you also have to look at the price difference. Try to get a PC for 150€ where you can play riddick, nba live, etc on. :)

Btw the sound quality maybe the only part where consoles are equal to pc´s.
Eg the Xbox has great 5.1 capable soundchip.