PDA

View Full Version : CD or HD?

ZeLL
01-26-2005, 12:43 AM
My computer has been getting slow lately whenever i try to read a cd, burn a cd, or even just listen to music in general on iTunes. I would immidiately say i need a new CD burner, (The burner burns really slow and i can barely do anything else while it burns), but it also happens in the DVD a little bit. It'll also take like a minute to open iTunes sometimes.

What do you guys think, new CD Burner or HD?

Slice
01-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Itunes is notorious for loading slow and burning. I have fast burners and even the program loads slow and burns slow for me. In other words keep your nickel. ;)

Caged Anger
01-26-2005, 03:46 AM
do a full defrag and system scan, then check ot what processes are running. Things go slower if you make your comp think about more stuff

Slice
01-26-2005, 03:48 AM
do a full defrag and system scan, then check ot what processes are running. Things go slower if you make your comp think about more stuff
Yeah ok.....

BobtheCkroach
01-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Itunes is notorious for loading slow and burning. I have fast burners and even the program loads slow and burns slow for me. In other words keep your nickel. ;)

Personally, ITunes has never burned slow for me, though it does load slow occasionally.

Before anything else, have you tried burning from a different program (Media Player, Nero, etc) to see if it burns slow there, too?

Also, how much RAM do you have? ITunes is a memory hog, so that could be it maybe.

merkwannabe
01-26-2005, 04:34 AM
Personally, ITunes has never burned slow for me, though it does load slow occasionally.

Before anything else, have you tried burning from a different program (Media Player, Nero, etc) to see if it burns slow there, too?

Also, how much RAM do you have? ITunes is a memory hog, so that could be it maybe. Dual Channel 1024mb DDR400 :)

BobtheCkroach
01-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Dual Channel 1024mb DDR400 :)

Um...you're not Zell...but thanx for sharing...? (Incidently, I too have 1024 Meg of Dual Channel DDR400)

I'll give ya this: the spontaneousness of you responding to the question made me laugh for reasons that have not been made clear.

OUTLAWS DirtGod
01-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Looking at your spec i see nothing that would be a bottleneck on your system...except how much free space you have in you windows HD. Also when was the last time you installed windows?

merkwannabe
01-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Um...you're not Zell...but thanx for sharing...? (Incidently, I too have 1024 Meg of Dual Channel DDR400)

I'll give ya this: the spontaneousness of you responding to the question made me laugh for reasons that have not been made clear.lol. I looked at Zell's specs right below his signature and copied and pasted it so that you would know since you asked!

I don't have a gig of ram!

BobtheCkroach
01-26-2005, 10:51 PM
lol. I looked at Zell's specs right below his signature and copied and pasted it so that you would know since you asked!

I don't have a gig of ram!

ROFL...I just realized that before I read your post...oops... :rolleyes:

ZeLL
01-29-2005, 11:17 PM
i probably installed windows a couple years ago :/

I got an 74 gigger and i'm using 54 of it. I got a spair 20 gig in my box too that i dont use at all. Do you think i should put my 13.52 gigs of music on that drive and dedicate that drive to my music?

OUTLAWS DirtGod
01-31-2005, 06:15 PM
i probably installed windows a couple years ago :/

I got an 74 gigger and i'm using 54 of it. I got a spair 20 gig in my box too that i dont use at all. Do you think i should put my 13.52 gigs of music on that drive and dedicate that drive to my music?

sounds good about the music...but you might what to think about re-installing or repairing windows...... windows starts acting crazy after awhile it may still be looking for links that arent there anymore or something may have been corrupted who now could be anything but i dont think its any of you componets listed in you sig.....hope that helps

Rivers
02-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Ni vale papa's Itunes.......

ZeLL
02-02-2005, 12:26 AM
thanks guys :thumbs: