PDA

View Full Version : Your Mouse

Die Hard
01-27-2005, 06:40 PM
No matter what games you play, if you use the left or right button as the fire button, how long does your mouse last?

I go through about 4 a year and it's always the fire button that breaks. It always starts of as if I haven't hit it. I think "I'm sure I pressed fire then?" and I hit it again; then it works.

After a while (like mine is now) It registers a press about 1 in 4 which drives me mad! I've had my current mouse (MX1000) about 3 months so it's normal for them to go after this amount of time.

I've tried loads of different makes and models and always the same problems!

So, I'm wondering. How long does your mouse last and if it lasts a lot longer than mine, what mouse do you use?

SALvation
01-27-2005, 06:48 PM
I've never once worn out a mouse from use, and I play a ton of games.

merkwannabe
01-27-2005, 06:54 PM
HP optical mouse.. It's almost 2 years old . It goes nuts every once in a while, but that's expected for the "quality" and age of the mouse!

Die Hard
01-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Hmm, so Sal and Hugs. What mouse do you use?

JIMINATOR
01-27-2005, 07:00 PM
i have never "worn out" a button... I am wondering...

er...

...if you are washing off your hands when you do "other stuff"

- that may be getting the mouse switch dirty... :hmmm:

Logitech - at least in the states - has always had a great support policy. they have sent me a new mouse when the scroll wheel flaked out - and a new keyboard when the space bar broke in half. (over time, i guess i pound that sucker a lot to jump...)

Death Engineer
01-27-2005, 07:25 PM
I have used a Microsoft Optical Explorer for the past 3 years. And it still works like the day I took it out of the package. Me thinks you hit the clickers too hard.

Pure_Evil
01-27-2005, 07:28 PM
I've gotten over a year out of my logitec mx500 and I beat the hell out of it :D

I had a microsuck intelli mouse that I terminated in a month though :P

SALvation
01-27-2005, 08:01 PM
I've had an MX700 for about a year and a half and before that I used an Intellimouse Explorer.

Aries
01-27-2005, 08:05 PM
I broke my first mouse (of a cheap, private label brand) about a month ago...the fire button crashed during a UT2k4 instagib game...now I have the logitech mx510 no problems so far

SoulReaver
01-27-2005, 11:34 PM
I've never once worn out a mouse from use, and I play a ton of games. Same, though I think I might've once, but doubt it.

merkwannabe
01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Same, though I think I might've once, but doubt it.how ambiguous!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Been using a Logitech dual Optical for about 2.5 years without a single problem.

He Is Legend
01-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Logitech owns all

Slice
01-28-2005, 01:37 AM
That's because you suck. :P

PJ'l_Master
01-28-2005, 03:43 AM
i have an MX 1000 and it seems to be doing the same thing

Mr Clean
01-28-2005, 04:51 AM

Gerbils, however, are a completely different matter :P

Bingo
01-28-2005, 04:56 AM
Previously used cheapo freebie mice that came with computers... never wore one out in usually 2 years or so per system.

Now I have a logitech optical (Paid maybe 25-30 bucks for it) going on at least 1 1/2 years to 2 years, still not worn out.

Methinks maybe you pound them suckers a bit too hard? Maybe something else you are doing?

B

Free Styler
01-28-2005, 04:57 AM
Well i have had 3 logitech mouses.

The first one had a bit of a problem with that fire button of yours.But then again i was averaging 12 hours or plus of game play a day in the beginning when i got my computer.(for about 2 months)Actully even my keyboard was worned off.The movements key wich i once used were all gray and the black keys on it were erased.I'm not kidding when i say there must of been 4 millimitters of usage plastic on my fingers like tires of a car on the street.It worns out after a while.

Anyways i think it was normal for it to give up on me.I was owning it to much hehe.:)

My second mouse was also a logitech.Now beileive it or not this is a true story.
I had bought the stupid thing at costco club price or whaterver it's called.
It had a two year guarantie on it.So after a while .....(maybe 7 or 8 months later i decided to give it a little smash for that garantie of mine.

Well here is the sad part...i went i to my bedroom draw where i had left the receipt.

Now bare in mind my receipt had full black numbers on it when i first put it in that draw.No water was admited anywhere near the stupid receipt.Anyways to cut the story short i now had a white piece of paper.The residu of ink on the white piece of paper could probably not have been seen by the hubble telescope.

I could not beileive it i had sort of smashed my mouse wich btw was still usable but i was pisset.The second mouse gave up on the fire button also.

Now i have logitec 5 hundred something or whaterver and i'm having no problem with it.Probably due to the fact that my gaming hours have droped 97 percent and when i do play i'm carefull .

Die Hard
01-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Thats a funny story FS.

I guess I must be hitting the fire button too hard but I don't know if I can do it any other way. My space bar is trashed too.

Presumably my MX1000 should still be under guarantee, I just hope the store don't insist on sending it off for repair leaving me mouseless? :bawling:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-28-2005, 12:35 PM
The fire button on my first MX510 makes a clicking sound once it awhile, it lasted about 6 months (I guess). It still works fine, I just don't use it on my gaming PC (anymore).
Picked up another MX510 when they were on sale. Next time I think I'll try the MX1000.

BobtheCkroach
01-29-2005, 03:58 AM
Hmmm...I actually use my mouse buttons for forward and back, so they get pressed in more of a constant way - held down for long periods of time, not much letting up, repushing, over and over. They've never gotten worn out, though, on any mouse that i've used.

Incidently, I use F for fire, and that's never worn out, either.