PDA

View Full Version : Painkiller patch 1.61 (338MB)

JIMINATOR
01-28-2005, 12:48 AM
If any of you want to try PK with the new networking code, the patch is
now available...

http://www.gamershell.com/download_8160.shtml
http://www.gotfrag.com/portal/files/317

Toronto, Canada - January 27, 2005 – DreamCatcher Games today released the 1.61 Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL) Update, and dedicated server, for its critically acclaimed PC FPS, Painkiller. In time for the start of the CPL $1,000,000 2005 World Tour on February 10th, this 300MB update bundles an abundance of new content and all of the game play enhancements, fixes, and features to date.

Within the largest Painkiller update released, players can look forward to the new CPL dueling maps from Ritual Entertainment, over a half dozen specialty maps and numerous CPL-ready network features. They will also enjoy access to two additional multiplayer modes, Capture the Flag and Last Man Standing, as well as carnage-creating power of the exclusive weaponry offered in Painkiller’s Expansion, “Battle Out of Hell.”

The update also includes Battle Out of Hell’s graphic enhancements, the reworked networking core and a number of fixes for outstanding issues. Utilizing the impressive Havok 2.0 physics engine, Painkiller continues to achieve new heights of physics-based game play while version 1.61 of the proprietary PAIN Engine pumps out an unbelievably high polygon count, and awesome visual effects like heat and haze distortion, per-pixel spectacular mapping, support for NVIDIA’s Shader Model 3.0.

“Since its launch, Painkiller has earned numerous fantastic reviews and ‘Editor’s Choice Awards’ from all over the world.” says Richard Wah Kan, CEO of DreamCatcher. “We will continue to keep fans entertained and craving for more hardcore action.”

In Painkiller, players take on the role of Daniel Garner, a seemingly regular guy, who has just been killed in a horrific car accident. Trapped in a dark and unwelcoming world between heaven and hell, he struggles to uncover the reasons he has been denied entry into heaven. Awaiting purification, players fight against hordes of demonic soldiers in an attempt to stop an imminent holy war.

Developed by People Can Fly, Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle Out of Hell are rated 'M' for Mature in North America and 16+ PEGI in Europe. An Xbox® version of Painkiller will be released in 2005. Painkiller is the Official tournament game of the CPL $1,000,000 2005 World Tour.

For more information about Painkiller and the latest updates, visit www.painkillergame.com.

About DreamCatcher Games
DreamCatcher Games is a fast-growing worldwide publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software committed to release action, strategy and role-playing games on Windows®, PlayStation®2 and Xbox® gaming systems. Its large portfolio of games includes the critically acclaimed title Painkiller, a popular and best-selling action shooter game.
More information about DreamCatcher Games and its products can be found at
http://www.dreamcatchergames.com.

About CPL
Launched June 26, 1997, the Cyberathlete Professional League® (CPL) is the world's first computer games sports league; and having hosted final tournaments on five continents and official qualifying tournaments in over 50 countries, the CPL is the global leader in professional computer game competitions. Over the past seven years, the CPL has hosted over 20 main events in the United States alone, with a total attendance of 35,000 gamers and has paid well over $1,500,000 in cash prizes. For more information on the CPL please visit www.thecpl.com

Media Contacts:
Tara Reed
North American PR Manager
DreamCatcher Games
treed@dreamcatchergames.com
416.638.5000 Ext. 268

merkwannabe
01-28-2005, 12:55 AM
lol... Sam's patch is less than 10 megabytes! This one is over 300! :s

EXEcution
01-28-2005, 01:05 AM
LOL big patch
wtfg dreamcatcher, i heard from one of the CPL contestants that some of the stuff was messed up in booh (like rocktejumping) so the cpl wasnt gonna support it, guess this makes up for that....
mostly europeans play the game online anyway, and its alot faster than some think, weapons are great for 1v1 too..

ForrestFunk
01-28-2005, 07:54 AM
:funny:

seems they would do everything to to gain a name like ID and EPIC, and thats why they got their game placed in the CPL world tour. :( hope they didnt miscalculate...not that i would care if there is painkiller or not :)

Pure_Evil
01-28-2005, 04:33 PM
lol... Sam's patch is less than 10 megabytes! This one is over 300! :s

But that 1 didn't even work!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Nice example!!!! :doh:

EXEcution
01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
But that 1 didn't even work!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Nice example!!!! :doh:
you dont work :thumbs:

Mad Fox
01-30-2005, 12:16 PM
that patch is huge i wouldn't want a 28 k connection...or do i

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Not one of you rat bstrds thanked Jim for posting the patch!! :)

Thanks Jim, I'll try that patch out this weekend.

BlackWolf
01-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Thx just tryed it out it seems the netcode has improved since last time i played it 2 bad that the rocket laucher is so dominating in this game the stake gun is great tho :)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
02-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Heh, heh..great patch. Tried to play the game, and all I get it the error message telling me I've put the wrong CD ROM in! ?:)?

EXEcution
02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Which cd ya puttin in?
CD1 should work

JIMINATOR
02-01-2005, 08:08 PM
it is CD3 of the original PK, CD1 if you have BOOH....

OUTLAWS high ping camper
02-02-2005, 04:21 AM
Which cd ya puttin in?
CD1 should work

the same one I always have, numba twee......uh, number three...was eating peanut butter.

merkwannabe
02-02-2005, 04:42 AM
the same one I always have, numba twee......uh, number three...was eating peanut butter.lol.. Seerweasly?

This thread makes me want to get the game. I have the demo and it's pretty fun.

EXEcution
02-02-2005, 09:39 PM
well put in cd one and it should work, otherwise ur comp is retarded :DD