02-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Any 24 heads around here?

Bingo

Oscar(WCFD)
02-01-2005, 04:01 AM
24 .... Who ??? :rolleyes:

Thundarr
02-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Me, me, me!!! Love that show, don't spoil tonight's episode for me tho, I had pool league so I tape it and watch it tomorrow night.... :D

Bingo
02-01-2005, 04:57 AM
Me, me, me!!! Love that show, don't spoil tonight's episode for me tho, I had pool league so I tape it and watch it tomorrow night.... :D

Heh, you've so gotta watch that soon....

B

Thundarr
02-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Heh, you've so gotta watch that soon....

B

Will post first thing after I watch it! :thumbs:

Die Hard
02-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh no, my wife is a HUGE fan. Trouble is she can't watch the episodes on TV because she cannot wait for the next week.

So, much to my dismay, she spends a fortune and orders the DVD Box Set from America and then watches all episodes back to back :eek: That box set is out on DVD in America before the series even reaches the UK.

JIMINATOR
02-01-2005, 12:40 PM
you used to be able to download them when suprnova was around... :bawling:

SALvation
02-01-2005, 02:24 PM
24 is the greatest show in the history of TV. My wife and I make sure our schedules are clear every Monday to watch it. Yesterday's episode was another fantastic one.

Death Engineer
02-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Love watching 24. But I wait until it comes out on DVD so I won't have to wait to see the next episode. Great stuff. Personally, I think I enjoyed season 1 the most...probably because it was new. Season 3 was an improvement over season 2 IMHO.

JIMINATOR
02-01-2005, 06:50 PM
www.jumpedtheshark.com

i liked the first season, then they ruined it on the last episode, then the second season, it was cool until the killed him and then brought him back to life, and he still went out and kicked a bunch of ass after that.... most normal people need days to recover from what he does on an hourly basis, it just became too silly for me....

Bingo
02-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Damn Jim, you hate everything. :)

How did they ruin it first season?? I thought the ending was fantastic.

As to the whole dying thing.. meh... one little stretch of imagination required. I'm happy to give it to 'em. Besides, maybe he was only a LITTLE dead.

Last nights episode was awesome. I'll refrain from any comments until Thundarr The Barbarian is able to watch it tonight. snicker...

Bingo

Akiakaiu
02-01-2005, 08:16 PM
You can still download the new eps of 24. Blah blah blah blah blah :)

EXEcution
02-01-2005, 08:52 PM
warning....warning...illegal...activity...

SALvation
02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't see how downloading a TV show could be illegal...it's on a free TV network.

Death Engineer
02-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Is it copyrighted? Then likely it should legally cost something to copy and distribute it. I'm not on either side of the fence here, just think legally you would be hard pressed to prove the legality of downloading a television show.

Thundarr
02-02-2005, 03:13 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!! Spoiler alert, please let me know if I can talk about the episode yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Mr Clean
02-02-2005, 03:37 AM
Is it copyrighted? Then likely it should legally cost something to copy and distribute it. I'm not on either side of the fence here, just think legally you would be hard pressed to prove the legality of downloading a television show.

I think DE is right, there are still copyright rules on TV programs.

Bingo
02-02-2005, 05:09 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!! Spoiler alert, please let me know if I can talk about the episode yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Heh, did I TELL you it was cool or what??

Bugger it all, start the spoilers and actually talkin about it!

SPOILERS!

I freakin KNEW he was gonna call Tony!

And damn, do they know how to write that dude an entrance, or what?!

I also loved Jack's classic Chloe-type 'Duh!' line...
Tony runs in... BAM..BAM... takes out the dudes.
Jack looks up 'You made it!'.

Only thing I didn't like, was how quick Tony showed up. Where the hell was he? Sittin in the car outside? :P

Anyways, it still rocked. Heller is cool as heck too. Really classic "old school" type refined badarse.

Bingo

SALvation
02-02-2005, 05:55 AM
If you watched the Tonight Show earlier this week they had Keifer on and he revealed someone else is probably coming back too besides Tony.

Bingo
02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
If you watched the Tonight Show earlier this week they had Keifer on and he revealed someone else is probably coming back too besides Tony.

Well, I didn't see it, but...

I can't believe they would not bring Ex-Pres Palmer back for at least a while.
He was, in my opinion, the absolute strongest character on that show, only CLOSELY beaten out by Keiffer himself. Sure Keiffer is the main man and all, but Palmer was such a powerful character both due to the writing of the guy AND the actor behind him.

Also, if they bring back Tony, obviously Michelle would have to be in there somewhere.

Kim - I'd also be kinda supprised if they didn't bring her in at some point just to have the requisite "Hot Chick". I'm ambivilant about it.

Chloe I don't think is "gone" anyways. :)

I kinda suspect Jack is going to start building his own little "CTU" - Tony, Michelle, Palmer, Chloe, and maybe a couple others. We'll see!

Bingo

Akiakaiu
02-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Who is Tony? I only started watching this season, so I'm guessing he was in the one of the earlier seasons.

Death Engineer
02-02-2005, 05:14 PM
My ears are plugged and my eyes are covered. I'll come back to this thread once season 4 is out on DVD. :P

Thundarr
02-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Who is Tony? I only started watching this season, so I'm guessing he was in the one of the earlier seasons.

Tony was fired last season, he was the leader of CTU like Erin Driscoll is now. He was fired last season for letting a bad guy get away by calling off agents because the bad guys friends had his wife and they told Tony they'd kill her if he didn't make it so the bad guy could get away... Michelle was his wife, she worked for CTU as well...

I'm with Bingo, I could totally see Jack making his own little CTU with the folks he mentioned...

All I gots to say is that I hope they don't bring back Sherri Palmer, yuk! The character I loved to hate...

JIMINATOR
02-02-2005, 05:42 PM
<cringe> <bites tongue> <more cringing> <must keep mouth shut>

Akiakaiu
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Tony was fired last season, he was the leader of CTU like Erin Driscoll is now. He was fired last season for letting a bad guy get away by calling off agents because the bad guys friends had his wife and they told Tony they'd kill her if he didn't make it so the bad guy could get away... Michelle was his wife, she worked for CTU as well...

Much thanks, looks like I'm gonna have to go get the earlier seasons now. This is one of the few tv shows that I watch. (Lost and House being the others) And I must say it's very good. It kind of reminds me of "Clear and Present Danger" and ummm...I forget the other one (or was it two now...hmmmm....)

Bingo
02-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Much thanks, looks like I'm gonna have to go get the earlier seasons now. This is one of the few tv shows that I watch. (Lost and House being the others) And I must say it's very good. It kind of reminds me of "Clear and Present Danger" and ummm...I forget the other one (or was it two now...hmmmm....)

Heh, funny you say that. I came in about halfway through season 2.
So for Christmas, I asked for season 1 on DVD. Flew home to see the folks, Mom gives me that.

So since I'm there for a week, I say 'Hey Mom, I'm gonna pop in 24, why don't you come watch a bit. I think you might like it."

She says what the heck. So we watch episode 1. It's over. Mom says, "That wasn't too bad. Let's go ahead and watch another episode."

So we watch ep 2. That finishes. Now it's like 11pm. Mom turns to me and says, "Can we watch another one now??"

Next morning I'm eating breakfast. Mom bounces in. "Hey, finish up eating and we can go catch a couple more episodes before I head out to finish up shopping!"

snicker. She was was totally hooked. I actually ended up having to LEAVE THE FRIGGIN THING THERE so she could finish watching 'em all! cackle.

Which, funny enough, she finished like the last 14 hours in like 2 days. :eek:

First 2 shows this season, she was on the phone to me at like 10:01 to talk about it. She's finally let up, but it's still a hoot.

I totally recommend checking out the earlier seasons. However, be warned, season 1 DOES start out very similar to this one. Don't feel like there is a precedent there!

Bingo

burnthewitch
02-03-2005, 01:50 AM
I never saw Season 1, but by all accounts it was good. I got on the horse at the start of Season 2, it was amazing. Great plot, unpredictable, especially when everyone thought "oh, middle eastern terrorists? Yeah, thats new." and then it evolved into something far more complex.

I'll be honest thought, Season 3 was really a load of crap. It starts well, the first third is good, but then, the whole bit with the hotel just drags on too long, and it lost the speed of the show. Also, Saunders, the final link in the "chain" of enemies that were worked through was introduced too early. The finale in the school sucked too.

We just had the Season 4 premiere here in the UK, just several days ago. I read all the episode summaries from the fox.com site because I can't wait.

As a side note, Nestor Serrano, who plays Navi Araz, is just great. Really good villain they have there.

I'm not getting my hopes up for a great series, not because I didnt enjoy the premiere...far from it, but I don't want to be disappointed. The whole middle eastern terrorist story I don't mind, because its the first time they have done it in 4 series.

Bingo
02-03-2005, 02:10 AM
I'll be honest thought, Season 3 was really a load of crap. It starts well, the first third is good, but then, the whole bit with the hotel just drags on too long, and it lost the speed of the show. Also, Saunders, the final link in the "chain" of enemies that were worked through was introduced too early. The finale in the school sucked too.

It's interesting you say that, and it's interesting how different things end up coming across to different people.

I totally loved the hotel thing, and I loved how they let it spread across a bunch of shows. For ME, that just kept of heightening the tension and the sense of doom for the place.

I also loved how long they Saunders was a focus. I thought he was a particularly good 'bad guy' with a great part. Far as I was concerned, he could be around for the whole season.

However, I do TOTALLY agree with you on Navi. The dude does a fantastic job at being a total fanatic. Believes completely and utterly in his cause, to the point of being totally callous about any one else who needs to be 'sacrificed' in the process. Those are the sorts of people who scare me the most!

So yeah, it just goes to show man.. different strokes for different folks! :thumbs:

Bingo