PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Broadband?!

Die Hard
02-08-2005, 10:22 AM
For the last year or so I've been on a 2meg connection which has been great but expensive at £69.99 ($125.99) per month. I then have to pay for my telephone line rental on top of that. Another £12.00 ($22.00) per month.

So, when I saw an advert for 4meg broadband at £30.00 ($55.50) per month including line rental I went for it. I mean thats a great deal right? WRONG!

I was meant to be swithched over on 2nd Feb. A 'down time' of 20 minutes or so, as the sales person told me. Well here we are some 6 days later and I've been without internet connection and a phone line for the whole time. I've been told at least 10 different stories and each time I call them, they never cal me, I'm on hold for an average of 30 minutes before I get to speak to a person that has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

The latest news is that they DO NOT KNOW when I will have any sort of service? I'll keep you posted as news unfolds....

For all you UK residents the company in question is: Bulldog Broadband

The grass is not greener :bawling:

JIMINATOR
02-08-2005, 12:51 PM
wow, that sucks pretty tremendously. you guys need a bit more competition up there....

Mr Clean
02-08-2005, 07:01 PM
No taxation without representation.

Speedsweeper
02-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Telewest broadband rules. :D

Death Engineer
02-09-2005, 12:04 AM
If a deal looks too good to be true.....

then it probably is (unless it's in the Hot Deals forum).

PJ'l_Master
02-09-2005, 12:07 AM
For the last year or so I've been on a 2meg connection which has been great but expensive at £69.99 ($125.99) per month. I then have to pay for my telephone line rental on top of that. Another £12.00 ($22.00) per month.

So, when I saw an advert for 4meg broadband at £30.00 ($55.50) per month including line rental I went for it. I mean thats a great deal right? WRONG!

I was meant to be swithched over on 2nd Feb. A 'down time' of 20 minutes or so, as the sales person told me. Well here we are some 6 days later and I've been without internet connection and a phone line for the whole time. I've been told at least 10 different stories and each time I call them, they never cal me, I'm on hold for an average of 30 minutes before I get to speak to a person that has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

The latest news is that they DO NOT KNOW when I will have any sort of service? I'll keep you posted as news unfolds....

For all you UK residents the company in question is: Bulldog Broadband

The grass is not greener :bawling:

i dont know how it is over there but if that happened in america there would be lots of law suits lol

Caged Anger
02-09-2005, 01:35 AM
mmm, and then tailgating....