PDA

View Full Version : godaddy.com ad censored by nfl....

JIMINATOR
02-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Most of you may have seen the godaddy.com ad the first time around.
It was supposed to be shown twice though. Apparently someone had a cow
after seeing it for the first time and fox pulled the second showing.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1212&e=7&u=/ap/20050208/ap_en_bu/super_bowl_ad_pulled&sid=95573501

if you haven't seen the ad, it is available @ godaddy.com, along with an expanded 2 minute version...

Die Hard
02-09-2005, 04:15 PM
So, it's ok for a guy to bulldoze another guy and break his arm in the name of sport but get a quick glimpse of a woman's breast and WHOA take cover...

Pure_Evil
02-09-2005, 04:19 PM
add link (http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/superbowl05/landing.asp?isc=bpshdr001&se=%2B)

I think that was one of the only good adds for the game :D

one of our local radio stations posted some real nice pictures of that model too :cool:

NB, plr

Die Hard
02-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Not even a Boobie in sight. Sheesh....

Pure_Evil
02-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Not even a Boobie in sight. Sheesh....
try a mirror! :D :ha:

Mr Clean
02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, if the idea of advertising is to get attention to your brand name, then I'd say they were successful...

Mr Clean
02-09-2005, 05:09 PM
add link (http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/superbowl05/landing.asp?isc=bpshdr001&se=%2B)

I think that was one of the only good adds for the game :D

one of our local radio stations posted some real nice pictures of that model too :cool:

NB, plr

Pure, I am afraid you are going to have to be repremanded....what the hell is wrong with you?...

You didn't post a link to the radio station's webpage :D

NightBreed
02-09-2005, 05:26 PM

NB, plr

:thumbs: On it, thanks !!! :)

Pure_Evil
02-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Pure, I am afraid you are going to have to be repremanded....what the hell is wrong with you?...

You didn't post a link to the radio station's webpage :D
sorry, even I wont post pron here, at least NB got it. Radio stations web site almost crashed with 54000 hits on those pics.

no, they're not real either, the woman was right ;) :P

SALvation
02-09-2005, 09:00 PM
That commercial will launch that chicks career just like the Doritos commercial launched Ali Landry's.

Mad Fox
02-09-2005, 09:37 PM
I personally liked the commercial

ME BIGGD01
02-09-2005, 09:43 PM
i thought that chic was hot:thumbs: it amazes me that fox would not show this commercial when half of there shows show more. but then again, maybe this company paid for this the way it happend. they got more media coverage this way.

merkwannabe
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I think that they have to be stricter during the Super Bowl than during regular days.. It's so important that it's just easier and safer for them to avoid problems like a la Janet Jackson by censorship!

JIMINATOR
02-09-2005, 10:00 PM
i think that the youth of today (persons here excluded) are real stupid and simple minded. seeing things like breasts on TV can lead them into the sinful delights of fornication and that will result in the permanent loss of their eternal souls to hellfire and damnnation. Of course if they see violence on TV and commit violence upon others, that is ok, after all most religions accept violence (or have extensively in the past) as a necessity to promote their message. The fornication though, that is a sin and has no redeeming purpose, and the flock must be protected from temptation at all costs...... And hinting at how stupid this all is is a grounds for censorship.

JIMINATOR
02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I think that they have to be stricter during the Super Bowl than during regular days.. It's so important that it's just easier and safer for them to avoid problems like a la Janet Jackson by censorship!
damn merkius, put down the crack pipe. this was a silly commercial, not a homeland security type of thing....

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Just think. FCC is all about BS taticts. Freedom of Speech my ass.
20 years ago some of the most racist shows were the most popular. All in the family. Jeffersons.

merkwannabe
02-09-2005, 11:17 PM
damn merkius, put down the crack pipe. this was a silly commercial, not a homeland security type of thing....I can't.. It's too.. p.p.p.powerful!!

Die Hard
02-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey, pass some of that peace pipe my way...

Mr Clean
02-10-2005, 01:33 PM
i think that the youth of today (persons here excluded) are real stupid and simple minded. seeing things like breasts on TV can lead them into the sinful delights of fornication and that will result in the permanent loss of their eternal souls to hellfire and damnnation. Of course if they see violence on TV and commit violence upon others, that is ok, after all most religions accept violence (or have extensively in the past) as a necessity to promote their message. The fornication though, that is a sin and has no redeeming purpose, and the flock must be protected from temptation at all costs...... And hinting at how stupid this all is is a grounds for censorship.

You telling us what is and isn't accepted in most religions is like Morris the Cat doing an Alpo commercial...:P

Mr Clean
02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
damn merkius, put down the crack pipe. this was a silly commercial, not a homeland security type of thing....

I think Merk is right, because there are so many people watching the game, particularly children, the NFL purposely censored certain ads this year. Fox has to comply with that, it is part of the contract to show the game.

How and why that ad got through and Mickey Rooney's butt didn't is a mystery to me though...

All this hub-bub is a result of the faked "wardrobe malfunction" from last year....

Die Hard
02-10-2005, 02:56 PM
So, it's ok for kids to see fighting, spitting and general thuggish behaviour (all in the name of sport) but if they see a scantily clad woman acting seductively they will turn into monsters?

Oh right.....

Mr Clean
02-11-2005, 06:02 AM
So, it's ok for kids to see fighting, spitting and general thuggish behaviour (all in the name of sport) but if they see a scantily clad woman acting seductively they will turn into monsters?

Oh right.....

Don't get me wrong, I agree with ya. There reasoning is hardly on solid ground considering how many shots of cheerleaders you see every game....