PDA

View Full Version : Why pro sports are all about greed

Mr Clean
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Here (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/D107207A5405CFFE86256FA5001D015A?OpenDocument&Headline=Local+firm+takes+a+swing+at+MLB+over+fant asy+games) is an article in the St Louis Post-Dispatch today. Curious what everyone things about it.

Thundarr
02-11-2005, 06:51 PM
THAT SUCKS!!! :mad: :down: Makes me almost as mad as the NHL lockout!

BobtheCkroach
02-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Doesn't bother me one bit.

OUTLAWS Tip
02-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Doesn't bother me at all either. I hope their greed makes fans turn away from their sports.
:down: :down:

I personally decided after the baseball strike in (1994)? to never go to another professional sporting event. I will never buy another hat, shirt, etc. or go to another game the rest of my life. I've turned down many offers of free tickets to go to games. This goes for Baseball, Football, Basketball and even Hockey. Although the Hockey players salaries are not as outrageous as the other pro sports.

I do watch a bunch on TV but refuse to even pay for cable.
:)

::: DARK PSI :::
02-12-2005, 06:59 AM
Money is a driving factor. It is the dangling carrot. The more you have the more you want it. Trust me, it is what keeps me making sure my business STAYS successful.

No money, I quit, watch tv, and get fat. :)

Slice
02-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Money is a driving factor. It is the dangling carrot. The more you have the more you want it. Trust me, it is what keeps me making sure my business STAYS successful.

No money, I quit, watch tv, and get fat. :)
I agree and disagree with that statement. After a certain point money is no longer money, it becomes power. I would imagine I do not have to go in to detail to explain what I mean by this post.

ME BIGGD01
02-13-2005, 02:59 AM
if the pay was 250,000 a year no matter who was signed, i am sure there would still be people playing the game. i say the owners are at fault for ever giving anyone the money any of these players received. it ruined so many sports. look at boxing today. the heavy weight champs do not fight the number 1 contenders anymore. they go where the money goes.

i would love to see the owners get together and set a salary cap on all players on all sports. i would bet there would be people willing to play the sport for anything over 100,000.

Slice
02-13-2005, 03:11 AM
I think the unions need to be destroyed and all players become free agents. You get an offer you don't like it, don't jump on it, too bad nobody else hires you.

::: DARK PSI :::
02-13-2005, 01:34 PM
I was only being facetious Slice. :P And trust me I know best what you mean by this statement. Several of my dealings in business have run me past a few people who thought they were higher than God.

I agree and disagree with that statement. After a certain point money is no longer money, it becomes power. I would imagine I do not have to go in to detail to explain what I mean by this post.