PDA

View Full Version : anybody watch american hotrod?

JIMINATOR
02-13-2005, 04:42 AM
On discovery channel. not only is it about how they custom build cars, some from scratch, but about high drama between the various characters. for real tv it is pretty awesome. pretty close to RL too.... the past couple of weeks they have been building a custom corvette.... well, it is damn good enjoyable tv.

merkwannabe
02-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.. I don't watch much tv, but Discovery has always been one of my favorites. :)

TheMaster
02-13-2005, 01:43 PM
I watch that show every chance I get. I've started seeing it ever sice the Rat Rod Buildoff started, the one where Bluebear was fired. It was a shame to see Charlie leave the shop though. :(

But the last episode Boyd Coddington, Duayne, others are in Las Vegas, and they meet the Teutuls! Bigpaul, Paulie, and Mikey from Orange County Choppers were there. Is that some cool s*** or what? :D

FUS1ON
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I love that show, just hope they can pull it together because that Vette seems to be kicking their butts atm. The way they keep mentioning Charlie makes me think he will be back.

Getting rid of Bluebear was a great move. He was too much of a disturbance and what a dumbass he was, all he had to do was STFU and box the frame. Boyd was footing all the bills to build the car and was going to pay him for doing it. What a dumbass.

Grimmy
02-13-2005, 06:05 PM
I enjoy watching that show and they make some great cars. I think Boyd is a prick though and needs to me smacked around a few times. I didn't like how he treated Charlie, after the countless all nighters he pulled to get something done, he then expected him to do it all the time.

JIMINATOR
02-13-2005, 06:19 PM
it's a pretty awesome show, but you have to ask, what is the deal with all the deadlines? I mean is that like a tool that they use to create drama for the show? or does the guy actually run his business that way? because overall from a business perspective i think it is a bad way to run things, and also from an employee perspective, where they are expected to work weekend after weekend due to some unrealistic expectations....

Die Hard
02-13-2005, 06:40 PM
We get that show over here too and I love to watch it. Probably a couple of years behind you guys though?

Mad Fox
02-13-2005, 08:46 PM
I like that show only seen it a coiuple of times but it looks pretty good

Die Hard
02-14-2005, 10:51 AM
only seen it a coiuple of times
Is that like 5? :P

Mad Fox
02-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Is that like 5? :P

more like six :doh:

Slice
02-15-2005, 02:25 AM
it's a pretty awesome show, but you have to ask, what is the deal with all the deadlines? I mean is that like a tool that they use to create drama for the show? or does the guy actually run his business that way? because overall from a business perspective i think it is a bad way to run things, and also from an employee perspective, where they are expected to work weekend after weekend due to some unrealistic expectations....
All the shows are good but I would have to say that a lot is staged. The so called deadlines really don't exsist. (I am sure there is some sort of deadline but not what they make it to be) It is purely for the drama. It adds entertainment to the show like are they gonna get it done in time..... Of course they always do. And in the OCC episodes where they run in to problems on the road that might be a different story, but alot of these shows are staged.

JIMINATOR
02-15-2005, 04:30 AM
:eek: I am devastated. you have forever ruined the suspense in my life.... :cry:

eh, i imagine that the deadlines are somewhat fake, but those are not actors, and they get shown pretty much for what they are, good, bad and ugly... :thumbs: