PDA

View Full Version : Back........but not all the way

LaSH
02-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Well...thanks to Goober for getting my comp back up....If it wasnt for him i would have probably gave up gameing.....first my wifes comp blows its power supply and the i get a virus that tried to wipe mine clean.....Goober recovered most of it but i still have to reinstall my games...i should be back 100% tommorow....

GOTHIKO
02-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Well...thanks to Goober for getting my comp back up....If it wasnt for him i would have probably gave up gameing.....first my wifes comp blows its power supply and the i get a virus that tried to wipe mine clean.....Goober recovered most of it but i still have to reinstall my games...i should be back 100% tommorow....

yay thats great news!! GG btw. :)

Pure_Evil
02-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I'd like to know how he did it? Just curious.

GG Goober :thumbs:

Warhead
02-14-2005, 05:23 AM
LaSH is sexy. :babe:

Goober
02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I'd like to know how he did it? Just curious.

GG Goober :thumbs:
His was just like yours, would not boot up even in safe mode

All I did was a complete reinstall of windows, after which I ran McAfee which found 2 virus's and 4 other little bugs, Then I went online and did an update to AVG and ran it, It also found some nasty bugs. So far so good. He also now has SP2 which I think was one of the reasons the bugs got in.
All he lost was his cd keys which were kept in the registry where most of the bugs were hiding their little secrets.
Some folks think that when you do a complete reinstall you lose all you pictures, favorite , etc. These remain if you don't use the same Startup? name when you reinstall. Windows just makes a new folder and the old Folder is still in Documents and Settings.

Fragetti
02-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Hmm...... Whats worse Lawyers / Spamers / virus wrighters
Tuffy a.....

unforgiven
02-15-2005, 01:17 PM
glade your almost back man! I think i will be down and out for a bit hehe..not computer wise though. Yesterday was valentinesday right...well i kinda made a mistake and i have 2 chicks that like me. well i accidently sent the one i really dont like a valentines ecard with the one i do likes name on it...times to go hide and let her seek. Already got 3 nasty emails. all i could say was well i like ashley alot and it was your twos idea for me to give you a chance lol. its a long a$$ story! rofl :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
02-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Hmm...... Whats worse Lawyers / Spamers / virus wrighters
Tuffy a.....

lawyers are the worst...you cant kill them w/out being sued...and if you did do such a thing 10 more would replace him

good to have you back lash

also... :rofl: at unfo

unforgiven
02-15-2005, 02:32 PM
what can i say **** happens lol..fun fun! :thumbs: