PDA

View Full Version : Sam is out of control right now

merkwannabe
02-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Something needs to be done.. There is complete chaos on the servers..

Perhaps, Slash can nominate some admins to his servers who just keep up a list of players that need to be banned/warned.. This is ridiculous.. I mean, swearing occassionally is fine, but I can't have a fun game anymore. Aliases? Who cares! As long as you aren't trashing up the server, than great! (I do it!)

And no, I don't think I should be an admin. Where are the good people? Are there any anymore? (this is where you say; "I'm here Merk, right here!")

And Slash, I understand you don't care about Sam.. But then maybe Tik could change his server,(I'd play on it if there wasn't that invincibilty thing when you spawn).. I mean it's great, but I can't really have fun not spawn killing!! lol And then we could keep up a list of who needs to be banned for that server..

This is just really sad.. People are verbally attacking me everywhere I go with and without my tags.. It's non stop. Perhaps the servers should just be all taken down! Then only the villains will have a server, and they moderate intensley!

I hope I don't like a demanding little child, but this is more of a vent thread than me really expecting anything!

c ya! :! :)

merkwannabe
02-23-2005, 06:57 AM
I SHOULD JUST DELETE EVERY POST I"VE EVER MADE!

Btw, I prohibit Slice and Jiminator from posting in this thread.. (for good reasons, not ill intentioned!)

JIMINATOR
02-23-2005, 07:01 AM
muhahahahahaaha!!!! :devil:

merkwannabe
02-23-2005, 07:02 AM
muhahahahahaaha!!!! :devil:AHHHHHHHH!

What happened to Mr. PO-TA-TOE-S?

Btw, I trashed Sam! :wootrock::woohoo:I need a new hobby.. Perhaps, I should become religious. :/

Die Hard
02-23-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't find the servers really any different these days.

Yes, you get trashers but only a minority. Just completely ignore them and beat them.
Some swimming lava campers but they don't bother me. I love killing them.
Some n00bs, Alias's, old and new players.

I still love the game :thumbs:

T I K
02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Like DH said the spoilers are the few... ! And Im suprised that you want anyone spawn killed and that would be including yourself! :rolleyes:

That "noname" thanks to DiTamasso and you Huggy. has been banned from the Saints Server. :thumbs:

I am open to all good ideas and suggestions, pm me if you have any!!!

Pure_Evil
02-23-2005, 01:44 PM
I SHOULD JUST DELETE EVERY POST I"VE EVER MADE!

Btw, I prohibit Slice and Jiminator from posting in this thread.. (for good reasons, not ill intentioned!)
:mad: I hate being left out :mad:

SHOTGUNmaniac
02-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Sam is still a great game, its just the odd few that still dont realise it is as it says, a game......

Frag on!

He Is Legend
02-23-2005, 04:52 PM
/con_ilastlines=15

merkwannabe
02-23-2005, 05:05 PM
ya.. It's true that it's just a few people who ruin the fun. But honestly, I haven't seen people as relentless as they've been these past few days ever! They won't stop.. Usually, they just leave when they start losing and not whine up a storm.

And Tik, I hate spawn killing in a normal game, but when you have a really good match going and your on a "roll" it's hard to maintain it when someone is invincible and slices you. :/ Spawn killing can be really fun. I just wait near rockets or grenades and instant kills! it's great in one sense! lol *I'll try to cut it down though in the future.. But in skilled matches where you're fighting someone really good, they can be a mega drag..

^I love contradicting myself!

merkwannabe
02-23-2005, 05:10 PM
/con_ilastlines=15/erase_everything_ive_ever_said=1

Tik, Huggy, Chaotic, Shotgun Maniac, Pure Evil, and Die Hard-
This thread is a figment of your imagination.. When I count to three, you won't remember any of this!

Nitro
02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
can somebody say ACHILLES?

DiTomasso
02-23-2005, 05:35 PM
/con_ilastlines=15
should that not be =0, only you keep that beep. there is a command to switch that of to :D .

used it once but really missed it after a few seconds :D

DiTomasso
02-23-2005, 05:37 PM
ya.. It's true that it's just a few people who ruin the fun. But honestly, I haven't seen people as relentless as they've been these past few days ever! They won't stop.. Usually, they just leave when they start losing and not whine up a storm.

And Tik, I hate spawn killing in a normal game, but when you have a really good match going and your on a "roll" it's hard to maintain it when someone is invincible and slices you. :/ Spawn killing can be really fun. I just wait near rockets or grenades and instant kills! it's great in one sense! lol *I'll try to cut it down though in the future.. But in skilled matches where you're fighting someone really good, they can be a mega drag..

^I love contradicting myself!
The problem is that all the A##_oles are banned from alot of the servers, so they all go were they are not banned.

Think Outlaws are my favourite servers, despite ..........:thumbs:

EXEcution
02-24-2005, 12:49 AM
I think someone needs to make an exclusive server.
By that i mean a server thats password protected, only for the "good" players, and we can all have nice matches w/o the bs.

I think thats one solution to the "trashing" problem.

JIMINATOR
02-24-2005, 12:57 AM
but where would you play then? :hmmm: :P

sorry, but not enough people play sam for anything like that. :(

Slice
02-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Where is the whining baby smilie???? Oh well this one will do.:babe:

Nitro
02-24-2005, 03:27 AM
I think someone needs to make an exclusive server.
By that i mean a server thats password protected, only for the "good" players, and we can all have nice matches w/o the bs.

I think thats one solution to the "trashing" problem.
i guess that would eliminate 99% of the sam players :P

merkwannabe
02-24-2005, 04:10 AM
this one will do.:babe:Hey big guy! :babe:

Slice
02-24-2005, 06:32 AM
i guess that would eliminate 99% of the sam players :P
I will put up a private Sam server on the condition that everyone agrees to be civil to each other and also play with no aliases. The password can be posted here in this thread. If an outsider comes in and abuses the server I can ban the name and ip with out a problem. ;)

merkwannabe
02-24-2005, 06:46 AM
I will put up a private Sam server on the condition that everyone agrees to be civil to each other and also play with no aliases. The password can be posted here in this thread. If an outsider comes in and abuses the server I can ban the name and ip with out a problem. ;)no... dont waste your server for Sam...... Unless you really want to. I don't think it would work.. To have a full match, you have to count on a lot of players who aren't registered on GM . Even the Saints server has been getting less and less activity. I don't know why, but the Outlaws server is just the most popular.

It's a kind gesture.. Anyone have any opposing thoughts to what I just said on Slice's proposal? Maybe it would work..Discuss!:)

Die Hard
02-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Ever the selfish one. Go for it Slice :D

Nitro
02-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, the cool thing about what Slice is saying is that EVERYONE will have to play with tags. If you don't play with your tags, BOOM, your ass is gonna be banned. If you trashtalk, BOOM cya laterz. Good idea Slice that would be awesome. Maybe we will see more tags games finally :)

SHOTGUNmaniac
02-24-2005, 01:42 PM
sounds a good idea........ your choice though.

EXEcution
02-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Tags dont matter to me as much as knowing who the actual person is.
I think that there are enough good ssam players that would be willing to play on private server, w/o the spam, pups, and trashtalking.

Free Styler
02-24-2005, 06:08 PM
i think it's a great idea.Thrash talk and your out of here.they have that on utk4 and i think it's a very good thing.About wearing tags that's cool also.If you do make one you should call it old school server.

Nitro
02-24-2005, 07:15 PM
wearing tags is cool becuse instead of generic blue or w/e that color it is, theres tons of colors to please the eye

EXEcution
02-24-2005, 07:28 PM
wearing tags is cool becuse instead of generic blue or w/e that color it is, theres tons of colors to please the eye
i dont remember ssam being about eye pleasing....but ok :rolleyes:

DiTomasso
02-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Sounds good to me Slice, set things up.

second like that tag part :D

Nitro
02-24-2005, 07:47 PM
evangelion is right. The guy Black Cat, who is the Lysozyme clan said this.

look: http://img95.exs.cx/img95/6071/blackcattrashbinding6bu.jpg

Die Hard
02-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey Nitro, butter wouldn't melt huh...

Nitro
02-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Hey Nitro, butter wouldn't melt huh...
come agian?

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 04:24 AM
Look at you people!

Complaining about the game that you can play at least on your broadband connections while I have to sit here suffering on some extremely low-grade 56k (that's more like 28.8) unable to play Sam at all!

For shame! :bawling:

Slice
02-25-2005, 04:45 AM
no... dont waste your server for Sam...... Unless you really want to. I don't think it would work.. To have a full match, you have to count on a lot of players who aren't registered on GM . Even the Saints server has been getting less and less activity. I don't know why, but the Outlaws server is just the most popular.

It's a kind gesture.. Anyone have any opposing thoughts to what I just said on Slice's proposal? Maybe it would work..Discuss!:)
You sound a little scared of the idea... Why is it that I have funny feeling that you might be behind some of the nameless trashtalkers?

Anyhow the sever will go up. Look for it called Sam For Fun. The password will be sam. I will let it run for a bit. I will also put a time limit on the match of 45 min in case in the begining some idiots try to crash it. This way the map will still reset after 45 min. Oh and I will also batch it, so that if it does crash it will auto restart. Have fun and any complaints either pm me or post in this thread. Heck you may even see me play on it. ( don't count on it though) :P

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 04:51 AM
NO FAIR!!! :(

NOW that I have no broadband you put it up!

I will find a way to get both my computer working (this one I am on has a friggin' Vanta) and playing on my DSL connection again -- THIS I VOW!!

Just keep the server running Slice; I will find a way!!

ARRRRRRRIBA!!!

merkwannabe
02-25-2005, 04:55 AM
You sound a little scared of the idea... Why is it that I have funny feeling that you might be behind some of the nameless trashtalkers? I'm not one of the trashtalkers! :mad: If someone is being an idiot, I will ask them semi-offensive questions,(ex:Why are you so stupid?), and say less than complimentary comments,(go away, you're a fool!)! I like the idea of just playing. I don't like it to be too regulated, if that makes any sense. Like, sometimes I just like to use the sniper and camp! If it's a gamemecca only match, well then, I'd be annoying people I enjoy posting with instead of just aiming for my usual suspects like Lysozome! lol And I feel bad that you are using your server $$ to run a server that has a high potential to fail imho. Then again, perhaps it will be a success.
Bahahah!

Nitro
02-25-2005, 05:05 AM
Cool deal Slice.

When will it be up? :)
Good thing Dan now wears his GoDs tags :D

Slice
02-25-2005, 05:30 AM
I'm not one of the trashtalkers! :mad: If someone is being an idiot, I will ask them semi-offensive questions,(ex:Why are you so stupid?), and say less than complimentary comments,(go away, you're a fool!)! I like the idea of just playing. I don't like it to be too regulated, if that makes any sense. Like, sometimes I just like to use the sniper and camp! If it's a gamemecca only match, well then, I'd be annoying people I enjoy posting with instead of just aiming for my usual suspects like Lysozome! lol And I feel bad that you are using your server $$ to run a server that has a high potential to fail imho. Then again, perhaps it will be a success.
Bahahah!
The server isn't going to cost anything since the box is already paid for. This will be for the people who truely want to play with each other without all the crap. This is a no rules server as far as the game settings go. If you trash talk you are gone no exceptions. Either go to play they way the game was intended or stay out of the server. Suggestions are welcomed as to how you would like the server set up. (example, kills for the win, spawn time, etc...)

Nitro
02-25-2005, 06:10 AM
just my suggestions:

frags for win: 30
spawn time: 1 sec invulnerability
infinite ammo: no

DiTomasso
02-25-2005, 02:59 PM
come agian?
He meand:

Your keybinding, for example the one that says: Its payback time :D

DiTomasso
02-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Just for those who forgot this.......

open console >>> type:
/net_strConnectPassword: "password"

then login :D

He Is Legend
02-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Maps should be anything you want

I think the difficulty should be serious, hard is just gay..

infiniti ammo = no...rockets : )

He Is Legend
02-25-2005, 04:19 PM
I'd also like the pass :]

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I think it's actually supposed to be /net_strConnectPassword="password"

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 06:55 PM
And I like Nitro's suggestions.

PLEASE if you do anything PLEASE DON'T make it infinite ammo. Please please please!

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Look at you people!

Complaining about the game that you can play at least on your broadband connections while I have to sit here suffering on some extremely low-grade 56k (that's more like 28.8) unable to play Sam at all!

For shame! :bawling:

Do u think anyone here gives a **** about your BS lies? Pwned!

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 07:33 PM
NO FAIR!!! :(

NOW that I have no broadband you put it up!

I will find a way to get both my computer working (this one I am on has a friggin' Vanta) and playing on my DSL connection again -- THIS I VOW!!

Just keep the server running Slice; I will find a way!!

ARRRRRRRIBA!!!

:rolleyes:

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Maps should be anything you want

I think the difficulty should be serious, hard is just gay..

infiniti ammo = no...rockets : )

serious is for the queers

Hard is just right :cool:

EXEcution
02-25-2005, 07:41 PM
how about instead of posting thrice, you just triple qote?

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 07:45 PM
how about instead of posting thrice, you just triple qote?

thrice?? qote??? :rolleyes:

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Duck Tape??? :rolleyes:

EXEcution
02-25-2005, 08:25 PM
thrice?? qote??? :rolleyes:
nvm.... :rolleyes:
some people just lack intelligence....

Nitro
02-25-2005, 08:45 PM
yea i agree with *cough* here, Hard is the way to go

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Duck Tape??? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 10:51 PM
nvm.... :rolleyes:
some people just lack intelligence....

Here's one: EXEcution!

Pwned :D

Slice
02-26-2005, 03:57 AM
Server is up. Name is Frag For Fun (GODS)
Password is goodgame
IP 64.69.42.121
Frags to win is set to 30
Time limit is 45 min per round
Difficulty is Hard mode.
Maps are, Little Trouble, Lost Tomb, Yodeler, Fortress

Bandwidth has been set to 4500.

Hopefully it works out for a bit if not no biggy we are setting up a UT2004 server and a BF 1942 2 server once it finally comes out. Any abuse don't be afraid to pm me or post the name in this thread.

02-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Thanks for putting this up Slice. :thumbs:

Slice
02-26-2005, 04:17 AM
I just jumped in it and was getting a 165 ping which is good for Sam since it never measured ping right in the first place. Those of you on the west coast should see a huge ping decrease.

02-26-2005, 04:27 AM
I just jumped in it and was getting a 165 ping which is good for Sam since it never measured ping right in the first place. Those of you on the west coast should see a huge ping decrease.

Ping reads as either 16 :eek: or 32 in my server browser and my netgraph is the pic below. Very nice server! :thumbs:

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
02-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Nice Slice, very nice!:thumbs: :D

Nitro
02-26-2005, 04:41 AM
server works great :thumbs:

Stone Cold
02-26-2005, 06:06 AM
this is what I’m getting when I’m alone in there 228ms on this old machine….at least it’s running very smooth and no yellow/blue lag spikes like in other servers…TY!

OUTLAWS high ping camper
02-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks Slice, I'll check it out this evening. I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar players. :)

OK, I've dropped the console down right before clicking on start. In the console I've typed /net_strconnectpassword= "the password", used the quotation marks, closed the console, hit start, and I get the "this server requires a password" message.
What am I doing wrong?