PDA

View Full Version : The price we pay for clothes that aren't wet...

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 04:36 AM
Okay, I know this question isn't about computer hardware, but it's definately about hardware.

The tube that connects the back of our dryer to the outside is broken, so instead of all the hot and humid air blowing outside it's just blowing inside and filling the house.

So, does anyone know if the stuff blowing out the back is dangerous? Like, it doesn't contain any carbon monoxide, right? And, there's no real danger of fire or anything, right?

OUTLAWS high ping camper
02-25-2005, 04:49 AM
Chance of fire? Sort of. If that hose going outside had become plugged, your dryer would have overheated and caused the lint trap area to catch fire.
Right now all you have is hot air not being vented to the outside of your house (no harmfull chemical/toxins).

Nitro
02-25-2005, 05:07 AM
but you dont have a house...

JIMINATOR
02-25-2005, 05:17 AM
<$10 from home depot. replace the damn thing. venting it inside will likely cause the room to become very 'linty'

Slice
02-25-2005, 05:36 AM
Duct tape < $2 everywhere. If you have a hole in it wrap it with duct tape :)

Nitro
02-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Duct tape < $2 everywhere. If you have a hole in it wrap it with duct tape :)
duct tape fixes ANYTHING

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 06:23 PM
The dryer heat won't like melt the tape or anything, right?

BobtheCkroach
02-25-2005, 06:50 PM
The dryer heat won't like melt the tape or anything, right?

It's, um...Duct tape...intended for taping Ducts...which are pipes using for moving air...usually connected to a furnace...which makes air hot...

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Okay, I know this question isn't about computer hardware, but it's definately about hardware.

The tube that connects the back of our dryer to the outside is broken, so instead of all the hot and humid air blowing outside it's just blowing inside and filling the house.

So, does anyone know if the stuff blowing out the back is dangerous? Like, it doesn't contain any carbon monoxide, right? And, there's no real danger of fire or anything, right?

Duck Tape is the most cost efficient way to go...and if your not sure then visit your nearest hardware/appliance store and ask them....

it’s about time u step out of the "HOUSE" and get some fresh air :cool:

Alexis SC430
02-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Is this "duck tape" you speak of anything like "duct tape"? :D

JIMINATOR
02-25-2005, 08:50 PM
it is called by both names...

Mad Fox
02-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Fix the thing man

It never can be good when something that is suppose to go outside is now staying inside. I f the "stuff" from your toilet was collecting in your cellar u would get it fixed right?

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Is this "duck tape" you speak of anything like "duct tape"? :D

like Jiminator said its called both names:

Stone Cold
02-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Pwned ;) :P

ME BIGGD01
02-26-2005, 09:55 PM
sorry to lock this thread but it has nothing to do with computer hardware.

NightBreed
02-26-2005, 10:02 PM
If it's a gas dryer, make damn sure it's vented to the outside..

SPAWN
02-26-2005, 10:06 PM
i thought it was tape for ducks :confused:

for some unknown freakish reason

solid snake295
02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
i would get it fixed. there was a new house built down the street from me and they messed somthing up with their dryer venting. now they have a big burn mark on the side of their house from where it set on fire.

noldhor
02-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Okay, listen, i have an electrician formation. We dont speak about electricity here but I worked with stuffs like that too. Do not repair with duc tape or any other home made equipment. I saw some house burning here because of it. Go buy another tube, not the white one made of plastic but buy the silver tube, its made of aluminium i think. Its the best one you can have and its not expensive at all. Another thing, when installing the tube, do not bend it, try to make a good curve so the dryer will blow outside the heat, the heat will not stay in the tube, with time it could break your dryer.

Alexis SC430
02-27-2005, 01:21 AM
If it's a gas dryer, make damn sure it's vented to the outside..IT IS! :eek: I just looked behind it and there's like this extra pipe that looks like a gas pipe running into it!

Is that really bad then?? :confused:

OUTLAWS CHICO
02-27-2005, 06:22 AM
I was a Maintenance supervisor for apt. complexes for over 5 years. If you have a gas appliance you will need to get a dryer duct that is made from metal. Go to the hardware store and they will sell you the right one. But if it is electrical you can use duct tape but only as a temporary fix. Why waste your time on the temporary fix when the time and effort can fix it right for only a couple of dollars more. Also the people that are saying it might be a fire hazard are correct ( it is ). Fix it right and be safer by doing it.

NightBreed
02-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Chico's right...and since a gas dryer produces carbon monoxide,the vent needs to be air-tight..

Had any headaches lately ?? :confused: