PDA

View Full Version : NY Lan Party-

ME BIGGD01
02-27-2005, 05:32 AM
What's up peeps? As I mentioned at Lanwar, I was looking to host a lanparty here in NY. I have been doing some looking around on rooms to host this but I am going to need to know how many people are going to be interested and attend. I was considering renting a hotel conference room so that people who attend would be able to have a room in the same place. I am looking to do this probably in October of 2005 which would give some time to save for. I was also considering having the lan party catered the Saturday with some good old fashion Italian food from the best here in NY. I know there are a few already planning this trip and I will do more planning once I have some accuracy to the amount of people going to attend. I will be providing most of the equipment to set this up so there won't be any problem as far as that goes.
So depending on the amount of people that attends, I will be able to book the right size room and also make arrangements for people to have a place to stay.

Let me know if you are interested. I think for those that have never been to NY, may want to come and party. I may also have some suprises for the crew:thumbs:

Pure_Evil
02-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Only problem with Oct. is Lanwar 28, October 08, 2005 that's the one most people were talking about hitting next. Not sure what peeps will do.

NY is a stones throw away for me, so I'll be there. ( Probably with Moqarna, if I can wake his dead ass up, or get the ****er to answer the phone ) :D

Goober
02-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Hmmmm.....I would blow off LanWar just to be able to visit the Big Apple

Fragetti
02-27-2005, 03:55 PM
I will try to make that :) sounds good Bigg's

Nitro
02-27-2005, 04:37 PM
hmmm <_<

He Is Legend
02-27-2005, 05:25 PM
My birthplace...ahh Ney york

I'll have my drivers license in June...So Biggs im more than 60% positive ill be there ;)

LaSH
02-27-2005, 06:35 PM
well as BIGGs knows....me and the wife have already made plans on comeing up eneyways for vacation.......and we plan on bringing Goobe and his wife....lord knows this two women need a good vacation for what they have been threw these past months...cant wait BIGG....this is going to be great....as for LANwar......theirs always next years....

ME BIGGD01
02-27-2005, 07:52 PM
well i imagine i will be looking to get around 100 people to come. it won't be no where near as large as lanwar but the atmosphere will be there. i think the whole trip will be fun not just for the gaming but to chill in ny. i would like to hold friday night to show people manhattan if they want.

now once i can geta rough estimate on how many people are looking to go, i will be able to set arrangements. if any of you have friends that are interested, i say bring them. i know i will be able to gather up some new york gamers here to fill seats.

Lash-Goober--i know we have talked about this before and will be looking forward to your family coming up. I am sure people will know you are from america also:D .
chaotic, i hope your pops comes. i want to do shots of yager with him again.
Pure-this should be a hop skip and a jump for you guys to get here. you guys could actually leave on saturdy morning and get here on time:) . but i will need help with setting things up or have some staff doing it while we party:eek: .

ME BIGGD01
02-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I will try to make that :) sounds good Bigg'sfrag, i spoke to you already at lan war and will need some help by you. as far as equipment goes, i should have everything covered along with computers.

i will also have some spare computers incase some people don't want to lug their unit around. i know first hand that it can be a pain in the arse.

anyway i hope you will make it.

Pure_Evil
02-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Pure-this should be a hop skip and a jump for you guys to get here. you guys could actually leave on saturdy morning and get here on time:) . but i will need help with setting things up or have some staff doing it while we party:eek: .

And miss out on friday night :eek: you've GOT to be kidding me :cool:

Nitro
02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
What games are we going to be playing in the NY Lan Party?

Warhead
02-27-2005, 11:08 PM
As long as there will be some Unreal Tournament 2004 action, I'm interested. :thumbs:

As long as it's not the same time as LANWar 27.

Caged Anger
02-27-2005, 11:24 PM
would love to Biggs, but as I have no wheels of my own or a job, I will sadly be unable to attend. And even if i did, the folks would never agree to it...

ME BIGGD01
02-27-2005, 11:26 PM
As long as there will be some Unreal Tournament 2004 action, I'm interested. :thumbs:

As long as it's not the same time as LANWar 27.
ofcourse there will be ut:)

hell we may also have a checkers tournament:D .

i plan on having a major prize that may be worth competing for:thumbs:

Death Engineer
02-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Checkers? Count me in!! Seriously though, October is a bit far ahead in my calendar. I hardly know what I'm doing for dinner. :P Keep me posted on the details. Sounds like fun.

OUTLAWS Tip
02-28-2005, 05:05 AM
Sounds interesting. Only about a 2 hour drive for me. Depending on the date I probably could make it.

Checkers would be great.
:D

BobtheCkroach
02-28-2005, 05:23 AM
BIGG - sounds like a TON of fun, and I would love to, but NY is quite the drive (especially if you're on the NYC side of the state), one that would take more than a day each way (it's 7-8 hours to my buddy's house, who lives in Buffalo)...and i have school...so that could make it really hard. I won't promise anything, and I'll look into it as time goes on, b/c i think it would be a ton of fun. :thumbs:

I'll have to talk to PJ and see if he can go, too.

Aries
02-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Sounds good :thumbs:, but October is a no-no. School in Belgium starts in September so from then on I'm terribly busy...
I'll try to hop over the ocean somewhere in july or august though (most likely july)...at least that's what I hope to do

Black Rose
02-28-2005, 12:09 PM
wow sounds interesting... would love to go shopping in NY :wub:

Fragetti
02-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Lash
Sorry I missed your call. I am going to try my best to make it and I hope to bring my wife as well since there will be a few others. (sounds like a powder keg lol) having all those wifes togather :eek: . Hay She deservers a night on the town for sure. talk to ya soon.
Frag :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
02-28-2005, 03:11 PM
i doubt ill be able to go...i start school again in sept i think

ME BIGGD01
02-28-2005, 08:58 PM
wow sounds interesting... would love to go shopping in NY :wub:

rosie, i want you to take my wife shopping;)

T I K
02-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Sounds like a Blast !! :D , Though i cant make it - (bigg sigh!) HF n Cheers to you guys n gals :)

R-Nice of you to do all of that Biggs !! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Smooth[GummiBear]
03-02-2005, 07:24 PM
You all will miss lanwar? :( You all don't come very often as is :(

Pure_Evil
03-02-2005, 08:44 PM
']You all will miss lanwar? :( You all don't come very often as is :(

what makes you say that?

He Is Legend
03-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Whew..

big prize....i better be practicing ;)

leon
03-02-2005, 11:38 PM
I may be in the Yankee stadium in October. :D

SHOTGUNmaniac
03-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Man....Wish i lived closer!

Smooth[GummiBear]
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
what makes you say that?

The people earlier in this thread saying that they would miss lanwar for the lan.

and Warhead.. just to clarify.. Lanwar 27 is MML4.. lanwar 28 is the one in October. :D

Speaking of MML4 (Lanwar 28) tho.. I really hope lots of you make it. It's the biggest badest lan in the country. We are moving to the bigger hall this year due to the small hall not being able to hold more than 1,350 people. (How many MML3 had)

Warhead
03-03-2005, 08:04 PM
']and Warhead.. just to clarify.. Lanwar 27 is MML4.. lanwar 28 is the one in October. :D
Right you are - odd numbering system. :P

I'll be at LANWar 26, and I'm definitely planning on MML4. I plan to bring a dedicated server to LW26 to run DuelMut, since there were no dedicated duel servers at the last one (other than the tournament servers). It will also have AM/TAM, latest UTComp, and all the custom maps I've got on my rented server (a respectable maplist, IMO). Looking forward to it!

Arwen
03-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I can only attend one of the Lans in October because of work issues and if I had to choose, I'd probably go to the one in NY. We shall see.

A-Wal
03-11-2005, 03:59 PM
As long as you don't have the two lans schedualed at the same time, then I see no reason why I couldn't be at both. It's been years since I walked the streets of NY!