PDA

View Full Version : Blueprint Ideas?

SALvation
02-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Anyone know a site with some blueprint ideas for finishing a basement? I decided I want to start finishing the basement and I have a completely blank slate to work with. It's basically 1900 sq ft in a rectangle shape with no interior walls. Its tough coming up with the rooms and features I want so any sites that have good ideas would be welcome.

Die Hard
03-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I wanted to put www.finishingthebasement.com but then I thought you would get mad, so I didn't.

Sorry Sal. :D

::: DARK PSI :::
03-02-2005, 01:46 AM
Be creative sally. Geesh.. try first.. then look at a plan.

Slice
03-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Anyone know a site with some blueprint ideas for finishing a basement? I decided I want to start finishing the basement and I have a completely blank slate to work with. It's basically 1900 sq ft in a rectangle shape with no interior walls. Its tough coming up with the rooms and features I want so any sites that have good ideas would be welcome.
I would say first start with what you need the most of your basement, then work around that. Make the basement work for you. Don't worry about reseller for your basement layout, since they will all be false walls (non structure supporting) anyways.

03-02-2005, 02:36 AM
It may also be smart to visit a few of the model homes around your area. Get some ideas from others. I would also write down every room you want to have down there... and then plan on the relationship to each... ie. Don't put the bathroom next to your kitchen area... unless you are into that. :)

Just whatever you do, do not close it all in.. make it feel open... kinda like mine.

03-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Oh and don't forget your storage area. You will miss it if you don't put one in.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
03-02-2005, 04:24 AM
basement? Whats a basement?

03-02-2005, 04:41 AM
A place you put dead bodi... whoops.. nevermind.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
03-02-2005, 12:26 PM
A place you put dead bodi... whoops.. nevermind.

OK Mr. Gacy