PDA

View Full Version : Cracks and Key Generators

Caged Anger
03-02-2005, 02:40 AM
take it easy all you admins. This isn't a thread to talk about what ones to get or the such. This is merely something that puzzles an honorable computer user.

Key generators and cracks are illegal and highly despised because they do nothing but cause the prices of products to go higher. Yet wherever, one should go to a search engine and types in such key words, multitudes of pages come up. Whats the deal? How can google legally advertise for something illegal?

He Is Legend
03-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Good question

Slice
03-02-2005, 03:51 AM
Google isn't advertising for them, the site is themselves. Google is merely a medium in which you obtain information. Look at them like a gigantic phone book. All the companies that are listed in the phone book as well as all the people may or not be legit but that is for you to decide.

Nitro
03-02-2005, 09:26 PM
everything is overpriced anyway, i dont think its cuz of all the cracks and key gens

SALvation
03-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I never could understand how people could claim something was "overpriced" when they have no idea the costs of making the product. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't.

Death Engineer
03-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Serious Sam was just about right for me @$15. I have less of an issue with games than I do with music CDs selling for $15 a pop.

The answer to the original posters question is that google is simply a webcrawler. It hops from link to link gathering information about each website it visits. The content is less important to google than the data itself.

Also, key cracking, code hacking, etc. can be a fun hobby (albeit illegal when used when licensing does not allow). I have dabbled in it some myself. It's a challenge with a well defined goal. The satisfaction of knowing that you were able to solve a puzzle that was specifically designed to not be solved is a good feeling.

Slice
03-02-2005, 11:51 PM
I never could understand how people could claim something was "overpriced" when they have no idea the costs of making the product. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't.
That is very true. People aren't in business just to make people happy. They need to make a profit otherwise what is the point. Even not for profit companies make a profit, it is just a slick title to get more people to give them money.

Nitro
03-04-2005, 12:11 AM
I'll explain it to you. Different people consider different things overpriced. For example, take a college student who's broke. A $50 game is definitely overpriced for him, therefore, he won't be able to get it. A 32 year old Lawyer would say 50 bucks is chump change and buy the game immediately without thinking about 5 easy payments of 9.99 or w/e plan.

FlameRush
03-04-2005, 01:16 AM
That is very true. People aren't in business just to make people happy. They need to make a profit otherwise what is the point. Even not for profit companies make a profit, it is just a slick title to get more people to give them money.
Good point, if I were a game devoloper, I would make a game souly for the players to like, it should be the same outcome with selling highly priced games, but easier profit, say make a game that lasts a week even by the best player om the world, sell for 40 bucks, the game will sell like halflife possibly...
I could care less about money, later on competition by other companies like EA Games

Edit: Id hope to see someone put a crap name for a game, like Underground Racing League 2005, make it like nfsu, but possibly better, be a Gran Turismo map mix, and sell like hell, Deus Ex 1 was alot better than Deus Ex 2, Deus Ex to me at first was a basic title when I didnt know it meant, I think I read it as the thinker of all outcome, woulda sounded like a japanese samurai game, but I liked it enough to say it was a good title...
This is just my opinion about games, Im not completely sure how stuff run, but I do know what I say, so it could sound all screwed up

Slice
03-04-2005, 01:29 AM
I'll explain it to you. Different people consider different things overpriced. For example, take a college student who's broke. A $50 game is definitely overpriced for him, therefore, he won't be able to get it. A 32 year old Lawyer would say 50 bucks is chump change and buy the game immediately without thinking about 5 easy payments of 9.99 or w/e plan.
There is no point to that statement. What you are saying is you can't afford it, not that it is overpriced. I also doubt Salvation needed it explained to him. :babe:

Caged Anger
03-04-2005, 02:15 AM
okay, try this one then. Google isn't advertising for them, but they are there and easy to find. So how are they still operating without consequences?

EXEcution
03-04-2005, 02:23 AM
its really not their fault, u type in an keyword and you will get results, just like any other search engine, its not quite smart enough to distinguish bad sites from good ones (cuz it looks for keywords programmed into the coding of the site)
anthing can be easy to find if u know exactly what you're looking for..

Slice
03-04-2005, 02:38 AM
okay, try this one then. Google isn't advertising for them, but they are there and easy to find. So how are they still operating without consequences?
Why are we making Goolge the bad guy? It is the same with all search engines. Also certain subjects are legal in other countries, hence World Wide Web. So if you access a site let's say in the Netherlands where like almost everything is legal, you get results based on their laws.

Death Engineer
03-04-2005, 03:02 AM

Because information is not illegal.

PJ'l_Master
03-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Google isn't advertising for them, the site is themselves. Google is merely a medium in which you obtain information. Look at them like a gigantic phone book. All the companies that are listed in the phone book as well as all the people may or not be legit but that is for you to decide.

good answer

JIMINATOR
03-04-2005, 03:07 AM
google has a numeric search feature. at one point people were able to specify ranges of credit card numbers and pull down webpages with cc#s. anyway google indexes content. they don't create content. Its like if you were to pay for a website and put illegal content up, it is your responsibility, not the guy doing the hosting (although they can be liable if they are aware) or the company providing the host the connection to the internet. anyway there are lots of google hacks. a popular one is to do a search for home cams that people have....