03-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Check this out:

Fragetti
03-08-2005, 03:05 AM
holy chit batman!

JIMINATOR
03-08-2005, 03:26 AM
mine's not quite that big.... :)

damn, imagine how hard it would be to catch one that big....

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Dang what the length and weight ?

KAT
03-08-2005, 05:12 AM
Nice catch......will have to find the pic of my mom with a 107lb BlueCat

Die Hard
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
:funny: High Ping, look at the face of the small guy.

It's like "Oh Sh1t I'm going to drop this thing any second.":rofl:

FUS1ON
03-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Those catfish are friggin huge! :eek:

I watched some show where guys would swim down, stick their arm into a underwater structure like a log and feel to see if a fish was in there, if there was, they would stick their arm in the catfish's mouth, it would bite down and they would drag it up to the surface ... they had suth'n ooops excuse me, Southern accents, we do things just a little different down here. :D

Pure_Evil
03-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Were those swimming around the discharge for the Nuclear power plant? :eek:

Doc Holliday
03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
hey sho...thats called box fishing... my cousins in mississippi do it every summer...its a rush watching em go underwater for cpl mins and bring up 2 30 lbs channel cats by hand.. nice catch HPC

OUTLAWS high ping camper
03-09-2005, 01:04 AM
hey sho...thats called box fishing... my cousins in mississippi do it every summer...its a rush watching em go underwater for cpl mins and bring up 2 30 lbs channel cats by hand.. nice catch HPC

whoa there pardner.....not my "catch". :D

someone at work emailed me the pic, the email said the fish was approx 27 years old!

Bingo
03-09-2005, 04:37 AM
I watched some show where guys would swim down, stick their arm into a underwater structure like a log and feel to see if a fish was in there, if there was, they would stick their arm in the catfish's mouth, it would bite down and they would drag it up to the surface

It's also referred to as Catfish Noodling, as Doc said.

Here's a google link with several sites.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=catfish+noodling&spell=1

Notice too, that one of them is the Snopes site stating that many of the pictures, including the one HPC posted, are NOT from catfish noodlers as is credited on some of the first listed sites, but rather are Asian Catfish.

Still friggin HUGE catfish!! Snopes quote: "such as the Mekong giant catfish, which can weigh as much as 650 pounds and measure up to 10 feet in length." Cripes!!

B

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Aint no way I'm sticking anything but a knife into one of those bad boys. And only if it is already cooked.