PDA

View Full Version : The Second in A Number of Important Announcements

Caged Anger
03-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Okay, time for an update!!!

We have now sent out almost 10 emails to various companies and anticipate their replies with great anticipation. We sent some to tech places like creative and HP. We also wrote a few to vehicle manufacturers.

Good news!!! We've gotten automated responses from Creative Labs and HP. HP is reviewing our advertising plan and Creative has advised that it is currently not sponsoring any events. Hey, at least we got a few answers...lol

Will get back to you again soon, hopefully with more replies!

Alexis SC430
03-13-2005, 02:24 AM
What was the first annoucement? What the heck are you even talking about?

Nitro
03-13-2005, 02:34 AM
What was the first annoucement? What the heck are you even talking about?
thats exactly what i want to know

Caged Anger
03-13-2005, 02:37 AM
comeon guys!!! you gotta remember Fox and My plan for our cross country trip that we will finace with corporate sponsorship? Search for it in past OT threads, i just dug up the first one a couple weeks ago

Alexis SC430
03-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Nope, doesn't ring a bell... and I don't see it anywhere...

FUS1ON
03-13-2005, 03:19 AM
http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63494

Death Engineer
03-13-2005, 03:31 AM
Please examine the third option. Please read the following link about the differences between "your" and "you're."

www.dictionary.com

Nitro
03-13-2005, 03:46 AM
me and my friends are actually having a road trip from where we live in new york all the way to the Lake Tahoe area in Cali to snowboard this summer
it will be about a month long trip im guessing

its gonna be super wicked

BobtheCkroach
03-13-2005, 04:19 AM
Please examine the third option. Please read the following link about the differences between "your" and "you're."

www.dictionary.com

Awesome. Nice Job, DE!

Speedsweeper
03-13-2005, 12:26 PM

www.dictionary.com

For goodness sake, is spelling such a big deal to you? :rolleyes:

Goober
03-13-2005, 01:50 PM
For goodness sake, is spelling such a big deal to you? :rolleyes:
DE is just trying to help everyone improve themselves, so that they may be better understood by their (not they're) fellow Gamemeccians.

Good luck Nitro and Fox in your (not you're) quest for funding.

I forget DE, aren't (not ain't) you an english teacher or something in that area?

Nitro
03-13-2005, 04:19 PM
i fugred it will only cost around 1,000 for each person so thats not that bad. i can maybe find spare change around the house :D

EXEcution
03-13-2005, 04:40 PM
quit being lazy and get jobs!

Alexis SC430
03-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I did get a job!

And yeah, nothing is more annoying (almost nothing anyway) than someone not using "your" and "you're" properly.

merkwannabe
03-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I did get a job!

And yeah, nothing is more annoying (almost nothing anyway) than someone not using "your" and "you're" properly.your right.

Alexis SC430
03-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Grrrrr... you're asking for it, Phil!

He Is Legend
03-13-2005, 10:32 PM
0mg wuld yll plz lern hw0 to spel plz

lol, j/k..Love ya De :D

NightBreed
03-13-2005, 11:43 PM
your right.

:funny: :wootrock:

Caged Anger
03-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Okay, if we're all done with the grammer lesson, here is a short update.

Have received more replies, one was a no but thanks anyway. The other said that they were interested and would review it in the coming week. Shows promise so we are both hopeful.

Alexis SC430
03-14-2005, 02:01 AM
You spelled "grammar" wrong... :D

Death Engineer
03-14-2005, 03:48 AM
DE is just trying to help everyone improve themselves, so that they may be better understood by their (not they're) fellow Gamemeccians.

Good luck Nitro and Fox in your (not you're) quest for funding.

I forget DE, aren't (not ain't) you an english teacher or something in that area?

Bah. I'm a software engineer. But I was brought up to know how to use a dictionary and to appreciate good communication skills. One of those is skills is using the language to express yourself in an articulate way.

It's not just me that cares, it is your future employer, your future wife, your future kids, etc.

merkwannabe
03-14-2005, 04:03 AM
Grrrrr... you're asking for it, Phil!hahahaha!

Pure_Evil
03-14-2005, 12:50 PM
You spelled "grammar" wrong... :D
:hmmm: sometimes... she's almost likeable :D

Speedsweeper
03-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Bah. I'm a software engineer. But I was brought up to know how to use a dictionary and to appreciate good communication skills. One of those is skills is using the language to express yourself in an articulate way.

It's not just me that cares, it is your future employer, your future wife, your future kids, etc.

Whatever....................... :D

Alexis SC430
03-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Pure... that's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me... :o

Free Styler
03-14-2005, 07:18 PM
i fau savioir jaser in bon quebecoé

cen ca cé pa du vra de vra.

mor construit se pas quan sa fermé sa boite.

Good luck translating.

Only a few here will undertsand and your online translater wont do any good about that.

Maybe merk will undertsand hard to say? do you merk

Caged Anger
03-18-2005, 01:15 AM
GUYS!!! very good news!!!!

apparently one of the companies has taken an interest because they sent us a reply with a phone number to talk to a representative of the company. Things are definately getting good!!!

Aries
03-18-2005, 03:27 AM
GUYS!!! very good news!!!!

apparently one of the companies has taken an interest because they sent us a reply with a phone number to talk to a representative of the company. Things are definately getting good!!!

you better shape up ! ;-)

Caged Anger
03-18-2005, 03:29 AM
huh? what do you mean?

Mad Fox
03-18-2005, 09:25 PM
i fau savioir jaser in bon quebecoé

cen ca cé pa du vra de vra.

mor construit se pas quan sa fermé sa boite.

Good luck translating.

Only a few here will undertsand and your online translater wont do any good about that.

Maybe merk will undertsand hard to say? do you merk

NO ONE CARES! J/k lol

Caged Anger
03-19-2005, 01:15 AM
okay.....(twitch)....(twitch)....spent 1/2 and hour on the phone this morning. First talked to a rep who could find no reference to my email anywhere on the system. I then proceded to call a different number upon request of the rep. I then proceeded to spend a large amount of time pressing numbers for different extensions which enevitably sent me back where i started...stupid automated systems....

WHERE HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE GONE??? I HATE TALKING TO MACHINES!!!!!

Slice
03-19-2005, 01:50 AM

Good for you, really no need to impose on everyone here though. I don't really want to come to a place where if I spell something wrong or am not gramatically correct having a nun with a ruler slap my hand every time I do it. It's getting pretty old if you ask me. Also, nobody cares.