PDA

View Full Version : Home Sweet Home (almost)

Goober
03-13-2005, 10:29 PM
As some of you know we started a new house last month. We got the footers poured Feb 15 and with all the rain we are just now getting the basement walls up and bricked. Hopefully sometime in the summer we will get to move into it.
The first picture is of my wife keeping a close eye on the masons. The second is of the back of the house after it was bricked.

He Is Legend
03-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Good job Goob :D

hope it goes well

Aries
03-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Good luck :thumbs:

so they do build brick homes in the USA :-p

Pure_Evil
03-13-2005, 11:03 PM
woot! Don't forget to run all the networking cable before they sheet rock!

Game in every room :D

or at least pron :P :thumbs:

Fragetti
03-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Lookin Good Goober !

SPAWN
03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
looking nice goob. a few hottubs, pool tables, big screens. that place will be rocking :woohoo: :wootrock: :wootrock: :thumbs:

SnipeXR
03-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Nice to know they still use brick. Most homes are bulit out of plywood with a stucko overlay. Cool Man looks great and strong!

S3ph!|20th
03-14-2005, 01:07 AM
u can not trust those masons! heh

Die Hard
03-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Looking good Goob. And great views too! :thumbs:

Warhead
03-14-2005, 03:08 PM
{DS}SnipeXR
"Death is only the Begining"

There's two Ns in beginning, Snipe. :P :D

BlackWolf
03-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Nice :thumbs:

so u are building ur own sheep farm sounds pretty kewl :D

Warhead
03-14-2005, 04:01 PM
so u are building ur own sheep farm sounds pretty kewl :D
Oh, w00t!! I didn't know there was gonna be a sheep farm, too!! Goob, PM me with your address once this thing is up and running - would love to stop by for a "recreational holiday" with teh sheepies!! :D

Goober
03-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Shhhh...the sheep farm is a secret, something of a violation of the Subdivision restrictions.

Now to answer some of the previous comments. Most of the house will be brick, some of it will have vinyl siding (mainly dependant on how much work I do in the next few months) Brick is around $5 per square foot(installed) and vinyl is a little over $1 per sq. ft.
Every room (except the bathrooms) will have a network plug in it. My office will have at least three. I might keep my wireless access point to feed the screened in deck, or I may just put a plug there too. I found a good site on how to link it all together including phones (3 lines) home, office and fax, and my cable tv Home Network (http://www.swhowto.com/HomeNetWiring_Ch1.htm)

I am trading work with some of the contractors here. I traded a 17 acre survey with one of the excavators I work with for clearing the 1.25 acres and digging the basement and footers. I am surveying 32 acres for another Excavator which should take care of my septic field and site grading. Next week I am doing a survey for a finish carpenter which will take care of hanging my cabinets and doors and maybe some of the trim. All I need now is to find a plumber and roofer who need a survey ROFL.

Arwen
03-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Oh, w00t!! I didn't know there was gonna be a sheep farm, too!! Goob, PM me with your address once this thing is up and running - would love to stop by for a "recreational holiday" with teh sheepies!! :D

Well dang, Warhead, first goats, now sheep??? What's next, alligators?? :P :eek: :D

Warhead
03-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Well dang, Warhead, first goats, now sheep??? What's next, alligators?? :P :eek: :D
You should be next, Arwen... PM me if you're interested. :)

Die Hard
03-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Hope you find a good Plumber Goob. Over here they are like Rocking Horse Poo!

Pure_Evil
03-15-2005, 11:09 AM
:jammin:

*Kudos to WH and his 1337 response :thumbs:

Arwen
03-15-2005, 05:41 PM

No comment. I absolutely refuse to say anything in response to the above statement.

Good luck with the house building, Goober, keep us updated!

PJ'l_Master
03-18-2005, 05:29 PM
woot! Don't forget to run all the networking cable before they sheet rock!

Game in every room :D

or at least pron :P :thumbs:

I FRIGGEN HATE DOING DRYWALL!!!!

anyways...the house looks good goob