PDA

View Full Version : Volcano High!!

Thundarr
03-18-2005, 06:43 AM
OK, I'm not a huge rap fan or anything, but I do looooove a good kung fu movie... I was woken up in the middle of the night last week, could not fall back to sleep and changed the channel to MTV for some unknown reason... Saw this (http://www.mtv.com/onair/volcano_high/) movie complete with annoying ring tone ads and all and loved it!!!! A kung fu movie with rap folks doing the voice overs, heh, sounds bad, but not IMHO!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: This movie comes out on DVD on 3/22/05. I highly suggest checking it out, especially if you enjoy the wire tricks like in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.... I plan to buy the DVD, personally.... :thumbs:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
03-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up Thundar. I loooooooove Kung Fu movies. :thumbs:

noldhor
03-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Cool, thx thundar:)

I like it too, I like to watch Spike tv here, thers a program called Films of fury, only movies about martial arts, actions and fighting, very cool!

BobtheCkroach
03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon rocks! Did you guys see Hero? Incredible...I'm really excited right now...my friend had House of Flying Daggers sent to him from China...and I just borrowed it, so I'll be watching that very soon!

Of course, though it's not the same style/fully kung fu - Kill Bill rocks!

and did you hear that Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair is coming to theaters in the fall? The original, unedited version - and all in 1 film! 4 straight hours of Tarantino brilliance!

Thanks for the Tip, Thundarr - I'll be checking that out.

Thundarr
03-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon rocks! Did you guys see Hero? Incredible...I'm really excited right now...my friend had House of Flying Daggers sent to him from China...and I just borrowed it, so I'll be watching that very soon!

Of course, though it's not the same style/fully kung fu - Kill Bill rocks!

and did you hear that Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair is coming to theaters in the fall? The original, unedited version - and all in 1 film! 4 straight hours of Tarantino brilliance!

Thanks for the Tip, Thundarr - I'll be checking that out.

I am all about the Kung Fu flix... Kung Fu Hustle coming soon, that sounds like a hoot! I had Hero on Netflix but my BF sent it back before I watched it by mistake, boooo.... House of Flying Daggers, I've got to see, CT-HD was great!!! If you are interested, there is an older Jet Li movie that is one of my absolute favorites, Twin Warriors, it features him using Tai Chi, pretty rare to see in this type of film, but since my BF practices Tai Chi, I was excited to see it featured in a movie... :thumbs: