PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my car

Aries
03-18-2005, 08:17 PM
I drive a Skoda Octavia Combi 2002 special series "Advantage" Ambiente 1.9 TDI 81kw 110hp, Digital Airco 'Climatronic', Deep sea blue metallic, 17" Aluminium Alloys by Borbet.

Skoda, originally a Czech brand is since a few years under the wings of the German Volkswagen company...therefore the car shares (among many other parts) its chassis with the Golf IV or the VW Jetta (american name)/Bora

Aries
03-18-2005, 08:21 PM
:woohoo:

Aries
03-18-2005, 08:23 PM
:cool: :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
03-18-2005, 08:26 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cool_shades.gif Nice! :thumbs:

Aries
03-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Advantage version features the digital airco Climatronic

JIMINATOR
03-18-2005, 10:30 PM
congrats! enjoy the drive!!

solid snake295
03-18-2005, 10:59 PM
nice :thumbs:
i bet you could swap a VW VR6 turbo engine into that :D

Mad Fox
03-18-2005, 11:32 PM
I hope you haven't been speeding!LOL

FUS1ON
03-18-2005, 11:34 PM
That's a pretty sporty looking grocery getter :thumbs:

Aries
03-18-2005, 11:47 PM

:Hmmm: that would be quite an experiment...

maybe you could try a W8 or W12 Phaeton swap but that would be ultra-expensive and you would probably have to rebuilt nearly everything around it

I'll keep mine original though (the tax climate in Belgium isn't friendly on high performance engines)

Skoda has a pumped up version of the Octavia in their catalog : the Octavia RS (which uses the 1.8T with 180hp)

Slice
03-19-2005, 02:34 AM
Congrats! Nothing like driving a new car, the smell, the feel.....

Fragetti
03-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Sweet Aries :thumbs: Is that all wheel drive?

I see you when for the wagon....... for all those late night dates :D

good luck with her
Congrats
Frag

Dan2
03-19-2005, 04:51 AM
Congrats on your new ride, Aries!!!:thumbs:

Aries
03-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Sweet Aries :thumbs: Is that all wheel drive?

I see you when for the wagon....... for all those late night dates :D

good luck with her
Congrats
Frag

nope it's not the 4x4 version but yes, they also got that in the Skoda Octavia catalog. I don't go offroad and no need for higher fuel consumption...mine's a front wheel drive.

on the 'wagon' aspect, you seem to see right through me Frag :cool: :rolleyes:

Fragetti
03-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Front wheel drive will work fine in the snow :)

If you dont mind me asking what does something like that set you back?

SHOTGUNmaniac
03-19-2005, 11:15 PM

V6 4Motion sounds better...

Aries
03-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Front wheel drive will work fine in the snow :)

If you dont mind me asking what does something like that set you back?

believe it or not, but also for the snow driving I found some pics :-p

@ Slice and Dan2 I'll consider it a compliment that by the looks of my car you judge it to be a new one :-p...but at the moment they have a next generation model out (based on the Golf V platform instead of the Golf IV in my case)

This brings me to Frag's price question: The first generation (the original and the facelifted one) Octavia has in Europe managed to convince an increasing number of people who made the rational choice of buying VW technology at a lower price because of the Skoda badge (before VW bought Skoda, the Czech brand was associated with basic little comfort cars... and placed next to a brand such as Russian Lada)

So before the take-over Skoda didn't have a chique or special image
VW took over and borrowed its German engineering know-how and quality supply of various 'technical organs' (chassis, TDI engine technology, genuine parts).

Thanks to that quality injection the brand was reborn

People with rational judgement started to look past the non-fancy image of Skoda and started to value the quality content...which VW priced lower to convince people to put aside their inhibitions concerning the 'image' of driving a skoda

Mouth to mouth advertising spread the word about the good price/quality ratio of Skoda and such a number of people were convinced that the Skoda market share was affecting the internal competition at VW...for example people who used to buy a VW Passat were now choosing similar VW quality in a Skoda for a much cheaper price

Nowadays VW has its most modern car factory of Europe in the Czech country complete with a design and research centre. A remarkable result of the design investments is the Skoda Tudor concept car (which will presumably lead to a new VW Passat Coupe)
On top of the continuous technological VW rebuilt the brand's image slowly through clever campaigns. Skoda is now a brand with a distinguished character (slogan "simply clever")
The cars of the next generation Octavia use the most modern technology (FSI engines, VW Golf V platform) and move up in comfort and quality of materials (interior)
Unfortunately these evolutions also result in a higher pricing...As Skoda is becoming a reborn brand with a distinguished character and as it's cars are increasing in comfort, so does the price-level raise.
Therefore the next generation Octavia (called New Octavia, Octavia II or O2)
is becoming almost as expensive as the other VW products or brands from established rival manufacturers. As the new 'image' gets more prominent...the rational price benefit for the same quality begins to fade!

Skoda still pertains a uniqueness in the remarkable strategy that the New Generation Octi II is sold next to the former model Octi I. Thus you can still buy a newly built first generation model with nice equipment packages at an attractive price.

Skoda UK price list for the Octavia 1U (generation one) newly built ones
http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/showroom/octavia/pricing.aspx

Skoda UK price list for the new generation Octavia (II)
http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/showroom/newoctavia/pricing.aspx

Aries
03-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Skoda Tudor Design Concept

VW will probably reclaim this for their own badge since it turned out quite nicely

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/skoda/skoda_tudor_2002_03_m.jpg

http://www.autotudos.hu/kep_02_04_skoda_tudor_2_nagy.jpg

http://www.autotudos.hu/cikk_02_02_skoda_tudor.htm

Yes, they really made the prototype
http://www.autointell.com/european_companies/volkswagen/skoda/skoda-tudor/skoda-tudor-2002.htm

Aries
03-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Skoda New Octavia model

http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/showroom/newoctavia/gallery1.aspx

::: DARK PSI :::
03-20-2005, 02:40 PM
OMG I completely agree.. oh silly me.. you were talking about a car.

Seriously though, that car has VW written all over it. Is this company a sister company of VW?

Congrats! Nothing like driving a new car, the smell, the feel.....

OUTLAWS Tip
03-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Nice station-wagon.
:P

Aries
03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
OMG I completely agree.. oh silly me.. you were talking about a car.

Seriously though, that car has VW written all over it. Is this company a sister company of VW?

In 1991 the Skoda Auto company fused with VW...according to this link VW owns 70% of the shares and the Czech state 30%. It is now one of the many brands from VW-group's portfolio

http://www.autointell-news.com/european_companies/volkswagen/skoda/skoda.htm

Skoda has a greater history (since 1895) in the making of cars than VW however

http://www.skoda-auto.com/global/history/company/

EXEcution
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
/note to self: Never meet Lev in person!
Nice car Aries! I perfer smaller ones tho :D

Alexis SC430
03-20-2005, 08:40 PM
That's just 'cause you're poor, EXE... I know the feeling.

The only SC430 I'll ever have is the one in my name here. :bawling:

merkwannabe
03-21-2005, 01:45 AM
That's just 'cause you're poor, EXE... I know the feeling.

The only SC430 I'll ever have is the one in my name here. :bawling:I doubt it.. If it means that much to you, I'm sure in 5-10 years you'll be able to get one without changing your financial stability completley around.

SALvation
03-21-2005, 02:28 AM
I have a Jetta turbo with that nice 1.8T engine and I can tell you it definitely can take off. :)

Thundarr
03-22-2005, 04:28 AM
VW, Toureg, I would love one of those!! I had a 1988 VW Golf 4D one of the nicest driving vehicles I've driven to date!! Nice car Aries!! :thumbs:

Aries
03-22-2005, 12:45 PM
VW, Toureg, I would love one of those!! I had a 1988 VW Golf 4D one of the nicest driving vehicles I've driven to date!! Nice car Aries!! :thumbs:

Touareg ;-)

here's a photoshop conversion of a Touareg into a Skoda Suv

http://forums.thecarfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=2103

(I hope the link to TheCarFanatics forum is not breaking the rules :eek: )

Die Hard
03-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Aries, please don't hate me but I don't see what all the fuss is about with your car. I mean it's a Skoda Estate. Probably fine for getting from A-B in an average kind of way, economic, low priced motoring. But that's all.

Now if you were to post that your new car was, well, something exciting. You know; like it was quick, had suberb handling, great gadgets, a rare model etc then I could understand why.

But it doesn't. It's just an average, every day sort of car that lots and lots of people own.

I guess I'm just a car snob. :o

Pure_Evil
03-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Aries, please don't hate me but I don't see what all the fuss is about with your car. I mean it's a Skoda Estate. Probably fine for getting from A-B in an average kind of way, economic, low priced motoring. But that's all.

Now if you were to post that your new car was, well, something exciting. You know; like it was quick, had suberb handling, great gadgets, a rare model etc then I could understand why.

But it doesn't. It's just an average, every day sort of car that lots and lots of people own.

me wonders if DH is related to my Ex-wife, she's a fun vampire too!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bat01.gif

Die Hard
03-22-2005, 03:49 PM
:hmmm: A fun Vampire. Well yes I guess I could be.

I want it all and I want it now :devil:

Pure_Evil
03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
:hmmm: A fun Vampire. Well yes I guess I could be.

I want it all and I want it now :devil:
:eek: damn... that's exactly how she was when she left, all I did was say "no" and game over...

yup, just like her... except you're sexier :P ;)

Die Hard
03-22-2005, 04:08 PM
:wub:

Thundarr
03-23-2005, 05:51 AM

He won't hate you for taking the wind out of his sails, but when you've waited to buy a car as long as he has, this is a MAJOR milestone. Congrats to Aries!! :thumbs: :thumbs: Teaching is not the highest paying profession in the world, you know... :P However, if you are good at it, I would have to say it's one of the most important professions!!!

Die Hard
03-23-2005, 09:12 AM
He won't hate you for taking the wind out of his sails, but when you've waited to buy a car as long as he has, this is a MAJOR milestone.
Well I left my pyschic powers at home yesterday. But it's OK, my work colleauge has brought his Crystal Ball in today so all will be fine! :banghead: :banghead:

Thundarr
03-26-2005, 04:48 AM
Well I left my pyschic powers at home yesterday. But it's OK, my work colleauge has brought his Crystal Ball in today so all will be fine! :banghead: :banghead:

No no, it was a magic 8 ball!! LOL Hugs, Die Hard!! :)

Die Hard
03-26-2005, 11:45 AM
No no, it was a magic 8 ball!! LOL Hugs, Die Hard!! :)
Hugs back at you :)