PDA

View Full Version : Linksys Help

blydy
03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm computer simple but am trying to set up a home network.

I have the Linksys Broadband Wireless Router connected to the downstairs computer and it appears to be working.

When I install teh Linksys wireless card in the second compter it does nothing. According to the instructions, once the card is installed in the computer and the computer restarts it should say "found new hardware".

This is not happening so I'm that is the first problem. Is there a command or string of commands I can use to get the computer to seach for new hardware?

I am sure I have installed it correctly.

THANKS!

Grimmy
03-27-2005, 12:52 AM
One thing to check is that plug n play is enabled. I am not sure what OS you are using or any of the specs of the computer.

I had a bud at work experience the same thing, he was running win98 and he needed 98se or newer for his wireless card to work. Once he fixed the OS problem, the card was recognized and went smooth from there.

ME BIGGD01
03-27-2005, 05:54 AM
for some reason i have this strange feeling you are not serious or need help. while i am sure there will be others to help you i am sorry to say i refuse to bother because game mecca has become nothing more but a site for retards to create multiple accounts because they do not have a life. i am sorry if this seems harsh but 1st post to ask for help about a linksys seems strange to me and if i am wrong well i can accept that.