PDA

View Full Version : Pope dies, supposedly a sad day...

Alexis SC430
04-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Well, the Pope is dead.

Being that I am technically Catholic (I was raised that way and baptised and confirmed and everything) I am feeling pretty bad about the fact that I don't really feel all that bad.

I mean, I saw the footage of thousands of people gathered in Vatican City and Poland and New York all mourning his death, but for some reason I don't really feel all that bad about it.

And that is HORRIBLE!

I am certain now (beyond a shadow of a doubt) that I am indeed a horrible, godawful, souless, BITCH who is definitely going to HELL when she dies. The thing is that I didn't even really believe in hell before his death for some reason now I actually feel that it must exist and that I am going to go there -- and that is kind of scary.

Worst of all the lingering fear I've had of what a bad person I really am has been confirmed since I literally felt NOTHING when I heard of his death.

When did I become so jaded and heartless?

Nitro
04-02-2005, 10:47 PM
today is a sad, sad day

Alexis SC430
04-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Then why don't I feel sad at all?!

I think there is really something wrong with me...

Red Dragon
04-02-2005, 10:50 PM
I feel so sad im crying right now.

Slice
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM

There have been many Popes. They all die, just as you will some day. It is part of life, just because he was the Pope doesn't mean that he was superman. It is sad that he died, if you don't feel sad that doesn't make you a crazy bitch. All events don't necessarily have to have an emotion associated with them.

Pure_Evil
04-02-2005, 11:30 PM

It has nothing to do with the Pope though :ha:

Rest in peace John Paul, your work is done....http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel.gif

NightBreed
04-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Pope John Paul II was a good man..not easily replaced.

Rest in Peace..

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
04-03-2005, 01:24 AM
sure he was a great man, hope i can go on Rome asap

TheMaster
04-03-2005, 01:33 AM
This is a sad day not just for Catholics, but I think for everyone who respected the Pope for everything he has done for the world, Christain, Muslim, or Jew. God bless him, and may He be with us all in this tragic moment.

Mad Fox
04-03-2005, 02:15 AM
GReat man ... many accomplishments

Catalyst
04-03-2005, 02:24 AM
I htink it's ok to not feel sad, sure i feel bad for the guy, but im not overdoing it. He did good things and was a great human being :thumbs: but i mean these people act like they worship him, as far as im concerned he was a good person but not a holy angel, after all he hasnt walked on water

So i say this: May he R.I.P. and may many more persons like him come after :thumbs:

Thundarr
04-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Although I am not Catholic, I do have great respect for John Paul, may he rest in peace.

Alexis, don't beat up on youself for not feeling sad. I had a grandmother pass away some years ago that I hardly knew because I have no contact with my father and most of his family whatsoever and I didn't feel sad then either, and that was family... :(

Catalyst
04-03-2005, 02:36 AM
well said thundarr