PDA

View Full Version : wOOt! I finally figured it out!!!!

Caged Anger
04-03-2005, 03:49 AM
the trick to emulating playstation games is....downlaoding the how-to guide!!

hehe, i read it, downloaded the crap, filled in the blanks with google info, and now am kicking back and playing Driver. So much fun to take a trip back to my first video games...

(get it here, but only if you are entitled to it)

solid snake295
04-03-2005, 05:30 AM
i wouldnt be suprised if your post gets edited. i got bitched at for posting emulator stuff before.
thanks for the link though :thumbs:

SALvation
04-03-2005, 05:36 AM
Don't post links to emulators.

merkwannabe
04-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Emulators are legal, but roms aren't right? Or is it that you can only download a rom to a game that you own? It's such a touchy and complicated subject I can understand the reasoning for the edit, but I'm sure Cage's intentions were well placed!

I've had games stolen, does that mean I'm still entitled to play them? I think not!!! :(

Slice
04-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Emulators are legal, but roms aren't right? Or is it that you can only download a rom to a game that you own? It's such a touchy and complicated subject I can understand the reasoning for the edit, but I'm sure Cage's intentions were well placed!

I've had games stolen, does that mean I'm still entitled to play them? I think not!!! :(
You smashed orange.... I thought you liked smashing pumpkins? lol

merkwannabe
04-03-2005, 06:56 AM
You smashed orange.... I thought you liked smashing pumpkins? lollol.. I just thought it looked funny, so I made it my avatar. It has nothing to do with the Pumpkins! Well, there are some really distant connections that could be made, but let's not go into that! :)

EXEcution
04-03-2005, 01:10 PM

i'd say its a pretty controversial issue because people aren't always honest and will download emu's for systems they dont own because they will want to try out games which they dont own.
I always liked playing console games on consoles no matter how old or new, not just because it's legit but it's got that console gaming "feel" to it.
My logic is that if emu's were legal then they wouldn't be all over sites with warez and other illegal files.

Caged Anger
04-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry if I posted something wrong. But I did mention the fact that one should only download them if they were legally entitled.

I believe that considering Sony has put the Bios on the web for download, then they are fair game as long as you follow the rules. Namely, you own the original console and the original games. The only benefit to having an emulator is that you don't have to pull out the machine to use them. the playstation disks can eb read in your CD drive.

Once again, sorry about the post Sal. Forgot the last one was troublesome too