PDA

View Full Version : Ever Notice

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
The length of time a company puts you on hold when you wanna cancel your service.

Alexis SC430
04-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Um... no...

If memory serves me (and my memory PWNZ) whenever I've cancelled a service with any company they've done it promptly as soon as I spoke to an operator.

The amount of time spent on hold initially to speak with someone varies and can take quite a while sometimes, but that is fairly standard even if you're just going to ask a question or get technical support.

NightBreed
04-05-2005, 12:14 AM
I think they do that intentionally, just so you can hear their sales schpiel one last time and maybe think about it...

Never works on me though.. :tounge: :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Ugg was a 20 minute wait time to cancel my cell phone#. They tried to offer me the world to stay with them. Crap I have been with them for 6+ years and just wanted a new phone they were offering online for free. So I opened another account to get the free phone and cancelled the other.

Caged Anger
04-05-2005, 12:25 AM
me neither

::: DARK PSI :::
04-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Are you a customer service rep by trade? LOL

Um... no...

If memory serves me (and my memory PWNZ) whenever I've cancelled a service with any company they've done it promptly as soon as I spoke to an operator.

The amount of time spent on hold initially to speak with someone varies and can take quite a while sometimes, but that is fairly standard even if you're just going to ask a question or get technical support.

Slice
04-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Um... no...

Not true, hit the I want new service button and you are talking to someone almost instantly!

Alexis SC430
04-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Omg... I should do that! :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Not true, hit the I want new service button and you are talking to someone almost instantly!

Yup when I called to order the service was about a 1 min hold time.

ME BIGGD01
04-05-2005, 03:17 AM
hey who, i know the feeling. i must ask, was it nextel? that service was almost impossible to disconnect. they actually made the paper here for this.

JIMINATOR
04-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Ugg was a 20 minute wait time to cancel my cell phone#. They tried to offer me the world to stay with them. Crap I have been with them for 6+ years and just wanted a new phone they were offering online for free. So I opened another account to get the free phone and cancelled the other.
strange, verizon gives you $100 towards a phone after the contract... but a 6 year old phone, damn an upgrade is overdue.... :thumbs:

Die Hard
04-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Omg... I should do that! :D
No, you really shouldn't :eek:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Big no it was T-Mobile.
Jim they offered me the exact same phone I had but with a color screen.

Mad Fox
04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
I sometimes like hold music