PDA

View Full Version : DL Windows Messenger 7.0

ME BIGGD01
04-08-2005, 08:27 AM
http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/5/3/353263e6-07aa-46e3-ac03-3cfe3e0586b0/EN/INSTALL_MSN_MESSENGER_DL.EXE

I will so far give it 2 thumbs up for the ease and the features. I will test it out more to see if there is anything i don't like.

SHOTGUNmaniac
04-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Been using it for a while now, It's definately worth d/l imo......

Messenger plus, i really don't care too much for though..

JIMINATOR
04-08-2005, 08:57 AM
have any of you used gaim? I use that and it talks to everything. maybe not the specific msn features, but it has a lot of unique features.

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
04-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks Biggs, I used to use MSN 6.2 for my main chat program.

Die Hard
04-08-2005, 01:21 PM
have any of you used gaim? I use that and it talks to everything. maybe not the specific msn features, but it has a lot of unique features.
No but I used to use Trillian :thumbs:

Warhead
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
What's the difference between Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger?

I've used Trillian as well - not bad, really - my client of choice if I were stuck on Windows. Fortunately, I'm not - I use a KDE client called Kopete on my main Linux rig for instant messenging (except Yahoo! Messenger, because it's buggy in Kopete). It works with AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN, and YIM - just like Trillian.

A-Wal
04-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Do you really need to have an more than one IM account open at one time? As often as people do PM me, I would only need one account for then to get hold of me. I currently see no reason to have AIM, MSN, ICQ, and others all open at once.

Warhead
04-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Do you really need to have an more than one IM account open at one time? As often as people do PM me, I would only need one account for then to get hold of me. I currently see no reason to have AIM, MSN, ICQ, and others all open at once.
Yes, actually. The only reason I use MSN Messenger at all is because it's what my co-workers use. I prefer to use as few Microsoft products as possible, personally. I use Yahoo! Messenger to communicate with my prospects from the personals. I don't use ICQ much, but I keep it open since I post my ICQ number in my forum profiles. I mainly use AIM to talk with my relatives back home. So, ultimately it's easier for me to have all those clients open than try to convince everyone I talk to to use the same program.

Twin])I2agon
04-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Wheres the promised "offline message" feature ?!!?! :(

A-Wal
04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Or you could just stop talking to everyone like I do. :D

And how's that yahoo dating scene going BTW? I've always been weary of such things like that, and I hate blind dates more than anything!

Warhead
04-08-2005, 06:25 PM
And how's that yahoo dating scene going BTW? I've always been weary of such things like that, and I hate blind dates more than anything!
Eh... could be better. I'll take blind dates over no dates, but I have yet to meet someone I really like. It's cheap though, and it's Yahoo!, so you can't really expect too much. I hear Match is a good service, though I haven't tried it.

Slice
04-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I tried it and it only works the first time I use it, then when I try to use it again it says some stupid error. Xfire chat works just fine for me...

Caged Anger
04-08-2005, 10:44 PM
loved the beta so I'm sure this will be just as good

ME BIGGD01
04-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Eh... could be better. I'll take blind dates over no dates, but I have yet to meet someone I really like. It's cheap though, and it's Yahoo!, so you can't really expect too much. I hear Match is a good service, though I haven't tried it.
i use to frown upon online dating but when my brother got divorced he used matchmaker.com and met one hell of a lady on it. he is currently married to this girl and she really is a great person. my feelings have changed on such services where you do not get all the games and you get to meet alot of people. if would consider it if i was to ever become single again. my brother seems to be very happy with life now and to me that's what counts. he found the perfect match regardless that she tells him i am evil:) (jeez you make one comment on how big her chest is and i'm the anti crist).