PDA

View Full Version : Vx2 malware removal

Fred Bear
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
one of my computers has got this Vx2 malware. For the life of me I cant get rid of it. I have looked all over the internet for help but none of it works. Adaware has a plug in to remove it but it dosnt work. Am I to resort to reformating it? Can anyone help?

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey Fred, I found some things that might help you out:

Geeks to go , 5th post down (http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/VX2_Malware_Removal-t13232.html)

Computing.net (http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/14257.html)

It looks like both of these refer to using AdAware, however they offer alternative methods as well, so maybe they be of use to you. If not, I suggest you try posting in one of those boards if no one is able to help you here at GM.

JIMINATOR
04-11-2005, 09:42 PM
reboot and tap the 'f8' key, that should allow you to boot into safe mode.
then run the adaware program. i think i have a couple of threads also in the software section about general spycrap nuking....

Caged Anger
04-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Vx2...it sounds familiar....got it!!!

Its the one plagueing a computer next to me in Web Design. We've been throwing a bunch of programs at it, trying to clean it out. We finally stumbled on the solution after we has removed recently installed programs from the add/remove list. We then ran a complete spysweeper and spyware doctor scan and we finally nuked it. Hope my story helps...

Fred Bear
04-12-2005, 04:57 AM
reboot and tap the 'f8' key, that should allow you to boot into safe mode.
then run the adaware program. i think i have a couple of threads also in the software section about general spycrap nuking....
Jim you are the man!!! Thanks!! I cant belive that I overlooked such a simple thing. Once I ran adaware with windows in safe mode 'POOF' Vx2 was gone. I had spent all day doing things and running every program in the world. I think that the trick is to run adaware with windows in safe mode. This is one nasty malware.

JIMINATOR
04-12-2005, 05:14 AM
:thumbs: :thumbs: