PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of respeccing and need some thoughts

CrazyCleric
04-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Well I've been doing some thinking about Witch's spec. Currently he's 50 Ehn, 42 Rej, 34 Crush, 20 Shield. Before my trip I was testing different specs and I liked the spec of 50 Ehn, 50 Crush, 27 Rej, 7 Shield. On this spec I was able to reach a weapon skill of 1599 w/o having +25% buffs, but I also had to get Aug Str4. While dueling I lost only 2 out of about 20+ duels w/ tanks as well as assassins. My average dmg per swing was from mid 250-300 hits. Now to the reason of this post. If I were to spec 50Ehn/50Crush. Would you see me as a valuable person to a group having DI, BAoD, RR5, and good melee dmg? Or would you see it as just another non needed use for a Heretic? Note that the lower rejuv would sacrifice the Monster Rezz. Any thoughts before I decide to finally go w/ something would be appreciated. Thanks a ton!

Saretta
04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Moster rez is only good in keep/tower fights.

In a good roaming group are usually 2 clerics anyway so your healing skills would not be needed soo much, but the higher dmg output would be nice. In roaming groups monster rez is really useless. If we die especially when 1 or the 2 clerics die, we all die anyway :P Monster rezzed clerics are soo useless and when they drop to 5 % again they are dead again.

I think too that if u have trouble finding a group you could probably better solo with the 50 crush spec.

But you know I'm not the usually group started, in just a little cleric...

Shura78
04-12-2005, 01:35 PM
You know what I think about the so called perfect grp DNA, I never why OoD gotta focus on that since we are not a gank. So far as a grp got the basic things: speed.healing and CC all are welcome imho (well maybe a servant necro :D)
If we are speaking of pure utility for a grp: why roll an heretic if you have to go 50 crush/felx? a Merc would be better and as far as you damage can be high you don't have determination and or charge so you will be very vunnerable to CC like a reaver or a pally.
Imho a Heretic job in a grp is that of interrupt/healing support: interrupt is a key do RvR and Heretic are very good at it. Healing with 42 Rej and 25% is VERY uselfull also with 2 clerics in grp...take a look at a Hib grp with bard,2 druid and a warden or sencond bard....look at the healing power they have (a cleric who only use spread heal in combat is not a good cleric imho) and look at all the sh*t they can trow you to interrupt. Well an heretic can be our little warden and help a lot: heretic+theurgist in a grp will give a nice time with all the iterrupts they can generate, banelord ml are alway welcome, and 42 rej+25% toa bonus=uber healing.

CrazyCleric
04-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Shura, the only reason I was thinking of this possible spec for Witch is the abilities that he can bring for the group. 50Ehn/50Crush = good dmg, 27 Rej = ok back-up healing while still having a DoT spell as well as AoE snare for interupts as well as a lil CC if you can call it that. Another thing is that Crush doesnt need positional styles like that of the Flex line. So my thought was an nice 6sec anytime stun in an assist train along w/ the dmg it deals would be nice. Now w/ having 2 Clerics in a single group, well that hasnt much in the past. But on Pend I tested my healing and it seems pretty much equal to 42 rej since all our healing spells are baseline anyways. Here's the "thought" I originally had:

Heretic - Witchbane
Spec - 50Ehn, 50Crush, 27Rej, 7Shield
Realm Rank - Currently RR5L6
Abilities at this proposed spec as a tank - DI, BAoD, RR5, AoE (interupt/snare), DoT (interupt), 6sec anytime stun (w/ good dmg), Baseline Rez, Baseline Healing.
ML Path - Was thinking of staying Perfector to assist w/ quick fonts and power usage. Banelord I noticed the abilities were on a short (use) timer and a long (reuse) timer. I was thinking out of the abilities from my RA's I could stay perfector since that line can benefit more group members for a longer period.

One more thing is the ability for Clerics to carry the Barrier of Fortitude RA. Gives a certin % of absorbtion per level against melee attacks. It doesnt stack w/ BAoD, but it was a thought on it's possible use in a group for Clerics.

P.S. Sorry for the long thread, but not much to do in the middle of the A.M. when all are asleep. :) Thank You