PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes

BobtheCkroach
04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Alright...if I don't take a break from the strangest thread ever, I'm gonna explode.

Quotes have always been a big hobby of mine. If you don't believe me, here's (http://www.lerch.ws/quotes.html) 18 pages of my favorites.

Anyways, I would like you guys to just tell what your favorite quotes are, maybe I can add a page or two to the list! (I love quotes).

One note: for the most part, I'm talking about quotes from famous people...in general, i do not find "My Friend George once say: 'Holy Frick! Poop Stinks!'", to be an enjoyable quote, no matter how much you may like it.

Movie quotes, quotes from famous peeps...that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks - let's make THIS thread 20 pages long!

BobtheCkroach
04-12-2005, 11:32 PM
I'll start with a few of my favorites:

"I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize." - Steven Wright
"When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?" - Steven Wright
"Smoking cures weight problems...eventually..." - Steven Wright
"You can observe a lot just by watchin'." - Yogi Berra
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours. " - Yogi Berra
"There are two rules for success...
1)Never tell everything you know."
-- Roger H. Lincoln

"Based on what you know of him in history books, what do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today?
1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War
2) Advising the President
3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."
-- David Letterman

and my personal favorite...

"A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn." - Banacek

Now, I realize these are all funny quotes, but serious quotes rock too! Send them all!

merkwannabe
04-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Alright...if I don't take a break from the strangest thread ever, I'm gonna explode.I think this is one of my all time favorite quotes! :HEHE:

I quote LOTR all the time. "My precious..." Yatta yatta..

To be honest, I'm really bad at remembering exact phrases.. *sigh*

BobtheCkroach
04-12-2005, 11:34 PM
I think this is one of my all time favorite quotes! :HEHE:

I quote LOTR all the time. "My precious..." Yatta yatta..

To be honest, I'm really bad at remembering exact phrases.. *sigh*

Well, there's 18 pages there...get memorizing! Thanx for the quote. :thumbs:

merkwannabe
04-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Well, there's 18 pages there...get memorizing! Thanx for the quote. :thumbs:lol, np.

Get memorizing? lol, c ya in two years!

BobtheCkroach
04-13-2005, 12:22 AM
lol, np.

Get memorizing? lol, c ya in two years!

ha ha!

ME BIGGD01
04-13-2005, 12:37 AM
here is a quote i live by that a old friend told me in ny.

i feel it relates to anything and everything.

the f*** you give is nothing like the f*** you get:thumbs:

FUS1ON
04-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I to have a quotes file, these are some of my favs. :)

Don't give up, don't EVER give up! - Jimmy Valvano (Best of all)

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish for himself and you feed him for a lifetime. - ?Don't know?

Anyone who angers you conquers you - Sister Kenny

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there. - John Wooden

When one door of happiness closes, another opens;
but often we look so long at the closed door that
we do not see the one which has opened for us - Helen Keller

In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to lose sight of the shore
for a very long time. - Anonymous

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. - Robert F. Kennedy

Winning is not everything. It's the only thing. - Vince Lombardi

Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted. - ?don't know?

BobtheCkroach
04-13-2005, 12:48 AM
I to have a quotes file, these are some of my favs. :)

Don't give up, don't EVER give up! - Jimmy Valvano (Best of all)

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish for himself and you feed him for a lifetime. - ?Don't know?

Anyone who angers you conquers you - Sister Kenny

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there. - John Wooden

When one door of happiness closes, another opens;
but often we look so long at the closed door that
we do not see the one which has opened for us - Helen Keller

In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to lose sight of the shore
for a very long time. - Anonymous

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. - Robert F. Kennedy

Winning is not everything. It's the only thing. - Vince Lombardi

Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted. - ?don't know?

Those are good ones! Thanks Shogun! (i probably should have abided by the last one a bit more in the dragon thread today, but oh well... :rolleyes: )

BobtheCkroach
04-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Let's see...some of my favorite serious ones...

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing I could do was keep swinging. -- Hank Aaron

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent. -- Napoleon Bonaparte

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. -- David Brinkley

One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a good thing to say. -- Will Durant

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. -- Albert Einstein

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. -- Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner (5'9")

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement. -- Barry LePatner

Some men see things as they are and say "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say "Why not?" -- George Bernard Shaw

I could find more, but the list is long already.

Thundarr
04-13-2005, 04:30 AM
OK I did not check your list but here are two of my faves with the movies they came from...

"Come on in, and try not to ruin everything by being you." (dedicated to Red Dragon, lol) As Good As It Gets

"Check out the big brain on Brad!" Pulp Fiction

He Is Legend
04-13-2005, 04:38 AM
carl-"If you ever need anyone to talk to you know who to look too........someone else"

Carl-"While were on the topic, whats that thing around your straw thing there, dangiling...like its yours" shake-"You like it?..its new" carl-"Yea i like it......I liked it when i bought it"

Carl-"Welp it was fun, but uh im gonna take a nap now, and then i think im gonna call some hospitals"

carl-"Yea get in my pool, i really want it filled up with 500 gallons of stew"

carl-"WHAT HAPPEND TO MY FRIGGIN CAR?!?!?!"

meatwad-"Good morning carl!" carl-"Yea it is a good mornin there little man...ITS 3 IN THE MORNIN" shake-"You like our flag carl?" carl-"Look all i know is i found this chord in my house, and i look at yours and its glowing like the FRIGGIN sun, so i put 2 and 2 together there heh, and decided that your pissin me off" shake-"ugh, we are truly sorry carl, and it will probobly never happen again....................can we have our chord back now?" carl-"nah im gonna keep it there, since its uh, mine anyway"

carl-"Ok im gonna give this rainbow thing another 5 minutes, and if it doesnt show........im gonna go down to the store and get me on of those hotrod magazines....cause its got the girls with the boobs on em"

Carl from Aqua teen hunger force is the funniest cartoon alive.

BobtheCkroach
04-13-2005, 04:38 AM
OK I did not check your list but here are two of my faves with the movies they came from...

"Come on in, and try not to ruin everything by being you." (dedicated to Red Dragon, lol) As Good As It Gets

"Check out the big brain on Brad!" Pulp Fiction

Good ones! Thanx thundarr!

Personally, for the last two weeks, for no good reason I've had the following scene from PF going through my head.

"You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?"
"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?"
"No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the f*** a Quarter Pounder is."
"So what do they call it?"
"Royale with Cheese."
"Royale with Cheese!" (said only like Sam Jackson could)

BobtheCkroach
04-13-2005, 04:39 AM
carl-"If you ever need anyone to talk to you know who to look too........someone else"

Carl-"While were on the topic, whats that thing around your straw thing there, dangiling...like its yours" shake-"You like it?..its new" carl-"Yea i like it......I liked it when i bought it"

Carl-"Welp it was fun, but uh im gonna take a nap now, and then i think im gonna call some hospitals"

carl-"Yea get in my pool, i really want it filled up with 500 gallons of stew"

carl-"WHAT HAPPEND TO MY FRIGGIN CAR?!?!?!"

meatwad-"Good morning carl!" carl-"Yea it is a good mornin there little man...ITS 3 IN THE MORNIN" shake-"You like our flag carl?" carl-"Look all i know is i found this chord in my house, and i look at yours and its glowing like the FRIGGIN sun, so i put 2 and 2 together there heh, and decided that your pissin me off" shake-"ugh, we are truly sorry carl, and it will probobly never happen again....................can we have our chord back now?" carl-"nah im gonna keep it there, since its uh, mine anyway"

carl-"Ok im gonna give this rainbow thing another 5 minutes, and if it doesnt show........im gonna go down to the store and get me on of those hotrod magazines....cause its got the girls with the boobs on em"

Carl from Aqua teen hunger force is the funniest cartoon alive.

Uggg...I'm sorry, but I hate that show.

solid snake295
04-13-2005, 06:00 AM
"I love it when a plan comes together"- John Hannibal Smith (the A-team) :thumbs: