PDA

View Full Version : camera tazer w00t

solid snake295
04-17-2005, 08:14 AM
anyone else ever make one of these? this is the second one i've made (capacitor burned out on the first one from over use) and ive got to say this thing hurts like hell! :D i got a cheap $4 camera (w/ flash), a little bit of soldering and now i have a fun new toy that will provide hours of entertainment and laughs!
i hooked it up to a volt meter and measured 280V coming out of it, it doesnt sound like much but ive been hit with a real tazer (:hmmm: ) and it hurts just as much, if not more. it runs off of 2 AA batteries so theres really no amperage (amps are what kill people, volts just hurt)
if anyone is interested and if the mods dont mind i can post instructions :thumbs:

Aries
04-17-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure If I interpret this correctly, did you adjust this camera so that it works like a stun gun now?! :confused: :hmmm:

Caged Anger
04-17-2005, 12:16 PM
yes, he did and I know because I myself have seen one made and then used. Thankfully not on me...lol, the kid who took the hit wasn't right for the rest of the day.

One thing puzzles me snake...why would you already know what it feels like to be tazzered? You obviously wouldn't do it to yourself so who did it the last time? (cough...cops?)

EXEcution
04-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I think the 'how-to maker a flamethrower' thread was more interesting.... :D

BobtheCkroach
04-17-2005, 02:07 PM
I think the 'how-to maker a flamethrower' thread was more interesting.... :D

I personally prefer the "human lighter". I used to do it all the time. (til I did it inside the house and my mom threatened my life...and I got a girlfriend and she insisted that she wants me alive...hmmm...)

I'm sure most of you know how to rig a normal everyday lighter to shoot a 4-6 inch flame....first, you do that. (get a cheap lighter, pull the metal top off, and then the little tab that changes the flame size...move that to full, then pull the tab up a bit and move it back over to small, then drop it down...what you've done is cranked the little knob inside, and then moved the little plastic knob back w/o moving the knob inside...so you can move it over to full again! Do this 10 or 15 times, then put the tab on and flick the flint...BIG FLAME!)

Then, just push the button, don't flick the flint. This will cause lots of fuel to come out, no flame. Wrap your lips are the lighter and fill your mouth with some fuel. Then, pull the lighter out (keep your mouth shut) and flick the flint....puff onto the flame and enjoy! :D

Note: This is far more fun (and far more dangerous) with butane... :D :thumbs: ...burned the hair on my head, my nosehair, my eyebrows, my 5 o'clock shadow...it ROCKED!

JIMINATOR
04-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I personally prefer the "human lighter".
thank god, i thought that this was going to be a lighting 'farts' post....

BobtheCkroach
04-17-2005, 02:46 PM
thank god, i thought that this was going to be a lighting 'farts' post....

ROFL...nope, much more life-endangering than that...

BobtheCkroach
04-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Wrap your lips are the lighter and fill your mouth with some fuel. Then, pull the lighter out (keep your mouth shut) and flick the flint....puff onto the flame and enjoy!

Boy, that sounds like it could be a dirty euphemism, doesn't it?

Speedsweeper
04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Self harm?? :confused:

Slice
04-17-2005, 09:22 PM
You can also do the same thing with 9 volt batteries. We used to do this in junior high school. We would make a battery pack such as this one and stick it in our backpacks run the wires down our sleeves and out to our gloves. You would walk up to someone that you didn't like or wanted to prank on and shake their hand, lol.

Caged Anger
04-17-2005, 11:02 PM
sounds very creative, hate to be the one on the other end, lol

JIMINATOR
04-17-2005, 11:44 PM
a cop buddy had once brought a handheld stunner to work. I think it did 40000 volts. So we went around shocking each other on the arms and legs. It hurt but wasn't really incapacitating. I think you have to hit the chest area to incapacitate someone, but then I may be wrong. The tasers probably work much better since they have darts that pierce the skin....

BobtheCkroach
04-18-2005, 12:13 AM
You can also do the same thing with 9 volt batteries. We used to do this in junior high school. We would make a battery pack such as this one and stick it in our backpacks run the wires down our sleeves and out to our gloves. You would walk up to someone that you didn't like or wanted to prank on and shake their hand, lol.

I've hooked 3 in series and touched the end wires to my tongue...never had the guts to try 4...

BobtheCkroach
04-18-2005, 03:09 AM
anyone else ever make one of these? this is the second one i've made (capacitor burned out on the first one from over use) and ive got to say this thing hurts like hell! :D i got a cheap $4 camera (w/ flash), a little bit of soldering and now i have a fun new toy that will provide hours of entertainment and laughs!
i hooked it up to a volt meter and measured 280V coming out of it, it doesnt sound like much but ive been hit with a real tazer (:hmmm: ) and it hurts just as much, if not more. it runs off of 2 AA batteries so theres really no amperage (amps are what kill people, volts just hurt)
if anyone is interested and if the mods dont mind i can post instructions :thumbs:

If nothing else, please PM this...science experiment...to BobtheCkroach

solid snake295
04-18-2005, 04:44 AM
ok. ill take it apart tomorrow and take some pics.
i burnt out another capacitor in this one, im thinking i should rig up an inline diode or somthing so the surge doesnt go back into the cap :hmmm: