PDA

View Full Version : 'Monday Night Football' moving to ESPN

FUS1ON
04-19-2005, 04:12 AM
I was kinda shocked to read this.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3549738

Next thng you know Disney will boot Hank Jr. and have Mickey singing "Are you ready for some football?" :rolleyes:

PJ'l_Master
04-19-2005, 04:19 AM
...so ppl without cable or satillite are screwed then?

Dan2
04-19-2005, 04:28 AM
I hope Al Michaels signs a special deal with ESPN to continue calling the Monday night games.:confused:

PJ'l_Master
04-19-2005, 04:32 AM
ROFL

SHOgun you can appreciate this...i thought it was HILARIOUS
"Before 4 grand, life is non existent. After that, you better grab your baseballs cuz the parties gonna start."

gettin back on topic...

they can get rid of madden for all i care but al michaels AND hank MUST stay

Grimmy
04-19-2005, 05:13 AM
they can get rid of madden for all i care but al michaels AND hank MUST stay
That for sure! Madden ruins the game with his stupid comments, "I don't know what he was thinking?" (Duh, your not him, how would ya)

JIMINATOR
04-19-2005, 08:15 AM
wow, another headline was that sam mills is dead from cancer. he was an awesome pro bowl linebacker for the panthers and saints. 5' 9'' but he did the job. gg man! :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
04-19-2005, 10:23 AM
hopefully, it's the end of Joe Thiesman as well :D He makes Madden's coments seam awesome :rolleyes:

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
04-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Well, I think it is important to note that ABC was losing about $150 million dollars annually from their "Monday Night Football" program (Source: The Wall Street Journal). So with that in mind, I think it's easier to understand their reasoning. And PJ, people without cable or satellite television will get Sunday night football now, with NBC buying the rights for it from ESPN.

BobtheCkroach
04-19-2005, 01:43 PM
...so ppl without cable or satillite are screwed then?

I'd say people without cable and satellite are screwed anyways. I couldn't live w/o ESPN and G4. And all the CSI repeats on that one channel...um...chanel 168 on mine...um...SPIKE TV!

T I K
04-19-2005, 03:06 PM
:hmmm: Since Disney owns both ESPN and ABC........it kinda looks just like a big $$$taxx$$$ write off for them, especially with the "High Ratings" of Monday Night Football !! :eek: :(

Mr Clean
04-21-2005, 04:30 AM
I hope Al Michaels signs a special deal with ESPN to continue calling the Monday night games.:confused:

Al Michaels is horrible.

Mr Clean
04-21-2005, 04:32 AM
hopefully, it's the end of Joe Thiesman as well :D He makes Madden's coments seam awesome :rolleyes:

He is an idiot, but I think that the Sunday Night crew that ESPN had worked very well together. They could make any game interesting, I hope those guys stay together whether it is at ESPN or over at NBC now that the Sunday Night game is there...