PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam 2 Officially Announced!

SALvation
04-20-2005, 03:34 PM
"Gamers have been anxiously anticipating a full sequel ever since Serious Sam: The Second Encounter was released back in 2002," said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for 2K Games. "The frantic action and lighthearted humor of Serious Sam really struck a chord with gamers worldwide, and with a brand new engine and greatly expanded gameplay, we think fans will agree that the return of Sam has been well worth the wait." "Our second generation Serious Engine allows us to create characters with over 100 times more detail than the last game," added Roman Ribaric, CEO of Croteam Ltd, developers of Serious Sam II. "This has allowed us to create huge, lush environments and even crazier enemies than before, without having to scale back the gameplay in any way. Gamers can rest assured that with the capabilities of our new engine, we're not only going to match the record we set with the first Serious Sam for the most enemies on screen at one time, we're going to surpass it."

Sam will be at E3, as well as in the May issue of Computer Games Magazine.

JIMINATOR
04-20-2005, 03:40 PM
:drool:

Now if only they don't screw up the MP.... :pray:

Nitro
04-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Wow great news, even greater since since that announcement came on 4.20

JIMINATOR
04-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Wow great news, even greater since since that announcement came on 4.20

uh today is 4/20. or are you referring to a bible verse or something else stupidly obscure like that? :hmmm:

Nitro
04-20-2005, 03:59 PM
today IS 4.20 didnt ya know?
What a great day indeed :D

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
04-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Great news, thanks for letting us know Sal.

merkwannabe
04-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Sweet. My friend has tickets to E3. :cry:

SALvation
04-20-2005, 05:42 PM
I just confirmed that Sam 2 will be playable on the floor of E3 this year.

Term - I have just appointed you GameMecca E3 Correspondent. :)

T I K
04-20-2005, 05:54 PM
:drool:

Now if only they don't screw up the MP.... :pray:

Ditto on Dat !!

:hmmm: E-3 2005 May 17-20 shows a "Serious Games Inititiative" exhibitor, but still no mention of anything on Croteam website !! :confused: So they have officially announced the SS2 ??

Ah Tx for teh info Sal :)

DiTomasso
04-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Finally, the waiting is over..........:thumbs:

SALvation
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Sam 2 will also be featured on the cover of the June issue of Computer Games Magazine and will have a pretty big feature on the game. Also, Sam 2 is slated for release this fall.

Die Hard
04-20-2005, 07:31 PM
There is God after all. Thanks for the heads up Sal :thumbs:

EXEcution
04-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Great News!
Thx for Term!

Speedsweeper
04-20-2005, 08:50 PM
It's about damn time!!

Great news Sal.

:thumbs:

HARLEYRIDER
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey Sal...Long time no talk, how you been?...I seem to remember you saying you had an "in" at Croteam and were going to beta test SS2. Did you? How was it? MP? Good news here and Thanks for the info...H

Slice
04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Sweet. My friend has tickets to E3. :cry:
You have friends? Lucky you. :bawling:

NightBreed
04-20-2005, 09:28 PM

:thumbs: That's awesome !!! :wub: :woohoo:

Thanks for the news, SAL !!

merkwannabe
04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
You have friends? Lucky you. :bawling:LOL.. Ok, someone I know has tickets. :P

Harleyrider, I don't think beta testing for Serious Sam has even been released..

Ra\/en
04-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow, so its not dead? w00t!

SHOTGUNmaniac
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
sam 2 ......... let me guess.....

1. Do Not use any powerups that may give you an advantage.

2. Do not fire more than 2 grenades at any time from any one place.

3. We must all use the same weapon.

4. Do Not Spam.

5. No Camping.

Five major points before even buying the game.... Is sam 2 gonna be ruined like sam.

Grimmy
04-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Yea a use for the 1.50 patch!

Shotgun, forgot 6. I was lagging :P

Slice
04-20-2005, 10:18 PM

4. Do Not Spam.

5. No Camping.

Five major points before even buying the game.... Is sam 2 gonna be ruined like sam.
If you are counting on this game to be focussed on the online play then I have a gut feeling that you will be disapointed.

SHOTGUNmaniac
04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Yea a use for the 1.50 patch!

Shotgun, forgot 6. I was lagging :P

lol,, Thanks grimmy, I knew id missed something.... No, i know what it is, Your ping is lower than mine and you have an advantage.......

TurlockJC
04-20-2005, 11:03 PM
this is some good news:D hope they make a good multi:thumbs:

Nitro
04-20-2005, 11:39 PM
and be sure I'll find all the bugs and hacks your mind can comprehend :D
*cough* beta tester *cough*

Dangerous Dan
04-21-2005, 01:38 AM

Term - I have just appointed you GameMecca E3 Correspondent. :)
Term... be sure to get pleanty of fragmatch questions in :D

Dangerous Dan
04-21-2005, 01:40 AM
dude! i just realised... now that it's officially set for a fall release, the not-so-public beta i'm signed up for should be seeing my hard drive in the not to distant future :eek:

(thanks again FS)

He Is Legend
04-21-2005, 01:41 AM
dude! i just realised... now that it's officially set for a fall release, the not-so-public beta i'm signed up for should be seeing my hard drive in the not to distant future :eek:

(thanks again FS)

if you dont give us screens im blowing up your computer along with your tortilla chips

Dangerous Dan
04-21-2005, 01:45 AM

4. Do Not Spam.

5. No Camping.

well, this time around there should be more servers, and a ton of new users who aren't going to be willing to follow those rules, gamemecca-ians will be in the monority for once... it'll be a NEW AGE of serious sam, much like the old glory days when Bones ruled the servers with his perfectly timed power-up usages and emplyment of all weapons, grenades and shotty alike. :)

He Is Legend
04-21-2005, 01:58 AM
People with the low end pc's wont be able to play though

whats the reqs?

Nitro
04-21-2005, 02:02 AM
well, this time around there should be more servers, and a ton of new users who aren't going to be willing to follow those rules, gamemecca-ians will be in the monority for once... it'll be a NEW AGE of serious sam, much like the old glory days when Bones ruled the servers with his perfectly timed power-up usages and emplyment of all weapons, grenades and shotty alike. :)
Bones sucks :P
I can pwn that boy any day when he comes back :D

SALvation
04-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Hey Sal...Long time no talk, how you been?...I seem to remember you saying you had an "in" at Croteam and were going to beta test SS2. Did you? How was it? MP? Good news here and Thanks for the info...H
Hey Harley, how ya doin?

I will be in the beta test for Sam 2 but it has not started yet. I doubt it will until late summer.

SALvation
04-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Trust me, when the game is released some people are going to have a hard time in MP because they will be following the "gentlemen's rules" people play by today, and for those that were there when the MP for SE started, we all know it was not the case. Expect MERC to disregard all "gentlemen's rules" and revert back to the one golden rule...

Run Prey.

Nitro
04-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Trust me, when the game is released some people are going to have a hard time in MP because they will be following the "gentlemen's rules" people play by today, and for those that were there when the MP for SE started, we all know it was not the case. Expect MERC to disregard all "gentlemen's rules" and revert back to the one golden rule...

Run Prey.
mwahahahaha

Alexis SC430
04-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Expect MERC to disregard all "gentlemen's rules"...Uhhhh... as far as I know they did a long time ago (that is assuming they ever "regarded" them long enough to disregard them). :P

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-21-2005, 05:37 AM
Sam 2 will also be featured on the cover of the June issue of Computer Games Magazine and will have a pretty big feature on the game. Also, Sam 2 is slated for release this fall.

Hey, didn't hpc post a pic from that magazine on April 1st......:)

Nitro
04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey, didn't hpc post a pic from that magazine on April 1st......:)
You are officially the SS2 pioneer

z°crazym0ntana
04-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I hope this game is gonna be good

Black Rose
04-22-2005, 05:46 AM
WoW, that´s awesome. :woohoo:

Die Hard
04-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Trust me, when the game is released some people are going to have a hard time in MP because they will be following the "gentlemen's rules" people play by today, and for those that were there when the MP for SE started, we all know it was not the case. Expect MERC to disregard all "gentlemen's rules" and revert back to the one golden rule..
Run Prey.That's fine with me too. Watch your back :cool:

DiTomasso
04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I thought they disregard that rule already :D

Alexis SC430
04-22-2005, 11:42 PM
One problem with using pups in Second Encounter is that on certain maps they can really ruin things. This is due to the poor design of many of the maps.

Little Trouble - This is one map where the Serious Damage is really okay.

The Lost Tomb - The pups have the potential to really ruin this map, because the map is small and as long as you get one of the pups first you can easily time the respawns for each so that it's simple to be the only one who gets them through the whole match.

Fortress - This one really isn't so bad either, though it can suck if someone hangs around in the corners of the single-barrel shotty room right above where the SD spawns. I really like the fact that you can only get the invulnerability once so you better use it wisely -- I wish it was like that on all maps.

Hole - The Serious Damage isn't so bad, and while the invisibility would be better placed out where the Heart is or something. The invulnerability, however, as we all know is idiotically placed in teh ultimate camper spot next to the cannon ammo.

Yodeller - My favorite map though placing the SD by the laser is kind of dumb. Aside from that having Santa drop the other pups randomly is nice, mixes it up a bit, and makes it a little harder to camp.

Red Station - This map suffers from many things the most prominent of which is the stupid respawn points all so close together. Aside from being able to spawn camp the center with a shotty easily it also makes it simple for that same person to get the SD over and over. And of course having the invis spawn underground in a little room that can easily be camped with the stupid flamethrower sucks too.

Compound - My second favorite map. I think the SD ruins it unless it is really full.

We've Got Skulls and Bones, Too - The pups all respawn WAY too fast, especially the invulnerabiliy which is way too easy to camp. I've never actually played this map when it was full (12+ people), but I get the feeling it might work then.

I'm really hoping Croteam put more care into the design of the maps. Also, I think directly transfering over elements of the SP and Co-op game to DM is a mistake -- they need their power toned down. Another nice feature might be to make players earn their power ups like in UT.

Nitro
04-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Using invisibility in Skulls and Bones when there's like 10 people is the absolute best way to get a ****load of frags quick.

SoulReaver
04-23-2005, 01:19 AM
I hope there will be some more multi game types like CTF and TDM.

SHOTGUNmaniac
04-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Using invisibility in Skulls and Bones when there's like 10 people is the absolute best way to get a ****load of frags quick.

best using it and hitting them from behind, they dont even know you got it....lol

SHOTGUNmaniac
04-23-2005, 01:23 AM
just play the game as it was intended "DEATHMATCH" kill or be killed....

Slice
04-23-2005, 02:41 AM

Run Prey.
Well if they actually got their multiplay together, I hope they made it so that you have more control over the game itself. This will cut back on the whining.....

Nitro
04-23-2005, 03:08 AM
just play the game as it was intended "DEATHMATCH" kill or be killed....
As the Quake III slogan says: "Frag anything that isn't you"

HARLEYRIDER
04-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Hey Harley, how ya doin?

I will be in the beta test for Sam 2 but it has not started yet. I doubt it will until late summer.

Been good SAL...shame about hockey...sucks!

If there are any openings in that beta test this summer, please let me know! Need a new MultiPlayer game to mess with....have not liked any of them since UT2004..Hope SS2 is the next great MP