PDA

View Full Version : Excellent movie....

JIMINATOR
04-23-2005, 10:25 PM
I saw "kung fu hustle" with my daughter and her friend (both 12). It is in subtitled chinese. The beginning was dark, but throughout the rest of the movie we were all laughing at all of the insane action. It is completely over the top like "shaolin soccer" (by the same director). Movie reviewers here gave it an A-, and I have to agree. Grab a buddy and go see it, you will enjoy it! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

merkwannabe
04-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I thought it was going to suck! I've only heard good reviews so far, so maybe I will see it.

ME BIGGD01
04-23-2005, 11:59 PM
jim, how did you know what they were saying?;)

EXEcution
04-24-2005, 12:21 AM
i was wondering the same thing... :P

Slice
04-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Um he said it was subtitled Chinese. He didn't say in Chinese. ;)

SoulReaver
04-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I loved Shaolin Soccer, which I first saw like 5 years ago. I was going to see this with my sister but we ended up not :/ Maybe next week.

BobtheCkroach
04-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Agreed...absolutely hilarious!

JIMINATOR
04-24-2005, 02:28 AM
sorry, it's in chinese with subtitles. My daughter and her friend were wanting to leave after the first 10 minutes, which were very dark. Afterwards they switched to some type of miniature town thingy, which can be visualized almost as a type of open fortress. it was tons of humor from there out. they became very engrossed in the movie. i'll be seeing this again, and getting it when it comes out on dvd... :thumbs: All the crap you see from hollywood is just the same rehashed BS repeated. This was a very enjoyable diversion.

BobtheCkroach
04-24-2005, 02:31 AM
sorry, it's in chinese with subtitles. My daughter and her friend were wanting to leave after the first 10 minutes, which were very dark. Afterwards they switched to some type of miniature town thingy, which can be visualized almost as a type of open fortress. it was tons of humor from there out. they became very engrossed in the movie. i'll be seeing this again, and getting it when it comes out on dvd... :thumbs: All the crap you see from hollywood is just the same rehashed BS repeated. This was a very enjoyable diversion.

I personally thought that seeing the main bad guy doing that jig w/ the axe, and the following little dance, was absolutely hiliarious.

"I don't understand you. Why aren't you speaking in Chinese?" - ROFL

ME BIGGD01
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Um he said it was subtitled Chinese. He didn't say in Chinese. ;)
i know what he said, i was trying to make a funny there:rolleyes: .

i guess it went over the heads:)

subtitles need to be read right?:D

ME BIGGD01
04-24-2005, 04:42 PM
i remember the first movie i went to with subtitles. i was unhappy i had to read the whole movie but my wife wanted to see it since she speaks italian. anyway the movie was one of the best i have ever seen "life is beautifull-lavita bella".

JIMINATOR
04-24-2005, 04:52 PM
you forget the subtitles after a few minutes. Like my wife and I were watching a subtitled video a couple of weeks ago, and I asked for the remote to turn the volume up.... then realized that was silly....

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 10:39 PM
YOU have a DAUGHTER??????? :eek:

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Wait wait wait......... so...

Does this mean that either currently or at some point at least you also have/had a WIFE????? :eek:

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh... wait... you said that you asked her for the remote...

Jesus H Christ...

So, you're like, married?!?!?!?!

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't mean to sound mean here or anything, so don't like get mad. It's just that I would have never, ever, EVER have guessed in a million years that you would be married (either in the past, present, or future) and have a child!!

Sorry, it's just like a BIG shock to me. I don't mean to sound mean here.

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Tell the truth -- are you seriously really married and stuff???

JIMINATOR
04-24-2005, 11:48 PM
no, it's all a lie. sorry bout that. I am really an unemployable 22 year old that lives out of his car..... and sees movies whenever I can sneak in....

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Awww... I'm sorry I sounded mean... don't get mad... :(

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm sure you're a wonderful husband and father probably.

Alexis SC430
04-24-2005, 11:54 PM
You just like spend a lot of time at this forum, which is why I was surprised, that's all.

Sorry. :(

EXEcution
04-25-2005, 02:07 AM
This forum is Jim's "release" (not the release you dirty bastards are thinking of)

JIMINATOR
04-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Awww... I'm sorry I sounded mean... don't get mad... :(
lol, lexi, you are such a goof. i like you fine, even though (maybe why) i pick on you. between work and home i am on the internet probably half the day, so checking the posts is no biggie. of course it is important to be selective about what I respond to.... have not done that enough in the past... :thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
04-25-2005, 03:57 AM
no, it's all a lie. sorry bout that. I am really an unemployable 22 year old that lives out of his car..... and sees movies whenever I can sneak in....

sometimes i think you can make the most misreable bastard laugh:D

merkwannabe
04-25-2005, 06:24 AM
no, it's all a lie. sorry bout that. I am really an unemployable 22 year old that lives out of his car..... and sees movies whenever I can sneak in....Heh, I knew that all along.. You can't trick this mut!

merkwannabe
04-25-2005, 06:26 AM
the most misreable bastard Are you alright? You've been acting distressed latley... Or maybe it's just me.