PDA

View Full Version : 1st SS2 in-game screenshot

SALvation
04-25-2005, 04:39 AM
Thanks to Seriously. This is the first in-game screenshot.

JIMINATOR
04-25-2005, 04:52 AM
wow. like what the hell is that? can't wait.... :thumbs:

SALvation
04-25-2005, 04:56 AM
It looks like an upgraded plasma gun.

TurlockJC
04-25-2005, 04:57 AM
is looking good:D

Dangerous Dan
04-25-2005, 05:13 AM
i wonder hwo that big honk'n gun is gonna stranslate into fragmatch lol, i can see it now.... "$^%$&# cheap!!!!" ;)

JIMINATOR
04-25-2005, 05:16 AM
the BFG-SS maybe... :D

T I K
04-25-2005, 06:22 AM
the BFG-SS maybe... :D

Oh Yehhh Baby !! :funny:

Kind of hard to tell from a single screenie, but from this single, the graphics are lookin Really Good !! :cool: :thumbs: Tx Sal ;)

merkwannabe
04-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Oh mama. That looks like a lot of fun. It might be the first single player I get addicted to!

*chants* Sal! Sal! Sal!

The White Lycanthrope
04-25-2005, 07:58 AM
i can't wait for this game ... i need it NOW !

Die Hard
04-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Looks like he's grabbing a radioactive Crab's ass :eek:

Thanks Sal :thumbs:

merkwannabe
04-25-2005, 08:05 AM
i can't wait for this game ... i need it NOW !That's pretty demanding don't you think?

Reloaded
04-25-2005, 10:29 AM
i am happy about it too.
but i dont think uŽll have the same "sam-feeling" in this game like in ssse

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Finally, some hard proof that they are working on the game. I think it looks fantastic. Thanks Sal.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Nice screen shot. Can't wait for a demo to come out.

EXEcution
04-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Looks awesome1111

JIMINATOR
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
more info:

Here's a note from Roman Ribaric, CEO of Croteam, the development group behind Serious Sam II

Most of our fans already know or read that, but for those less familiar, we are in development of Serious Sam 2 for PC and Xbox for quite some time now. To be precise, as soon as we finished Serious Sam for the Xbox, we started the design for the sequel. Serious Sam 2 development is planned to be finalized -when it's done-.

Along with that, we decided to develop new engine technology called Serious Engine 2. The decision not to update old Serious Engine was already made before we finished Xbox version. We realized the difficulties of updating the technology which is now almost 6 years old and keeping it up-to-date with latest techology. So, we decided to start from beginning, but also to use good parts of old engine as a basis for creating new one.

This proved to be a good decision, as now we already have new Serious Tools in workable condition, along with Advanced Physics, Entity Compiler, etc. For example, Level Designers are now able to create much more complex level arhitecture, at least hundred times more polygons than in old engine, while still having an excellent framerate on mid-range configurations. All this will be spiced up with usage of advanced vertex and pixel shaders, dynamic shadows and lots of other state-of-the-art features. Also, Entity Compiler means more control over enemy AI, weapons, etc. and also it's going to be of great help to MOD community, as you won't need to have Visual C++ any more to create code for your MOD. These are just a few of many great things we already have in Serious Engine 2.

Along with the game and engine, we are also planning to release a technology demo/benchmark in the near future, showing what Serious Engine 2 is capable of. We hope that you'll be _amazed_ with what we are doing.

I won't go into more details at this stage, as we plan to have updates regularly, where you'll find out what's going on in more details.

Die Hard
04-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Lets hope the next update includes some details on the Netcode. [Fingers and Toes crossed]

He Is Legend
04-25-2005, 06:04 PM
looks hella fuggin sick!!!

Dangerous Dan
04-25-2005, 06:26 PM
i am happy about it too.
but i dont think uŽll have the same "sam-feeling" in this game like in ssse
if by "sam feeling" you mean a laggy netcode, swimmers, cannon whores, and a lack of maps.... then i hope you're right :P

Dangerous Dan
04-25-2005, 06:31 PM
i wonder what this is... it looks liek some sort of tank-ish emeny...

merkwannabe
04-25-2005, 06:48 PM
i wonder what this is... it looks liek some sort of tank-ish emeny...I think that's my player skin. I asked them to make one just for me with special weapons. I'd say they done me good!

He Is Legend
04-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I think that's my player skin. I asked them to make one just for me with special weapons. I'd say they done me good!

Sure did

http://www.corporateartists.com/images/richardsimmons.jpg

merkwannabe
04-26-2005, 04:30 AM
Sure did

http://www.corporateartists.com/images/richardsimmons.jpgAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :P

FlameRush
04-26-2005, 04:53 AM
i wonder what this is... it looks liek some sort of tank-ish emeny...
It looks like a minotaur on tracks, with buffed arms

Asian Invasian
04-26-2005, 05:04 AM
This game looks like it might actually be famous....
Maybe ill get paid and be famous in the world :D with teh uber leet sam skills i had.
Or maybe..... it wont
Ill just wait and see.

merkwannabe
04-26-2005, 05:55 AM
Maybe ill get paid and be famous in the world :D with teh uber leet sam skills i had.
Or maybe..... it wont
Ill just wait and see.Heh. You haven't been hanging out with Gun Element anymore have you?!

Nitro
04-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Or maybe..... it wont
Ill just wait and see.
I'll be more famous than you with my uber leet skillzorz :P

He Is Legend
04-26-2005, 11:13 AM
me and psycho will be the most famous

be jealous

Dangerous Dan
04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
and there's two more now http://www.seriouszone.com/gallery/ss2

this game looks funky :D

...I'm curious, is that a shotgun? looks liek it's got double a double shot, whatever it is :eek:

He Is Legend
04-26-2005, 04:08 PM
the sites being gay :(

He Is Legend
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Looks like a grenade launcher

I just want to know the system specs for it

tell us how it plays DD :p

Dangerous Dan
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
the sites being gay :(
probably high traffic, looks popular already :cool:

i'll be sure to report how it is when i get it... but i wont be posting any screenshots... i'm thinking that's against policy

He Is Legend
04-26-2005, 04:21 PM
probably high traffic, looks popular already :cool:

i'll be sure to report how it is when i get it... but i wont be posting any screenshots... i'm thinking that's against policy

it would be?

Dang..

JIMINATOR
04-26-2005, 04:44 PM
the url is broken, go to the site and click on the sam screenshot to view it. it brings up the third one. the new ones are the 2nd and first, so click on the back arrows to see them. one is a cityscape with robots, the other is in a field. looks yummy....

Free Styler
04-27-2005, 02:25 AM
if ever they have team death match and it becomes very popular the canadian team will be very strong:)

Asian Invasian
04-27-2005, 03:19 AM
if ever they have team death match and it becomes very popular the canadian team will be very strong:)
Im not from Canada silly :P

merkwannabe
04-27-2005, 03:35 AM
I wouldn't mind trying to get good at this game, but I think that by the time it comes out, I'll have to be focusing on a job and school a lot more than I am now.

Remember me.. Sheds tear!

SALvation
04-27-2005, 05:14 AM
Bah. After you graduate you'll realize that how well you did in school will never matter in your job search. Play games instead.

JIMINATOR
04-27-2005, 05:20 AM
eh, maybe the letter grades are meaningless, but the ability to do critical thinking and perform tasks is not.... but then again if all else fails, DL has some openings... :thumbs:

merkwannabe
04-27-2005, 05:47 AM
Bah. After you graduate you'll realize that how well you did in school will never matter in your job search. Play games instead.Hahah.. Nah, I'll take my chances with trying to do well in school.. If everything is going smoothly next year, then maybe I'll be able to balance the two..

but then again if all else fails, DL has some openings... :thumbs::devil:

Die Hard
04-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Anyone heard of a game due to come out soon called Serious Sam 2? :P

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
04-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Bah. After you graduate you'll realize that how well you did in school will never matter in your job search. Play games instead.

maybe the letter grades are meaningless

Sal and Jim, maybe that was true when you guys were graduating, but in my experience, GPA in college matters a great deal. While it's true that for a small firm GPA might not matter much, many large corporations ask for GPA next to the degree earned. Let me list some of the things in my experience where GPA matters:

-To get a Master's Degree. I'm sure that the high majority of graduate schools in the country ask for GPA from the school that the student received their Bachelor's Degree.

-To be accepted into advanced programs. At my school, there are BS/MS programs (Bachelor's of Science/Master's of Science) that allow students to graduate in five years with both degrees (instead of the traditional six). These programs have very strict GPA requirements (and I'm sure there are similar programs at schools which have both undergraduate and graduate courses).

-A friend of mine, an Electrical Engineering major, applied for a job at General Electric. They asked for his GPA (he got the job).

-At Exxon, the Chemical Engineering division does not even look at resumes from students with less than a 3.4 GPA (I know because my Aunt worked at Exxon).

-At the State level, with virtually every person that I worked with (from chemical engineer to biologist to civil engineer), they were asked for their GPA. I worked in one of their biology research labs over the past two summers and one of the things they pressed upon me is the importance of not only critical thinking skills in college but GPA as well.

-The Biomedical Engineering company that I hopefully will be working for when I finish my Master's asks for GPA. Another biomed company that I am looking at asks for GPA as well.

In fact, I can honestly say that I have never been told by anyone (except Sal and Jim here on GM) that GPA does not matter in college. That includes not only people from my university but people who I have interacted with in industry. It could be possible that GPA only matters for larger companies or for engineers, but I doubt it. I think many companies use GPA as a standard to help them sort through the pile of resumes that they receive, and to give them an idea of what type of person they are dealing with.

I couldn't let your comments go in good conscience without saying something because I know that there are many high school guys on this forum who will be going into college soon and I don't want them thinking that their GPA doesn't mean anything.

That said, back on topic:

I think the two new screenshots say are really satisfying. The monkey screenshot tells us that there will be the classic jungle/plains area in Sam again and that there will be enemies that use melee weapons. I also think the blades of grass in that screenshot look incredible. The robot screenshot was pretty surprising to me. I didn't think that Sam would have to go into any cities, but maybe that is where all of those biomechs are produced. I also like the new shotgun - it has a more futuristic style but remains rugged at the same time. As I said before, I can't wait for this game.

He Is Legend
04-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Hahah.. Nah, I'll take my chances with trying to do well in school.. If everything is going smoothly next year, then maybe I'll be able to balance the two..

:devil:

get homeschooling like me

its easy

SoulReaver
04-27-2005, 12:26 PM
That looks awesome. In the Computer Monthly Video (or whatever it is called) magazine (June issue), their cover story is SS2, you should check it out. I was only able to skim through it, though the in game screenshots looked awesome. Note: It didn't say anything about multiplayer except that co-op was to be in the next version (up to 16 players I believe.)

SALvation
04-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Is the June issue of CGM out already? Where did you find it?

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
I haven't got the June issue of CGM yet. I received the June issues of GAMEPRO and PC GAMER yesterday, and haven't looked at them yet.

SoulReaver
04-28-2005, 01:16 AM
I saw it at EBGames, I don't know whether to subcribe to CGM or PCGamer now. CGM has been getting some nice exclusives lately like the next UT and SS2.

EXEcution
04-28-2005, 02:18 AM
I love that city-like landscape, i hope some mp maps will be based off it.
Otherwise everything looks very sam-ish, the enemies and weapons, lets pray mp wont dissapoint...

Twin])I2agon
05-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Dunno if these screens have been posted already :confused:

Pure_Evil
05-16-2005, 12:01 PM
nice shots TD :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
05-16-2005, 02:35 PM
nice shots TD :thumbs:
man, i bet pure can't wait.... :thumbs:

thanks for the new screenies...

Pure_Evil
05-16-2005, 02:40 PM
If there's a demo, you bet I'll be trying it. I've been looking for a game besides UT to play for 3 years, everything keeps failing :( might as well give SS2 a shot. I figure since in 03/06 I'll be building my next PC, might as well test it with a new game, will SS2 demo be out by then?

I know I'm not a big single player guy, and they probably wont have DM on the demo :rolleyes: but I'd run it just the same.