PDA

View Full Version : Finally some gg

C4 Guy
04-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi all!

After a pretty bad playing day yesterday, I finally got two gg with DiTomasso, Jackass, Huggy and Scorch. :)

Edit: Added another one from today. GG, guys! :thumbs:

jackass
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
:thumbs: GG C4 Yeah it was a nice and fun game in hole Wit You or Dito, GG all

Andy
04-26-2005, 10:14 AM
GG all :thumbs:

Assassin
04-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Gg All :)

Die Hard
04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Nice games C4 :thumbs:

Andy
04-26-2005, 01:48 PM
great advice Huggy :thumbs:

Die Hard
04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey!!! You play without music?!?! I must try that one day :P

C4 Guy
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
gg c4 btw when you said i was lucky i wasn't,the first time i got you i saw your shadow,the second time i heard you take the shotty ammo

Then you're just a good player :D

Don't give much on things I say about luck. I was a little frustrated yesterday... :(

put your shadows on complex 4 lights and make sure your music is turned off and use your ears :thumbs:

I never played fragmatches with music anyway, but the sounds doesn't help me that much yet. Right now I'm mainly concentrating on not getting killed so fast. ;)

I try that with the shadows. I used to have them turned up to max, but then I turned it to simple again, because I got a hardware caused lag every time I got too close to any other player. Very bad for shotty duels. :(

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

C4 Guy
04-26-2005, 03:49 PM
what graphics card do you have? do you have the latest drivers? are you running sam in direct x or open gl? and what resolution are you in?

I run a Sapphire Radeon 9800SE AIW + Enhanced Memory on 1152x864, DirectX. I don't have the latest drivers because it's a pain in the ass to change them and they may disturb the tv software so I would have to reinstall it, too. ATI drivers suck... :mad:

I've just tried to play with shadows and some other settings changed. The whole thing crashed so bad I had to do a restart. After I changed some settings again, it worked fine.

@Huggy: Shadows explain a lot of my personal deaths. :banghead:

They just look strange and are not very realistic, especially if you're standing on an edge (hole, middle elevator). I need to get used to it first.
Thanks again for the great hint. :)

DiTomasso
04-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Choose speed in video option screen.

Turn somethings down in advanced options screen (were the shadow is), don't forget to turn gamma up. no dark corners :D

btw ATI drivers don't suck , i am using it

C4 Guy
04-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Choose speed in video option screen.

Turn somethings down in advanced options screen (were the shadow is), don't forget to turn gamma up. no dark corners :D

btw ATI drivers don't suck , i am using it

Gamma is full volume :D

ATI drivers are hard to handle especially in combination with AIW software. Maybe it works better with 3D-only cards.