PDA

View Full Version : HellGate: London (The next digital crack?)

SALvation
04-27-2005, 01:31 PM
This just entered my radar as a game that I will definitely keep my eyes on and I think most of GM might want to also since it plays to our most popular games.

HellGate: London was just announced by the former head of the Diablo franchise from Blizzard. The game is a FPS game with full co-op support, and RPG elements and items similar to Diablo. I think that combines all of GM's favorite genres into one. :) Here is a preview IGN did:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/607/607334p1.html

"Levels, item drops, creatures, events, and difficulty level are all dynamically generated based on the group entering the zone of play. How big the group is and what level they are will directly affect the way the level is generated. At this point, they don't have a definite number of players that can be in a group, though Roper says it's theoretically as large as you want it to be. We'll have to wait and see what the verdict is when the game finally ships, but the prospect of large teams of weapon toting humans bent on revenge is pretty awesome."

He Is Legend
04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
dude this game sounds kickass

wow...i was a major fan of Diablo 2

come to think of it, i still havea 88 sorc and a 88 barbarian with very rare eq

wow...cant wait :D

SALvation
04-27-2005, 01:49 PM
It sounds like imagine the addictive qualities of Diablo combined with the co-op of Sam thrown into the FPS universe.

He Is Legend
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
It sounds like imagine the addictive qualities of Diablo combined with the co-op of Sam thrown into the FPS universe.

>Drools<

Death Engineer
04-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Sounds pretty sweet.

Die Hard
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
I never played Diablo but SS Co-Op I did. What you guys saw that was good in co-op i dont know?

SoulReaver
04-28-2005, 01:09 AM
It sounds awesome! I loved Diablo 2. I read the previe wfor this game from the PC Gamer magazine. Sucks that it'll be coming out in 06 or quite possibly even 07.