PDA

View Full Version : June CGM on Sale May 3rd

SALvation
04-27-2005, 02:29 PM
FYI - The June issue of CGM which is going to have a bunch more info on Sam 2 goes on sale on May 3rd.

Die Hard
04-27-2005, 02:30 PM
The old heart's skipping a beat....

UncleSam
04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Woot! Game On!!!!! (almost..)

EXEcution
04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Eh, nice cover page... LOL

Looking foward to it.

SoulReaver
04-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Its been out for like a week. I saw it Monday in EBgames, its like a 6-8 page exclusive, screenshots kick ass.

FUS1ON
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
From page 44 to page 50 is nothing but fluff and stuff about where they went wrong with the previous versions of Sammy, bla bla about the new and improved Serious engine, how open and spacious the Co-op maps are and how colorful everything is compared to other games today with their dim hallways. Seven pages and not one frigging word about Deathmatch.

For some reason I keep having the same flashback over and over of one of the times (and there were many) over at the S! forums this was back before GM was even around when we, the Deathmatch peeps where complaining about something and one of the Co-op peeps made this comment, "Sam was always designed to be a co-op game that just happened to have deathmatch." As much as I hate to admit it, he was correct and it's beginning to look and feel that way again.

BTW The $4.99 for the magazine stayed in my pocket! :rolleyes:

Pure_Evil
04-28-2005, 05:08 PM
:D fluff and stuff cracked me Shogun!

Croteam---->http://www.snipun.com/images/attention%20whore.jpg

He Is Legend
04-28-2005, 05:20 PM
:D fluff and stuff cracked me Shogun!

Croteam---->http://www.snipun.com/images/attention%20whore.jpg

2 times that you have used that now! :P

Pure_Evil
04-28-2005, 06:01 PM
well, this one isn't as 1337

http://www.snipun.com/images/attentionwhore.jpg
:rolleyes:

see what I mean?

FUS1ON
04-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Agreed, use the other one! :thumbs:

Die Hard
04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm with Shoggie......

Dangerous Dan
04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
From page 44 to page 50 is nothing but fluff and "Sam was always designed to be a co-op game that just happened to have deathmatch." As much as I hate to admit it, he was correct and it's beginning to look and feel that way again. this is true, but true also is the fact that they said DM was going to be in the game in Sal's previous interview; from a sales Perspective, it would make sense to emphasize the aspects that made the original one sell, that being single player and especially its renouned coop. But doesn't that imply that DM will also benefit from the improvments? i mean if the improve the netcode for coop, it'll be better for DM as well, and if they fix all the map changing bugs then that can only help DM. If they don't include a capture the flag mode, or instagib mode, it can always be moded, and this time around a good netcode would make instagib playable :rolleyes:

Die Hard
04-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with Dan. What would be the point of bringing out a new game in 2005 that doesn't have that ability? It makes no sense.

Frag on....

SALvation
04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Mods should be easier to code for Sam 2 than Sam SE. Croteam has said that you won't need to know VC++ to code mods and that the mod tools should ship with the game.

FUS1ON
04-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah yeah Dan I read Sal's other post in OT too and agree ... to a point because even companies like Raven are pushing the fact that Q4 is going to be storyline based taking up where Q2 left off in their ads.

I'm just saying that somewhere in seven pages of text and pictures they could have mentioned DM and yet they didn't. Instead they discussed what I mentioned earlier, how they made a mistake in pricing the first games at $20 and how that caused most players to overlook Sammy because they saw the low price and figured you get what you pay for, how many companies had bought the serious engine (I was kinda shocked to learn it was 20), the new mapping/coding interface, etc... yawn ...... oh excuse me, I almost fell asleep.

Where was I? Oh yeah, I understand Croteam tauting the Co-op aspect to draw interest, but I feel like an important aspect of the game was overlooked and deserved at least a paragraph or two. Same song, different verse.