PDA

View Full Version : Attention Guild Wars Players

SALvation
04-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Since I know a bunch of you are planning on buying Guild Wars, lets try and coordinate servers now before everyone goes in their different directions. Let's plan on using a server that most GameMeccans can be found at. Use this thread to coordinate your server and maybe we can even start a GM guild. Personally I'm on the fence for the game. I love WoW but I might buy GW since there is no monthly fee and I could play when my WoW rest meter is recharging.

BobtheCkroach
04-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Since I know a bunch of you are planning on buying Guild Wars, lets try and coordinate servers now before everyone goes in their different directions. Let's plan on using a server that most GameMeccans can be found at. Use this thread to coordinate your server and maybe we can even start a GM guild. Personally I'm on the fence for the game. I love WoW but I might buy GW since there is no monthly fee and I could play when my WoW rest meter is recharging.

Have you not actually played GW yet, SAL? There's no individual servers. All the servers run together to make a "seamless world".

Lemme find the link...Hmmm...link (http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html)

the specific important line is under "Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?"

"Finally, unlike existing MMOs, all characters in Guild Wars inhabit the same virtual world -- they are not divided onto different servers or shards -- so players can always team up with or compete against any other player in the world."

As for creating a Guild, that might kewl, though I've already had another group of guys that wanna play all together that would probably create one - my loyalties are split! ARGH! Actually, i'm dirt poor right now so i won't be buying this, at least for a few weeks (no school + internship should equal a stable income, finally!)

FUS1ON
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I know that many Outlaws of Darkness members, including myself are going to be trying out the game and forming an OoD guild. From what I understand, OoD has always been open to GameMecca members into DAoC and I wouldn't see that Guildwars would be any different if you guys wanted to join us. It would be cool to have everyone that's interested at GM in one guild.

Nitro
04-27-2005, 07:43 PM
I can't wait to get it :)

MR. SLiK
04-27-2005, 09:24 PM
i have the game, my name is Tel Marine.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-28-2005, 02:06 AM
Game Mecca guild?

He Is Legend
04-28-2005, 05:47 AM
What server yall gonna play on?

BobtheCkroach
04-28-2005, 05:49 AM
What server yall gonna play on?

Read my post from earlier, Chaotic. There aren't servers on Guild Wars. They all work together to create a seamless virtual world.

He Is Legend
04-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Read my post from earlier, Chaotic. There aren't servers on Guild Wars. They all work together to create a seamless virtual world.

sweet deal dude

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
04-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Hoping Machine will go out and purchase two copies for us today, or in the very near future. :thumbs:

SALvation
04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Anyone seen reviews on the game or any GM peeps wanna share their thoughts?

He Is Legend
04-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Well from playing from the first and second beta, alot has changed...new images, monsters, items, magic, weapons

all that stuff, the game itself is just so freaking awesome!..Not paying monthly is the biggest thing though, I think that would attract alot of people to play.

The main thing about this game I like the most is the PvP, I love batteling people over and over...and you actually get XP for it..higher the level the higher the Xp, its awesome

The Enviornment (or however you spell it), is beautifull and very pretty..with high graphics and detail with AA 4X its deff great eye candy..eye candy is wonderfull

Another thing I like is being able to be 2 professions..like the professiosn are..Mesmer, Elementalist,Necromancer,monk, and warrior...you start out as just one, but after a couple quests you can choose a alternate profession, I love that ability too

It's pretty hard to level too, So i'm figuring there wont be level 7553257652 in 4 days, which is great :P

Parties and groups and raids I'm figuring will be veryyyyy nice

I'm still at the begging, I havnt done but like 15 quests, So I havnt much to say..except this game is freaking awesome!

It's worth every penny!

FUS1ON
04-28-2005, 05:38 PM
I just installed it and it looks like once you learn how to setup your char with skills/weapons/etc it should be easy. Nothing too hard, it's just the usual learning curve stuff though. Char. movement is my main problem now, it's different than what i'm used to. The graphics are really nice from what i've seen so far.

BTW This game has a T rating? Sho Mancer is looking teh hot! Hell i'd do 'er! :P

FUS1ON
04-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Ooops, you are correct, it was T&A! :D

FUS1ON
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
BTW This is the first review i've seen. It's very well written and if you want to know about the game it's pretty good, but you will have to READ it. ;)
http://www.gamesxtreme.net/pc/game/guild-wars/review.shtml

A-Wal
04-28-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't have the game, but the prospect of generating your own world to play in sounds like it would be mighty hard to find other people to group up with. You would be limmited to grouping up inside a central town, and once you're a hundred miles from nowhere you're kinda screwed if you need that last minute friend to help you kill the dragon that's kicking your ass! I haven't played the game yet, so I don't actually know how that works out.

FUS1ON
04-28-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't have the game, but the prospect of generating your own world to play in sounds like it would be mighty hard to find other people to group up with. You would be limmited to grouping up inside a central town, and once you're a hundred miles from nowhere you're kinda screwed if you need that last minute friend to help you kill the dragon that's kicking your ass! I haven't played the game yet, so I don't actually know how that works out.

That's the way it is in other games, GW is and was designed to be different. They realized that traveling and crap was boooooring and did away with it. Get the game first, try it out and then post what you think of it. Trust me, there are tons of peeps running around wanting to group up atm if that's what you want to do or need to do. I swear the most asked question is, How do you dance? It's funny to see all the groups of peeps pay good money for a game and they are there dancing. :D I'm sure they will tire of that soon though.

EDIT: There is 'some' running/traveling involved.

Mr Clean
04-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Nice review, but I don't give him too much credit...1st mmorpg? Dislike for PvP? Looking forward to a veteran PvP & MMORPG reviewers.

You mean you are waiting to hear how sexy the forges are? :P

SoulReaver
04-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah I would like the idea of a guild. My character name is Kain LeonHeart (pretty gay, my mind went blank), its an Elementalist/ Monk, I'm only at level 3. The game is very good so far.

FUS1ON
04-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Nice review, but I don't give him too much credit...1st mmorpg? Dislike for PvP? Looking forward to a veteran PvP & MMORPG reviewers.

True but I guess what I was trying to say and failed at was that he did a good job of explaining some things so that a new person would understand them and not assuming like some other reviewers do.

On another note and these are early results but ... a 9.1! :thumbs:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/sort/rating/gameID/0

SoulReaver
04-29-2005, 11:02 PM
So, are we going to make a guild? I know it might take awhile though, since you require a lot of gold.

FUS1ON
04-29-2005, 11:41 PM
If you want to join OoD, send Term a tell. His toon's name is Gharac Missmyforge

SoulReaver
04-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh ok, thanks for the info!