PDA

View Full Version : Spain Practice

::: DARK PSI :::
05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Time to get practicing for Spain. This course has the same feeling as Malaysia.. lots of corners that sneak up on you.

F1nut
05-02-2005, 05:23 PM
:bawling: I just took a stroll around this little track and I must say it is one hard curse lots of run off areas to spin in Hi Hi :down: . Overtaking is definitely possible :thumbs: at the last corner and long strait and off track excursions a given on the high speed corners where u try to :eek: go faster. Well is time to start practice and let me tell u I will not be as slow as last race :cool:

Homer.F1
05-02-2005, 09:17 PM
That's right. Start practicing 'cause u gonna need it.:cool: Believe me I won't be putting in a performance like last night so u guys better be ready.
When are we gonna do this one though? Next week?

05-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I think this Sunday.. no? If we don't, it will be a huge gap from now until the next race. Personally, I would like to get Spain out of the way and spend a few weeks ATTEMPTING to learn Monaco. :eek:

05-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Ok so far I am hitting anywhere from a low 1:17 to 1:18.:cool: This track looked harder than it really is. It is no malaysia. I love when the engine goes red line in 7th gear on the long straight in front of the pits.. i swear the engine is going to explode! LOL! :eek:

F1nut
05-03-2005, 03:01 AM
1.17.+ :eek: that’s great I can’t get under 1.21.+ :( I must be doing something wrong ??? :confused: The old wheel is coming back on the desk MOMO is going back in the box I’m hopping that’s my problem and not my driving

05-03-2005, 09:33 AM
No Not The MOMO! Oh and I had one of my freak 5 hour practice sessions. :D

Me = addict :doh:

F1nut
05-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Yo guys can u post some times I managed a 1.18.57 :thumbs: but the computer does 1.14.9 :bawling: and i'm way off the pace :eek: however they go off course and that’s a + ???? :confused:

05-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Actually, by them going off course I seem to be quicker on the track. I am using the same setup as San Marino.. and not the RH one for Spain. Seems to be working for me. I will get some times in tonight and post em.

05-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I just pulled off a 1:16:092. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Let's race NOW!

Btw Salvation and I have raced today. On my connection he was getting a 30 ping with me around 40-80. Since I am the server I should be getting a higher ping anyway.

My connection is pretty sweet it would seem. Now we need to see how it is with 5 racers. I am steady with a up time of 357 which is pretty damn good for this game. Me = happy.

SALvation
05-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Last night was my first ever races using a wheel or shifters, and my best time after about an hour was 1:25:542. Hopefully that gets better by the time I race with you guys.

05-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Either way you will crush F1 Nut. :D

F1nut
05-05-2005, 02:05 AM
Welcome SALvation hope u enjoyed your racing just watch out for DARK PSI :eek: he’s a wild one and don’t get discouraged. This game takes time and practice .Dark I try to get in last night but u had p word and I was too tired to call I had a ping of 40 to u so let me know haw u and SALvation did. My times are starting to come down a bit I managed some 1.16. + but my setup stinks .Good Luck looks like Sunday we are a go so practice boyz :thumbs:

SALvation
05-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Well tonight I switched to the nose camera angle and that seemed to help a bunch. My new best time is 1:23:819.

SALvation
05-06-2005, 03:31 AM
OK another day, another personal best. I was able to get a mid 1:19's now.

05-06-2005, 03:32 AM
1:15:043! BEAT THAT!!!!!

Actually I got that by spinning off the course and cutting some lawn. So tis not official. I was using the nose view camera.. it makes me sick watching it that low to the ground. I don't know how Salvation does it.

Homer.F1
05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
5Hr practice session!!!:eek:
I thought we agreed to keep practice to 6hrs TOTAL per track at the start of the season. Here goes Dark thinking he is Ferrari and ignoring all testing bans set forth in the EA-FIA regulations for wanna be racers that we agreed to while drunk at F1.nut's house. I say we give him a two race ban (a-la BAR).
Where the hell do you have the time? Did you bring your MOMO to work?

Welcome Salvation :thumbs:.
I think we may need to change the scoring system. Unless you guys want the last guy to get 0 pts.

Anyway I managed to do a 15.826 (while staying on course) but that was only for a lap but I seem to be able to sustain low 16s consistently. I attatched some of my setup settings and named them by the best time I achieved with them. You guys feel free to use them if you want. I think I can get better with lower rear wing settings but hard to control the car over a long run.

05-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Bring my MOMO to work huh? DAMN GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I probably over exaggerate the time spent racing each night... I probably put in about 2.5 hours a night and about 3 hours on the weekend each day. What can I say.. I LOVE THIS CRAP!! I may never race the real cars in real life.. but at least I have my PC. :D As far as 6 hours.. man i just cannot.. I am too addicted to this game!!!! Screw winning our championship.. i just wanna drive. :D

I have maintained consistent 1:16's now throughout the race. I will up my setup tonight as well so you guys can see what I am doing. I have not hit a 1:15 yet. I have got as low as a 1:16.0xx.

Maybe we should up the points all by one. Just give the word and I will go and adjust the scores so far to reflect the point structure. I take it would look like this:

1st - 6
2nd - 4
3rd - 3
4th - 2
5th - 1
DNF - 0

5Hr practice session!!!:eek:
I thought we agreed to keep practice to 6hrs TOTAL per track at the start of the season. Here goes Dark thinking he is Ferrari and ignoring all testing bans set forth in the EA-FIA regulations for wanna be racers that we agreed to while drunk at F1.nut's house. I say we give him a two race ban (a-la BAR).
Where the hell do you have the time? Did you bring your MOMO to work?

Welcome Salvation :thumbs:.
I think we may need to change the scoring system. Unless you guys want the last guy to get 0 pts.

Anyway I managed to do a 15.826 (while staying on course) but that was only for a lap but I seem to be able to sustain low 16s consistently. I attatched some of my setup settings and named them by the best time I achieved with them. You guys feel free to use them if you want. I think I can get better with lower rear wing settings but hard to control the car over a long run.

05-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Here is my setup file. I choose to lower the wings to get speed. I use my gears usually to help me steer through corners. Gears = more control than brakes.